Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
November 26: Sheffield University Foundry, UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2016 (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #51  Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

abraxas wrote:
I'm back under a new name

rumplestiltskin is equally as flippant a guess as it's my best : another clue?
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #52  Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so: after the gig is i've got 4 or 5 hours to kill before my bus to leeds for mr denbigh's benefit gig: any club/dive/alleyway recommendations as an alternative to chain-smoking outside the coach station much appreciated. (leeds at 6am is no problem -i've been stranded there with no phone/money/drugs for days before so this should be a doddle. in fact i'm looking forward to the experience. Wink )
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #53  Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got stuck in Sheffield once after a gig. Some kind souls offered me a sleeping bag on their couch. Iíve always depended on the kindness of strangers.
abraxas
Road Kill

PostPost #54  Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
abraxas wrote:

was previously Nikjw - but computer fail and some weird stuff with my previous email address means I had to set up a new account on here
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #55  Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

abraxas wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
abraxas wrote:

was previously Nikjw - but computer fail and some weird stuff with my previous email address means I had to set up a new account on here

ah ty for that. and welcome back. Our fearless leader!
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #56  Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #57  Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's your evening sorted! We are not worthy! The Corporation is a cracking club, or it used to be at any rate. I've vague memories of the drummer from VNV Nation picking my ex-wife up off the dancefloor, with no effort whatsoever, after spotting her tongue drooling out her gob and across the floor in his direction Laughing
Jammy git, you'll love it Very Happy
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #58  Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and Presley (who's posted this on FuckFace and must work there) suggests we may get some sort of discount or something. bonza!

so: saturday up to shef on the coach, meet-up and drink gin at the pre-sisters Gin-fest that at least me and Victoria (EmmaPeelWannaBe) will be patronising, see the Industrial Groove Machine, hit this goth club, bus it to Leeds first thing, and have a nice relaxing soiree at Mr Denbigh's do. Our fearless leader!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #59  Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really should get a hotel room sorted for this.
the cake is a lie
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #60  Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ay up Barry! should be a good weekend all round eh? Cool
Chaotican
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #61  Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know of any tickets for sale?

I'm supposed to fly back to California on the 25th but I'm 80% of the way to delaying my return and seeing the whole tour. Sheffield is totally sold out - nothing on stub hub even.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #62  Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chaotican wrote:
Anyone know of any tickets for sale?

I'm supposed to fly back to California on the 25th but I'm 80% of the way to delaying my return and seeing the whole tour. Sheffield is totally sold out - nothing on stub hub even.

Tweet Chris. Tell him of your distance over time and hint and a guest list pass.

From what I'm hearing you may need to extend another day to cover Sunday.

Good luck
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #63  Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm off. i'll sithee (thats's see you in mock-yorkshire for our american cousins) in the gin-fest. i'm the bald c**t with sunglasses on top of his head wearing a Heartland t-shirt. so you know who to avoid. Our fearless leader!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #64  Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
i'm off. i'll sithee (thats's see you in mock-yorkshire for our american cousins) in the gin-fest. i'm the bald c**t with sunglasses on top of his head wearing a Heartland t-shirt. so you know who to avoid. Our fearless leader!

... Laughing ... loads of pleasure and joy to you and everybody who's going ... and to those performing of course as well .... Mr. Green ...

* Here's an evening of playing cards with the elderly remains of the family ... Laughing ... though they have to go to bed early, so I'll be back in time for first reviews ... Mr. Green ...
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #65  Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoy, all, hope it's a blinder of a show!
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #66  Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sat in the ginfest and its full of fucking students Laughing Seen 1 sisters fan so far and he was about 10 ( years and IQ).
At least i got here - sheffield is a most confusing city. Confused
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #67  Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have a splendid time this evening ladles & jellyspoons Very Happy
TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #68  Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@tsomofficial:

Quote:
Just been told that there are 15 tickets left on the door to tonight Sisters gig at Sheffield Foundry. First come, first served.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #69  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderfull! As good as Leeds XXX I would say. Same setlist I think. Really very very good! Smile
abraxas
Road Kill

PostPost #70  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was a very good gig
Venue took some finding though
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #71  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bang on.very hot in the mosh pit

Not a ful! Alice due to a protest from Von over people on shoulders.

He won in the end
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #72  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
Bang on.very hot in the mosh pit

Not a ful! Alice due to a protest from Von over people on shoulders.

He won in the end

Obviously, to clarify, the protest on his part was to let people stay up, not that he, 30+ years later, took offence. Smile

It wasn't me...

Marge xxx
ROBBIE
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #73  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was nice to have a home town gig for a change, nice to be able to leave the venue, get in the car and drive home to my bed, instead of walking back to a hotel. I did actually wonder if I was in the right place when I first walked into building, all these nicely decorated walls, all well lit corridors and security that actually smiled.

Not being particularly tall and seeing the stage was not very high I decided to venture towards the front near Chris and hoped it wouldn't get to squashy. Turned it was the right move as I got a good view, despite the guy in front having a ten foot Mohican. Thankfully he didn't keep turning his head sideways and blocking the view.

Had a great time, the sound seemed fine, although it was difficult to hear fully being that close to the PA. Saw Our fearless leader! almost poke the security with his microphone stand when they first tried to stop the people on shoulders and he later went over and said something which got a nod in return. Loved how he kept saying manyana to the all the requests for certain songs. Still not quite convinced by the suit, does make me think he is about to break into a Sinatra song at any moment.

The roadie testing Our fearless leader! mic made me smile when he kept saying 'von's microphone in the house.' Also had to laugh at the two girls behind who obviously hadn't seen them for a while and 'hoped the would play all the classics' - are there any other ?

Same set list as Birmingham.

I have seen them seven times this year and it was such a great ending to the tour. Thank you The Sisters of Mercy.
chillgod
Road Kill

PostPost #74  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

go tonight and make it eight. you know you want to
Chaotican
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #75  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This started out wonderfully and got better. Instead of shivering in an outdoor line, we got to lounge on couches in the student center and snack and drink. The venue and stage was small with low ceilings, but that didn't hurt the acoustic as at all.

Enthusiastic crowd, great energy, and as others have said, - security guard who backed down and let people enjoy. (She was facing away from the stage when Andrew went over to thank her later. He startled her quite a bit!)

It was dripping sweat hot with people peeling off their clothes. The temperature difference between Liverpool and Sheffield was probably 40+ degrees!

Really enjoyed this one.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2016 (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: