Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
September 27th: Paradiso, Grote Zaal, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: September 27th: Paradiso, Grote Zaal, Amsterdam, Netherlands Reply with quote Back to top

The Sisters play the Paradiso again ... Smile ...

http://www.podiuminfo.nl/concert/207638/The_Sisters_of_Mercy/Paradiso/

Well, at least it looks like ... maybe, I can manage this time...

Setlist:
More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep/ Detonation Boulevard
Crash & Burn
No Time To Cry
Walk Away
Body & Soul
Marian
Alice
Arms
Lucretia, My Reflection
Summer
First & Last & Always
Rumble
Flood II
Something Fast

Encore:
Something Fast (with Lisa Cuthbert)
That’s When I Reach For My Revolver (with Lisa Cuthbert)
Dominion/ Mother Russia (with Lisa Cuthbert)
Temple Of Love (with Lisa Cuthbert)
This Corrosion (with Lisa Cuthbert)
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not confirmed on Paradiso's website, not mentioned through ticketmaster.

Meanwhile.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaand confirmed.

https://www.paradiso.nl/web/Agenda-Item/The-Sisters-Of-Mercy.htm
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #4  Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:
Aaaand confirmed.

Indeed, but for Wednesday, 27 March instead of Friday 29th !!! ... Smile ...

* Mods, please ... Very Happy ...
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #5  Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:
Aaaand confirmed.

Indeed, but for Wednesday, 27 March instead of Friday 29th !!! ... Smile ...

* Mods, please ... Very Happy ...

Changed Smile
TheCureCommunity
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lucky girls. Ryanair's cheaper on wednesday.
DasPerltAber
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might be going...
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #8  Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am in Smile
Please to meet you Smile

Home Town Gig Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
My Dominion

PostPost #9  Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DasPerltAber wrote:
Might be going...

See you there Paul !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
situationalism
Road Kill

PostPost #10  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll preface this by saying I already had a trip to Europe in the works (I'm a U.S. resident) but I managed to fit this date into the schedule. This will be my first time seeing them and likely only, since there hasn't been a state-side appearance since 2009 and I've stopped holding my breath.

Question is: Cancellations... they seem pretty few and far between but I'll leave it to the seasoned veterans here to add any insight.
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

situationalism wrote:
I'll preface this by saying I already had a trip to Europe in the works (I'm a U.S. resident) but I managed to fit this date into the schedule. This will be my first time seeing them and likely only, since there hasn't been a state-side appearance since 2009 and I've stopped holding my breath.

Question is: Cancellations... they seem pretty few and far between but I'll leave it to the seasoned veterans here to add any insight.

You want stats?
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not going now - have a ticket and Paradiso membership - pdf so can transfer easily.

PM me if interested!

Marge xxx
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #13  Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Due to various circumstances giving it up. One ticket for sale (together with Paradiso membership for 30 EUR). It is e-ticket, so that fast transfer...
PM if interested....
leanfang
Road Kill

PostPost #14  Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: 2 x Amsterdam tickets available Reply with quote Back to top

I also am gutted we can no longer go to Amsterdam next week so have 2 tickets available - see my post in the “Tickets to exchange” sticky post or PM me.

Ta

Fraser
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Roll up roll up (if you know what I mean It wasn't me... )
Have a jolly good time in Hamsterjam tonight everyone.
TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aye have a great time you jammy gits! The Sisters and Amsterdam are an exquisite combination Very Happy
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still having one spare ticket for today (plus membership for 20 EUR now - discount price Laughing ). It's e-ticket, so that instant transfer...

Anyway, all the rest participants, enjoy and hope to see you next tour!

Petr
jost 7

PostPost #18  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was an exciting tour. Enjoy the European finals tonight!
Have been there 10 days too early.
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

godgirl wrote:
Not going now - have a ticket and Paradiso membership - pdf so can transfer easily.

PM me if interested!

Marge xxx

Bert Mayenburg has my pdf ticket with him, hopefully.
It's free to a good home or in return for a small charity donation - ask him for details.

Enjoy!

Marge xxx
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of pleasure and joy for this last gig of the tour ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ... plenty wonderful concerts ...
with some surprises, lots of great guitar works enhancing old originals by so far unknown varieties ...
(mostly) improving vocals and a band decided to rock the stage hand in hand ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...
Chaotican
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The final show for me.

I’d heard of Paradiso for years, of course, as a far-away and legendary place that I never thought I’d have the chance to patronize myself. I’ve been looking forward to seeing it for months. I’ve also promised myself that I’d view at least one show from the balcony, just to gain a new perspective. As this was the last show and I hadn’t made good on that promise, tonight was the night.

The line was weird because half the people had to buy a membership and it slowed many down. I got a membership and made my way to the balcony where there were rows of foldable chairs. That should have been a red flag. I took a seat in the front row, to the Chris-side, and settled in. I dropped my purse to the floor below nearly instantly (clue #2 this wasn’t my place) but a kind person guarded it for me and I got it back. The stage was small, with room for only five mirrors which were already exposed. The angle was different from above, reflecting more of the floor of the stage. The other main difference was the sound. It’s really good from the balcony and the Membranes sounded fantastic. Nice “thank you”s to the Sisters and to the crazy fans, which was sweet. After the set, even the sounds of hundreds of voices was nice, like a rolling chorus. Also, you can see more. Stage set up was visable and I watched the band emerge from some underground lair and it was an interesting view.

And that’s all the positive I can say about the balcony. Other than that, it sucks and I hate it. The crowd was so into the show below, I decided to take my chances navigating the packed floor and I left the balcony.

It was like going from a black-and-white world to full color, entering the floor. There were people on each other’s shoulders, tons of dancing, a bit of a mosh pit (eventually), and lots of singing along.

The performance was great tonight. Out of all the shows, Warsaw gets my vote for “best”, but this was up there as well. The song orders changed a bit. As had been speculated, Lisa Cuthbert joined for the encores. I was excited to see her since I’d skipped Sweden. She sounds great and adds a nice dimension to the songs. There is something off about the chemistry, however. It makes me appreciate how well the rest of the band gels when I see someone who doesn’t. She started out in the smoke and I was startled to see a hand where none had been earlier, with little else visible. The ghostly start was interesting.

Lucretia was a lot of fun, with the crowd being very enthusiastic from the get go. “This is the quiet part”. FALAA was fantastic. Temple had an extra boost from Lisa and was exceptional in its own right. I’m still loving Dominion/Mother Russia. It was over too fast with a bow and an exit and that’s that!

It was a brilliant tour and I got what I came for. Again, as always.
Joy

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TOL with Lisa

https://youtu.be/1XsIoiz3cv8
Joy

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Credit: Gregory Adamatitis

Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #24  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, cool ... Mr. Green ... thanks for the setlist, K. (and Gregory, of course) .... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...

Here's Revolver ... really a good version ... Mr. Green ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04X0-G4jj9o
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #25  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again, sounds class.

Lisa should be a full touring member.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2017 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: