THE ALIENS?

NEW RULES: One thread per day only. If there's a thread for today already started, post on that. And if there isn't? Then you get to start one. Aren't you the lucky one?

Do you believe in extra-terrestrials embodied on Earth?

Yes.
No votes
No.
100%

Total votes: 2
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Every club, society, or group to which one may choose to belong has its own rules. Membership of those groups is contingent upon adherence to those rules. If you transgress, you are warned. If you continue to do so you are banished. In some societies that banishment is called "prison", in others it might be called "exile" or "sent to Coventry" (which would be a fate worse than exile, imho).

Your jokes about Montes were not funny. This alone would have had you hanged drawn and quartered in my new republic. An unfunny joke about an ethnic group does not fall under "political correctness" - at worst it falls under "racism", at best there's an embarrassed silence, as we all try to pretend that we didn't hear it and that one of our number thinks that unfunny jokes are acceptable.

My advice, such as it is, is that if you wish to post unfunny ethnic slurs then you start your own forum and do it there. Since we're trying to foster a pleasant atmosphere, an environment where people do not feel threatened by the rants of others, where educated discourse is the order of the day and where, by reasoned argument and debate, we raise ourselves above the baying hoardes, I'd reckon that The Moderator's actions were in keeping with that goal.

You may, of course, disagree. Then again, I wonder why someone who is so clearly opposed to censorship would choose to continue to post in a forum where he believes that censorship exists.

See you next Tuesday.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Dan
Overbomber

agesofmaya wrote:P.S. I see the mod has banned my previous account on the basis that my jokes on Montes are "pure racism"... :lol:

My dear Mark, each and every Monte would only laugh to that! I chose only the best and neutral jokes imo (I was actually really trying to be careful on that, knowing I'm in a censorship realm); but there are much worse ones, believe me. .
(If you don't believe me, go ask Mike Varjak - he's a Monte, too, he'll understand. Lol )

P.P.S. * Gee, what they've done to you, ppl, when you can't even joke in a relaxed manner, not to stress if you end up in jail, or something? :o
Can't you post British jokes on Scottish here, or what?! :o
Well I must say I did find the jokes distasteful. I've been to Yugoslavia twice in the mid 80's and as far as I could tell it was all one country. Then in 1991 it all fell apart and everything went to s**t and suddenly people are finding a reason to be racist to a group of people who used to be exactly the same as themselves. It all seems a bit pointless. Or would it be seen as 'banter', like calling the Welsh 'sheepshaggers' or saying "Oooo Arrr" to a Cornishman?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Dan wrote:It all seems a bit pointless. Or would it be seen as 'banter', like calling the Welsh 'sheepshaggers' or saying "Oooo Arrr" to a Cornishman?
I suppose it depends - would you be prepared to walk into a pub in Merthyr Vale and opine (in one's cut-glass English accent, naturally) that welshmen have an affinity for their ovine brethren? If not (and I know that I wouldn't) perhaps the banter is best left unbantered.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

When you've been thrown out once, it's very rude to come back in. You're just going to get banned. Again. And again.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well, at least it's very rude (and dumb) to come back in and behave the same way as before ... Image ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

let's not forget the time-tested and infallible method of going under the radar by adding a consonant to one's user-name. definitely evidence of the intellligence one might expect from an ancient inter-galactic planet-seeding bloodline there. :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:let's not forget the time-tested and infallible method of going under the radar by adding a consonant to one's user-name. definitely evidence of the intellligence one might expect from an ancient inter-galactic planet-seeding bloodline there. :roll:
... :lol: ... a multiplying consonant ... :lol: ...