Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
September 8th: Trädgår'n Gothenburg, Sweden
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #1  Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: September 8th: Trädgår'n Gothenburg, Sweden Reply with quote Back to top

Venue website

Setlist: Thanks to conraculix, jenzi benzi & scardwell We are not worthy!
More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep/ Detonation Boulevard
Crash & Burn
Walk Away
No Time To Cry
Body And Soul
Marian
Arms
Dominion/ Mother Russia
Summer
Alice
First & Last & Always
Rumble
Flood II

Encore:
Something Fast
That’s When I Reach For My Revolver
Temple Of Love
Lucretia, My Reflection
Vision Thing
This Corrosion
TheCureCommunity

Last edited by Pista on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On sale friday 17-03-31!

https://www.biljettforum.se/sv/event/sisters-mercy/biljetter
po
Road Kill

PostPost #3  Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No norwegian gig this time (no surprise, really), so I think I'll try to make it to this one in addition to the London dates. All other gigs in easy to reach cities seem to be on weekdays...

How is the venue? Do you expect it to sell out quick?
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trädgår'n is a really nice venue, they did a splendid gig there in 2006.
euphoria

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
Trädgår'n is a really nice venue, they did a splendid gig there in 2006.

Agree, this is the one to catch of the Swedish gigs, unfortunately mostly because of the other two venues lacking...

Capacity I think was 1800-something last time?

A good thing for people coming from far away: The airport bus is all you need in Gothenburg, as it, unlike in Malmö or Stockholm, takes you within walking distance of the venue, the city center is very compact and also there is about an hour free city transport included with the airport bus ticket nowadays.
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #6  Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would feel weird not to go this time. Got a ticket.
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know who to contact beforehand regarding filming the gig? Trägårn' are usually very picky about this so a confirmation from tSoM would be great if possible to get. Since the band doesn't ever seem to mind.
euphoria

PostPost #8  Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
Does anyone know who to contact beforehand regarding filming the gig? Trägårn' are usually very picky about this so a confirmation from tSoM would be great if possible to get. Since the band doesn't ever seem to mind.

Even if they (he) care(s) much less about live recordings nowadays, I just cannot imagine that you or anyone else would get a confirmation that it is ok to film the gig. Chris is the easiest one to get in contact of those who have any decision power, but I would expect a rather cold answer even from him as well when it comes to filming. He'd probably tell you to enjoy the gig instead of filming it, if I know him right.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #9  Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

Even if they (he) care(s) much less about live recordings nowadays, I just cannot imagine that you or anyone else would get a confirmation that it is ok to film the gig. Chris is the easiest one to get in contact of those who have any decision power, but I would expect a rather cold answer even from him as well when it comes to filming. He'd probably tell you to enjoy the gig instead of filming it, if I know him right.

I have the same thoughts. The band does mind. From memory they actually have a couple of heavies at the side of the stage actively searching for tapers & filmers (& I don't mean the phone jockeys). If you're going to film or tape, then stealth is a must.
TheCureCommunity
Chaotican
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to remember reading somewhere about the boat nearby. I reserved a room there, but now I can't find the thread. I also can't recall whether it went something like, "I stayed on a boat and it was fabulous" or "Whatever you do, don't book a room on that damn boat again."

Anyone?
d0gbones
Road Kill

PostPost #11  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on the boat too, because boat. Everything else looked a bit sensible and I like being near water.
euphoria

PostPost #12  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:

The airport bus is all you need in Gothenburg, as it, unlike in Malmö or Stockholm, takes you within walking distance of the venue,

Sorry, have to correct myself here: since last time the Sisters played KB/Malmö in 2006, a new railway station "Triangeln",

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangeln_railway_station

has opened quite close to KB, with very frequent direct trains to Copenhagen airport.
Chaotican
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #13  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

d0gbones wrote:
I'm on the boat too, because boat. Everything else looked a bit sensible and I like being near water.

Also, it is close to the venue. What I learned after touring last year (aside from "this is a tough life, but worth it") is that it is better to stay near the venue than near transportation. That way, it is easy to get to your bed no matter where you wander after the gig. You'll have time to find a train in the morning. Smile
d0gbones
Road Kill

PostPost #14  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always go for close to the venue because it means you can get a nap in before the gig. Very important.
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #15  Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Pista and Euphoria! Guess I wont film this gig. I usually record every gig I go to in the Gothenburg area but I guess this one won't be "saved".

(For anyone interested: http://neverunderstandgbg.blogspot.com )
SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very tempting. I've got family in Sweden Razz
euphoria

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ticket sales status for this one has now changed from "high demand" to "few tickets left" Exclamation

http://kulturbolaget.se/konserter/
po
Road Kill

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a ticket for this one, hope I can make it.
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sold out!

Ticket site still says "A few left" but tickets can't be bought anymore.

Very high demand i Sweden, they really should be thinking about extra dates! Obviously not possible to squeeze in between dates at the moment, but maybe its possible to extend the tour? It wasn't me...
EmmaPeelWannaBe

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And nip over to California while they are at it
Grison
Road Kill

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depprocksfarfar wrote:
Sold out!

Ticket site still says "A few left" but tickets can't be bought anymore.

Very high demand i Sweden, they really should be thinking about extra dates! Obviously not possible to squeeze in between dates at the moment, but maybe its possible to extend the tour? It wasn't me...

Or maybe a larger venue...
Drsisters

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2006 they sold out in Gothenburg --->no bigger venue
2011 they sold out in Gothenburg---->no bigger venue

why should they care now ?
euphoria

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But are there any alternatives in Göteborg/Malmö even if they wanted to, except ice hockey arenas?

If it's any comfort, I believe the promoter is planning to open up the full size arena in Stockholm this time, capacity 3500. Last time they only had it mid-sized (2200).

The promoter had not anticipated such high demand - the Sisters sell just as fast now in Sweden as they did 2006, which really is astonishing.
Grison
Road Kill

PostPost #24  Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
2006 they sold out in Gothenburg --->no bigger venue
2011 they sold out in Gothenburg---->no bigger venue

why should they care now ?

Just a thought...
Grison
Road Kill

PostPost #25  Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
But are there any alternatives in Göteborg/Malmö even if they wanted to, except ice hockey arenas?

If it's any comfort, I believe the promoter is planning to open up the full size arena in Stockholm this time, capacity 3500. Last time they only had it mid-sized (2200).

The promoter had not anticipated such high demand - the Sisters sell just as fast now in Sweden as they did 2006, which really is astonishing.

Lisebergshallen could be an alternative (if available).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2017 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: