September 21st: Wien Gasometer, Austria

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
waters
Road Kill

https://www.facebook.com/events/996909130439060/

Setlist: Thanks to Back In Time :notworthy:
More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Crash & Burn
No Time To Cry
Walk Away
Body & Soul
Marian
Alice
Arms
Dominion / Mother Russia
Summer
First & Last & Always
Rumble
Flood II
Something Fast

Encore:
That's When I Reach For My Revolver
Lucretia, My Reflection
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Pista
Cureboi

*bump*

Have a smashing time tonight everyone :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Yeah, that crazy Gasometer building and its even more crazy surroundings ... *sigh ... I wish I could be there. But no. Sports now first and then duties ... :lol: ...

Anyway, lots of joy and pleasure to everybody over in Vienna !!! ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ready for another one.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Enjoy in my good old vienna! Have a spritzer for me, too.
Close to the venue is st. Marx hall where the cure played last year, it recently burned down.
love is just a shot away
Tom Riddler
Banned

oooooooooooh Viennaaaaa.... have a great time out there :-)
Einstein: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I should preface this by saying that I decided to view the …enhanced light show one more time before I have to get on an airplane tomorrow. So this could be long. And weird.

Vienna. (If you’re now compelled to replay some Ultravox in your head, you are in good company.) The Gasometer is a really interesting building, particularly from afar. It is round and stone and there is an angled modern tower adjacent to it that makes for a striking view. But then you get close and the venue opening is really like a large movie theatre entrance and its all a bit bland. Still, it is large and well-planned inside and it is festive. The stage barrier was set far back and the stage was high. The crowd was pretty enthusiastic but still reserved. To make up for missing Pista last night, I got to see his buddy and IM a picture, at least! We talked a bit about his favorite song, No Time to Cry.

The last number from The Membranes was magnificent and lit the place up.

I decided to move back a little bit. I could watch the crowd and that was mostly a good thing. No Time to Cry delivered all my new friend could hope for and Body and Soul was exceptional tonight.

The light show was indeed extra interesting, but I’m prone to getting too deep into my own thoughts in such a state. I was feeling burnt out on the novelty of new cities and…earth in general, experiencing an odd combination of home-sickness and dread, and feeling pessimistic about the future. Music is one of the few things that can break through a dissociative discontentment, but it can be elusive. I recall spending half of the Psychedelic Furs show in July remembering a man I used to work with named Richard Butler and how he was like a character in a Dilbert cartoon and wondering if he could pull off a stage performance. So music doesn’t always penetrate.

I was very much enjoying watching the crowd feed, but I was feeling a bit detached myself. And then Dominion/Mother Russia and I was remembering playing that (on the stereo I mean) at an anti trump demonstration and then it was like an echo of 30 years of listening and I was out of the funk. Into another perspective entirely, with seemingly a different set of memories and intentions. And my rib didn’t hurt. I was in the song and all the energy it evokes and out of my thoughts. That’s a lot to get out of a concert, I know.

Also, those lights at the bottom of the stage, the strings of bulbs. They were really cool during ToL. They’d flash and create an illusion that made me think of shifting/breaking rocks.

Right before rumble “careful what you wish for.� And Chris was ecstatically good during Rumble and I liked the end of Flood again. Ben was on the other side of the stage but fantastic from what and when I could see. Something Fast hit an effective note and Revolver was great. The crowd lit up to Corrosion which was excellent.

Another objectively excellent and subjectively even more excellent gig.
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Chaotican wrote:
No Time to Cry delivered all my new friend could hope for and Body and Soul was exceptional tonight.
Good someone else agrees, thought I was again in my "complete lack of objectivity when Sisters in question" mood. Yes, the gig was much better than 2016. one and we got quite a lot of AE voice efforts. It does not come easy anymore, but we got more than I expected. Ben and Chris were exquisite as usual.
Nice to meet you Sarah, have fun through rest of the tour.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
Pista
Cureboi

Great to wake up & have a review to read with my coffee :D
& of course this via whatsapp from Back In Time

:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you for the setlist and even more for the reviews ... ;D ...

Here's a video of Ribbons on the Gasometer FB page ...

https://www.facebook.com/Planet.TT.Bank ... 879680590/