Sisters of Mercy - Postwave.gr Interview

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
iesus
Overbomber

Postwave Interview with Andrew Eldritch 19/10/2015

It's in greek language but there is an interesting answer to a classic question that changes things in an interesting manner.....

A rough transcription by the meaning by me (the english language script is not available to me)
Question-We know you didn't release new record because you disagreed with the music industry system. Things have changed in music industry the last years and you can create and distribute your work directly to fans even finance it by using a platform such as Pledgemusic for example.
Answer :von: - Yes i believe the new payment methods are useful but platforms like Spotify just exists for those companies to rob the musicians like the old days, in this i have totally no interest. Yes today someone can offer his music directly to his fan base, this is very interesting and useful, i am looking closely to it. YES (this is how it mentioned with caps in greek text) this is something that we think seriously now to create discographic works. If you had asked me 5 years ago i would tell you that there is no meaning to create a record, music industry controls everything and in a bad way. But now they don't have control.

I will try to see if i find the original in English or translate it in meaning of the Greek text tonite if interested. :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thanks a lot iesus, this interview is much much better than the one in Vive le rock! :notworthy:

Unfortunately, it is a bit difficult to google translate it in parts - the end of the interview is ok, but the first half is really difficult.

He mentions everal times at the end that they are writing and that it's an advatage they have three different backgrounds, sounds good but won't expect anything :wink:
iesus
Overbomber

Asked about English original interview. The reply was that tomorrow there will be the english version in postwave.gr ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."