Sisters 2017?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

First London night sold out (for real) now!

https://mobile.twitter.com/tsomofficial ... 4594414593
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

Hamburg and Warsaw sold out! :eek:

Not many dates left now. Impressive!
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12593
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Btw, I've noticed a number of 50+ streaming service @YouTube ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... does any of them actually STREAM The Sisters shows?
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14202
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Being645 wrote:Btw, I've noticed a number of 50+ streaming service @YouTube ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... does any of them actually STREAM The Sisters shows?
Nope. They are all scams. Best thing to do is report them as scams trying to get credit card & email information
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12593
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:Btw, I've noticed a number of 50+ streaming service @YouTube ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... does any of them actually STREAM The Sisters shows?
Nope. They are all scams. Best thing to do is report them as scams trying to get credit card & email information
Over 50 of them, that's a shame. How can YouTube allow this? They should see to that, without anybody reporting. As it's the same for other bands as well ...

... and not one real vid from the gig ... :( .. I guess they're all hidden on FB ... :( :( :( ...
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14202
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Yep. Google are pretty re-active rather than pro-active when it comes to taking stuff down.
They'll only do it if asked to or if stuff is reported.
Last year's The Cure tour was a nightmare. There were hundreds of scam streams, some posted weeks ahead of the actual shows.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
stepinside
Road Kill
Posts: 22
Joined: 17 Mar 2016, 17:40

I attended the first night in Brussels yesterday and I don't know if it's only for this tour but one of the tee-shirts sold was the one with in front the old logo + "utterly bastard groovy", the typo is brown and on the back is written one sentence of the "Burn" song : "And the kissing and the colour come crashing down".

1992 original here : https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-long ... tile-house

By the way, the "utterly bastard groovy" meaning seems to remain a bit hum... unclear :lol:
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... d134ca0d2d
User avatar
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 12:57
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield,England

stepinside wrote:I attended the first night in Brussels yesterday and I don't know if it's only for this tour but one of the tee-shirts sold was the one with in front the old logo + "utterly bastard groovy", the typo is brown and on the back is written one sentence of the "Burn" song : "And the kissing and the colour come crashing down".

1992 original here : https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-long ... tile-house

By the way, the "utterly bastard groovy" meaning seems to remain a bit hum... unclear :lol:
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... d134ca0d2d
Crikey, I haven't been on tshirtslayer for ages.
Utterly Bastard has been a standard at gigs for the last twenty years. Good shirt though.
"I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost




we fall to rise
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 154
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 23:24
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Have the girls done any interviews for this tour yet
User avatar
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 288
Joined: 21 Nov 2008, 17:48
Location: San Francisco

No Stockholm reviews yet so I decided to search to see when the guy in the bear suit first appeared. I don't see any mention. He's not an new addition, is he?
User avatar
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1032
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: York

Chaotican wrote:No Stockholm reviews yet so I decided to search to see when the guy in the bear suit first appeared. I don't see any mention. He's not an new addition, is he?
Apparently it's a Shakespear reference / joke. Ha f**king ha.
User avatar
ruffers
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1923
Joined: 24 Jan 2005, 16:43
Location: At home - but you knew that didn't you?

"Exit pursued by a bear."
2019 - London London Brussels Brussels Stockholm Paris Utrecht
2020 - Leeds & Nottingham, so far anyway. And Frankfurt. And Manchester with huge thanks to Gothicbiff

Not Frankfurt
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7797
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

so: am i right in thinking that after threatening to play it they never did play "a rock and a hard place"? and if they did and i've missed it could someone point me in the right direction please? ta.
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
User avatar
czuczu
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1835
Joined: 24 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: UK

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:so: am i right in thinking that after threatening to play it they never did play "a rock and a hard place"? and if they did and i've missed it could someone point me in the right direction please? ta.
1st night at Roundhouse
@stuczu
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7797
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

czuczu wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:so: am i right in thinking that after threatening to play it they never did play "a rock and a hard place"? and if they did and i've missed it could someone point me in the right direction please? ta.
1st night at Roundhouse
oh ok thanks. i thought that was the night it was on the setlist but not played. my mistake.
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7466
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

2nd night I thought it was Possession was on the setlist but not played; they did Walk Away again instead, and after that Walk Away stayed (seems obvious in hindsight that Possession was the backup option if Walk Away hadn't worked out; woulda been nice to have had both of course).
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

So what about 2018 then? A couple of festivals and no tour?
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14202
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Depprocksfarfar wrote:So what about 2018 then? A couple of festivals and no tour?
There's still time for a Xmas knees-up this year :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7466
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

Depprocksfarfar wrote:So what about 2018 then? A couple of festivals and no tour?
Likely I would expect; they've not had a year without touring since 2013 so a break might be in order.
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
abridged
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1247
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 10:27
Location: Derry

mh wrote:
Depprocksfarfar wrote:So what about 2018 then? A couple of festivals and no tour?
Likely I would expect; they've not had a year without touring since 2013 so a break might be in order.
Maybe late 2018 i.e. Autumn for a few gigs I reckon...(hopefully!)
The Chancer Corporation
User avatar
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 727
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 12:45
Location: The Shire
Contact:

They needs a break to Master that anti-Trump album!

:D
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12593
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Depprocksfarfar wrote:So what about 2018 then? A couple of festivals and no tour?
First, we're gonna have a new Eureka Machines release ... :D ...
User avatar
araknex
Road Kill
Posts: 3
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 17:54
Location: Italy

They probably need a break but I wonder if they will ever get back to Italy for another show :(
User avatar
jost 7
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 896
Joined: 21 Jan 2004, 21:19
Location: the playground

Ghost will be on the road again, lets see how extensive. Also they release a live set, finally including the young men on a likely nice release.
Great music disguised in a religious porn puppet show. Lets hope this ventures are not spoiling the young men.
love is just a shot away
User avatar
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 12:57
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield,England

jost 7 wrote: Great music disguised in a religious porn puppet show.
Enjoy the puppet show?
"I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost




we fall to rise
Locked