Quietus interview with AE, CC, & BC - September 6 2016

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

http://thequietus.com/articles/20874-in ... s-of-mercy

Token random unimportant fact from the interview:
Andrew Eldritch wrote:I’ve got a swimming pool.
(Ignoring the random stupid fact above, there are actually some moderately interesting questions & answers in this interview, which makes a pleasant change, IMHO)
Pista
Cureboi

Just got this in my google alerts.
Not a bad piece & nice to hear from the others too :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Best I've read in years, actually :notworthy:

And, good to know next time :von: mumbles,
You seem to regard the very old songs more highly than I imagined.

AE: I think there are some good elements to even the worst ones. Some of those early songs we still play in rotation and I try to concentrate on the bits of them that I like and idly sing my way through the bits I like less.
:lol:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Hmmm.... So the new record will be called Osmium?

Over their 36 years, The Sisters output has been absolutely littered with intertextual references.

AE: It’s absolutely full of it and that’s why it increasingly takes me longer and longer to write a song because the material is actually very, very dense. It’s one of the reasons I don’t mind playing the same songs 30 years running because they are so dense. Every time I sing them on stage, I can follow up one particular link in my head and embrace and enjoy where it’s leading me.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Good one!

And I'm with the Catalyst on this one: I also think the Sisters are built for festivals. :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Fascinating insight into the current live set up and the very non-punk revelation that :von: employs a cleaner!
Great work from Heartland member Mark Andrews in tracking the three of them down and weaving their answers into such an excellent interview. :notworthy: :notworthy:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Can write PEARL code but struggles to update a website with BASIC HTML :eek:
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote:Can write PEARL code but struggles to update a website with BASIC HTML :eek:
He likes the site to go "pip pip pop" ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Fascinating insight into the current live set up and the very non-punk revelation that :von: employs a cleaner!
And I think the truth can now finally be told...

SCENE: INT dwelling in undisclosed European location. Curtains half-drawn to reveal apocalyptic scene - half-empty coffee cups with fag ends in them, beer cans litter every available surface, overflowing ashtrays on coffee table and bookshelves, battered acoustic guitar on sofa; also on sofa what appears to be a sleeping body covered by an old candlewick bedspread. Cat asleep on body.

FX: Doorbell

Body on sofa grumbles and stirs.

FX: Doorbell, continuous and insistent

Body rises from sofa, revealing VON. Cat grudgingly jumps onto floor and tiptoes through the detritus heading towards the kitchen. VON picks up a succession of cigarette packets on the coffee table, shaking them; finds one that is not empty, removes cigarette, puts in mouth, and lights.

VON stands - he is wearing baggy, stained, once-white Y-fronts, a single blue sock, and a faded t-shirt proclaiming "Aqua World Tour 1997".

FX: Doorbell

VON coughs, disturbing the depths of 35 years of catarrh. Shuffles towards door.

CAM: Pan to follow VON through door; Steadicam down hallway to front door.

VON opens front door. Standing on doorstep is GLADYS from No. 37. She is carrying a bucket containing marigolds, scrubbing brush, furniture polish, and a roll of bin bags. She is wearing a housecoat under an apron. Her hair is done up in a duster.

GLADYS: Ooh, good morning, Mr. E – I’ve been ringin’ that doorbell for ages, I thought you must of gone out. Let us in, ducks – it’s perishin’ out ‘ere.

VON: Morning, Glad – sorry about that, we had a bit of a party last night, I’m afraid we made a bit of a mess.

GLADYS: Oh, you international rock stars with your wild parties. Whatever will I do with you?

GLADYS chucks VON under the chin

GLADYS: Now, you go put some clothes on – whatever will the neighbours think, and me married to my Dennis these 63 years come November. I’ll pop the kettle on and make a start.

GLADYS enters and walks down hallway; VON goes upstairs.

CAM: Steadicam follows GLADYS to living room, where she surveys the carnage.

GLADYS: [mutters] Well this is a right old to-do and no mistake. Best get started.

GLADYS pulls out binbag and start emptying ashtrays into to, collecting beer cans, etc. Goes to window and pulls curtains back. On a table under the window is a pile of papers, pizza boxes, empty DVD cases, and various papers. GLADYS puts the DVD cases to one side and collects the rubbish. Picks up note pad, reads.

GLADYS: What’s this? “Final details and tracklist for new album�? Who’s Chris Catalyst when he’s at home? “Robochrist�? Well, I don’t like the sound of that, I don’t think our lord and savior would be very flattered. Such nonsense. And no, I don’t believe for a second that’s he’s slept with all the girls in Berlin – Barnsley, maybe, if Mrs. Dawson’s youngest lass is to be believed. [sigh] I don’t know, these boys and their foolish fancies.

GLADYS puts notepad into binbag and continues to collect rubbish, dusting and wiping as she goes.

[fade to black]
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Above the Chemist

A nice long interview ... lovely ... :D ... anyway, The Quietus is mostly a good read ... :D ...

*Thank you for posting ... :notworthy: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

@EB :lol:
I suspect that there is more than a grain of truth in this, and no doubt Euro-Gladys has also managed to delete all the new tracks the band are "always banging down" with an ill-placed can of Pledge on a computer keyboard.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

EvilBastard wrote: And I think the truth can now finally be told...
:lol: :notworthy:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:@EB :lol:
I suspect that there is more than a grain of truth in this, and no doubt Euro-Gladys has also managed to delete all the new tracks the band are "always banging down" with an ill-placed can of Pledge on a computer keyboard.
:lol:
Gladys - don't throw it away!
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.