(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy: Not a festival person myself, but the one you just posted is notably inexpensive. Is that a Belgian thing?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

UniversalRinging wrote:Izzy HaveMercy: Not a festival person myself, but the one you just posted is notably inexpensive. Is that a Belgian thing?
Nope, it is a less commercial festival, that's all :) Most big festivals here (Graspop Metal Meeting, Werchter, Pukkelpop) are all somewhere around 200 euro for 3-or 4-day event typically.

The only "big'un" I do each year is Graspop, the rest are smaller, cosier festivals like Antwerp Metal Fest, Rodeofest, Dunk!Festival for postrock and drone, and even smaller...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy: Ok, that makes sense. Enjoy!
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Nooooooo
Netflix cancels "Sense8," arguably the most progressive scifi show ever - http://www.salon.com/2017/06/01/netflix ... cancelled/
Never actually seen it, but praising it as "progressive" rather than "good" might suggest something about why it is being cancelled...

:innocent:
It was actually very good. Batshiat crazy in places, but very clever & original (a rarity these days).
I've read it was more likely the costs as they were using about a dozen location globally for scenes, but the biggest p!sser is that season 2 ended really up in the air.
I think if they have to can it, then to make at least a feature length finale that ties it all up would be the better way to go.
Maybe another network will pick it up. I do hope somehow to see it conclude properly though.
And you shall
Pista
Cureboi

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: And you shall
Get in! :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Bartek: Don't know the backstory or the nuances of the situation, but what I've read is f**king alarming.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

UniversalRinging wrote:Bartek: Don't know the backstory or the nuances of the situation, but what I've read is f**king alarming.
Backstory? Backstory was laid out in book written by head of ruling party, someone who's in fact not even member of government. His vision thing, that i read. He called in: imposibillism, which is, according to him, state of imposibility to implement any change of system, caused it's blocked by judiciary. Therefore last year they changed judiciaries of Constiticiolnal Court, and they want to enact laws that will give minister of justice power to ban all judiciaries in the Highest Court and appoint judicaries to that Court. Even more, they want to push the law that will give menitoned minister power to appoint president of courts, another bill that will extend govt. and parliment power in body that is proving canidates for judiciary, that is aproving promotion of judiciaries to higher level court.

Outcome are clear: they want to take control over courts, over judiciary. Why? To have judiciaries that will give results that will be accepted by government/party, to push their laws that will change system, to have control over result of elections (The Highest Court aproves results of election). Other than this, individual - both person and business entity - will have zero chance of winning with State in any cases, especially civil cases, social suport cases. That will be the end of tri-partite division of power.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Bartek wrote:
UniversalRinging wrote:Bartek: Don't know the backstory or the nuances of the situation, but what I've read is f**king alarming.
Backstory? Backstory was laid out in book written by head of ruling party, someone who's in fact not even member of government. His vision thing, that i read. He called in: imposibillism, which is, according to him, state of imposibility to implement any change of system, caused it's blocked by judiciary. Therefore last year they changed judiciaries of Constiticiolnal Court, and they want to enact laws that will give minister of justice power to ban all judiciaries in the Highest Court and appoint judicaries to that Court. Even more, they want to push the law that will give menitoned minister power to appoint president of courts, another bill that will extend govt. and parliment power in body that is proving canidates for judiciary, that is aproving promotion of judiciaries to higher level court.

Outcome are clear: they want to take control over courts, over judiciary. Why? To have judiciaries that will give results that will be accepted by government/party, to push their laws that will change system, to have control over result of elections (The Highest Court aproves results of election). Other than this, individual - both person and business entity - will have zero chance of winning with State in any cases, especially civil cases, social suport cases. That will be the end of tri-partite division of power.
yeah that sucks man. dangerous times indeed. :evil:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Luckly, President, who up to this day was only President of that Goverment/Party stand up and veto 2 out of 3 bills. He shows that he's President of Poland, not President of Law and Justice (party).
EvilBastard
Overbomber

CBPOB...old age. It seems that I am no longer able to eat the crap that I used to when I was a rail-thin black-clad long-haired 19-year old (to whit, king-size Ribenas and onion bhajis from the Kirkstall Lane off-license for breakfast) without it having an impact on my waistline, cholesterol levels, blood pressure, general elf & well-being, and the amount of sh*t that I have to take from my GP. I see him once a year for my insurance-mandated physical, whereupon he shoves his hand up my arse like I'm Sooty, fondles my clockweights like he's buying sprouts down the market, and says, "You're overweight, your cholesterol is too high, and you should see me more often."

I resist the urge to say "Well, doc, maybe if you bought me dinner before fingering my back-passage then I'd consider it." Generally I mumble some bollocks about "You keep me in such good health that there's hardly any need" before cleaning up the KY, getting dressed, and making a bee-line for the nearest pub in order to drown the indignity in Guinness.

However, I've decided to make at least some effort to return to my former sylph-like self, and will be biking to work in future (at least, until the weather turns to sh*t) - 7 miles each way, 3 times a week, it's mostly flat and there's a bike path, so should be pretty easy. Fitted anti-theft skewers and seat-post so while my bike isn't theft-proof it will hopefully be less easy to steal than the others on the rack.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
sultan2075
Overbomber

Biking is great, EB, especially where you are. But this is what worked for me. I dropped about 30+ pounds (in maybe 4 or 5 months) by doing the following:

Lift heavy barbell weights 3 times a week (mostly just bench presses and deadlifts, because I can do them at home and do them quickly - I only need to get up 30 minutes earlier than usual) supplemented with various dumbbell curls while watching TV, etc. I don't have a gym membership (not really the joining type), but I've got a rack from Amazon and a bar + weights from Rogue Fitness, and I'm pretty happy. My approach was 3 sets of 10, three days a week, adding 5 pounds a week. I did eventually screw up my shoulder, though, so be careful.

Eating lean/leanish protein (chicken mostly, and steak when feeling extravagant) and vegetables.

And, perhaps most importantly: making alcohol my only source of carbohydrates. I also discovered a hitherto unknown gluten allergy - when I started focusing on ciders rather than beers I suddenly felt a billion times better.

Coming down Trump-way anytime soon?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
iesus
Overbomber

There are worst things out there EB.
For example i 've never learned how to bike anything with 2 wheels. I need at least 3 wheels to keep standing :lol: :lol:
In fact if accidentally see me coming in a bike you should move outside my track ;D :twisted:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

So, you iesus just roll about?
:lol:

I'm only over 30 (31, in fact) i learned that my tummy can't proces all crapp food that i had eaten when i was teen. My body getting weight almost as i'm eating.

Now, swimming, running (now it's only 6 km ~4 miles, my goal is 10 km/~6,5 miles; now more running than swimming two/three time a week and one day a week swimming), biking (one way from work to home (5 km/3,5 miles), going to repair my bike to ride even more including some 35-40 km (~21- ~24 miles) at least one time a week. But when your family have cardiac history and if you want to keep you brain and psyche in good shape exercising is the only way.
iesus
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:So, you iesus just roll about?
:lol:
I found a solution for myself that fits my fit needs according to my character and idiosyncrasy. When i finish work and return home i don't change the second line of metro just get off the station of Syntagma square in Athens and make a round of Acropolis by walking and listening to my best songs in playlist. i have walked all the possible street of Plaka, Monastiraki and know every little alley, tree, bush, building around Acropolis. :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Ah, you remind me that i have to come back to Athens. Name of places in Athens brings back vivid memory.
And yeah, fits whatever suits your mindy and body, i know that well.
iesus
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:Ah, you remind me that i have to come back to Athens. Name of places in Athens brings back vivid memory.
And yeah, fits whatever suits your mindy and body, i know that well.
If you 'll be around my area, drop an inbox message to contact and have a walk around the place and a couple of beers after :wink:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Thanks Dude, i made there few friends. :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Got a proper forking shirty cold that won't shake off.
:urff:

...bleh....
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

oh.. is that why you have a fuzzy head?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:oh.. is that why you have a fuzzy head?
Aye. It's all bunged up....bleh....
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

This thing where we now name storms here in the UK. There's just something about it that annoys me! :lol:
The Americans do it with Hurricanes and so now we're at it with every breath of wind that comes our way.
Currently storm 'Brian' is approaching - i just can't take this seriously! :lol: :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:This thing where we now name storms here in the UK. There's just something about it that annoys me! :lol:
The Americans do it with Hurricanes and so now we're at it with every breath of wind that comes our way.
Currently storm 'Brian' is approaching - i just can't take this seriously! :lol: :lol:
He's a wobber!
...& a wapist!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:This thing where we now name storms here in the UK. There's just something about it that annoys me! :lol:
He's a wobber!
...& a wapist!
:lol: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

The display on my thermostat needs changing as it seems to be displaying everything in Bothan or Klingon or something.
Honeywell say they'll change it for free if I send it to them but it's just started getting really cold here :?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity