Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:thank you Charlie 8) we saved him from the shed he was born in, totally wild @ 10 weeks with no human contact before us which was quite sad. first evening he didn't eat or drink, i removed 2 ticks from him as soon as i could catch him and even slept downstairs so he could get used to me. second day fed via straw with cat's milk & even ate. now sleeps on us and all going very well.

Steve ~ thank you honey! *Dusky* looks better now :wink: :lol:
That's awesome! Sounds like he's settled in well :D Our cat is a rescue cat, but he was about 2 when we got him, so never got to see him as a little kitty!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Aww, what a lovely kitten, @MadameButterfly

Apart from working the day job, today I have mostly been trying to work out how to sell more pre-orders of my book.

What? I didn't mention I had a new book of artwork available to pre-order?

Well I don't really like to talk about it.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Charlie wrote:That's awesome! Sounds like he's settled in well :D Our cat is a rescue cat, but he was about 2 when we got him, so never got to see him as a little kitty!
awww...it doesn't matter how old they are really, still creep into your heart, the way it should be!

thanks laz! could eat him up! well you know what i mean :wink:
good luck with the sales of your book. it does look stunning. :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Lancer_MiG
Road Kill

That kitten looks cute as hell! And yeah, cats picked up from the street/farm/whatever are a handful at first... My wife and I found our cat near garbage containers on the street, I petted her for 2 seconds and she began following me, even CROSSING a couple roads to stay with me! So I grabbed her, bought a liter of milk, gave her some in an empty candy box I had on hand, and brought her home! She was something like 8 weeks old and alone, so I couldn't leave her like that!

Now she's gotten lazy and fat, but that's for the best ; the couch and wallpapers look better when they're not being viciously attacked every couple minutes :lol: and, something I didn't expect from a hobo kitten, she grew up to look like a Maine Coon, with all of the physical traits of the breed... except that she's now 3 years old and weighs 7 pounds AFTER gaining weight. That weight in kilograms would be low for a true Maine coon, but I'm glad that she eats like a 7lb cat and not like a 20lb one!

To come back to the main topic, today, I mostly gathered and read articles like these https://tranio.com/articles/the-top-10- ... ty-buyers/ to do a survey of the Russian investments abroad for my job... nothing too fascinating!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

that kitten is cute as hell, he really is like no cat we have had ever and we've had four, not all at the same time, but what a gorgeous character. he is now at the stage where he does ninja attacks at my legs when i walk past. he gets on his up on his hind paws and throws his front paws high in a jumping motion :lol: :lol: gets all impressed with himself for doing it too.

stories like the one you told i love. so welcome to HL Lancer_MiG hope you enjoy and also carry on with posts like that one!

8)

mostly today i've been blowing my nose & coughing. how much mucus can the human body hold before it fucks off?!?
that ongoing eternity
Big Si
School Bully

Fiendy knows about this from 3 weeks ago, but I thought i'd provide a long overdue update and let you all know too :wink:

Back in March I went for a Dinnertime walk in the local Park near my work, during the working week and had stopped to admire the River Kelvin. 2 Adult Great Tits appeared in the Tree Branches right in front of me, then flew down and sat on the Railings. I thought 'Wow, they're very friendly and they don't seem to be wary of me at all (unlike other Birds towards Humans). I wonder what they'll do if I raise my hand to them as if I've got some Food' - they both tried to land on my Hand :eek: So I went back the very next Day with some Sunflower Seeds (and since then Dried Mealworms soaked in water) for them and have now been visiting them Twice a Weekday for an Hour or so each time. I've nicknamed them both 'Hansel and Gretyl'.

About 3 Weeks ago (Tuesday 19th June) their Brood of 5 Baby Chicks Fledged the Nesting Box.

This link is from last Friday 6th July. All 5 Fledglings and their Dad (Hansel) were waiting for me after I'd finished work :D :D :D

And this link is from Monday Dinnertime, when all the Fledglings turned up to see me :D

Life can certainly be wonderful and so unexpected at times :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

Big Si wrote:Fiendy knows about this from 3 weeks ago, but I thought i'd provide a long overdue update and let you all know too :wink:

Back in March I went for a Dinnertime walk in the local Park near my work, during the working week and had stopped to admire the River Kelvin. 2 Adult Great Tits appeared in the Tree Branches right in front of me, then flew down and sat on the Railings. I thought 'Wow, they're very friendly and they don't seem to be wary of me at all (unlike other Birds towards Humans). I wonder what they'll do if I raise my hand to them as if I've got some Food' - they both tried to land on my Hand :eek: So I went back the very next Day with some Sunflower Seeds (and since then Dried Mealworms soaked in water) for them and have now been visiting them Twice a Weekday for an Hour or so each time. I've nicknamed them both 'Hansel and Gretyl'.

About 3 Weeks ago (Tuesday 19th June) their Brood of 5 Baby Chicks Fledged the Nesting Box.

This link is from last Friday 6th July. All 5 Fledglings and their Dad (Hansel) were waiting for me after I'd finished work :D :D :D

And this link is from Monday Dinnertime, when all the Fledglings turned up to see me :D

That is flipping brilliant! :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:Fiendy knows about this from 3 weeks ago, but I thought i'd provide a long overdue update and let you all know too :wink:

This is so lovely! Awesome! :notworthy: :notworthy:
You'll have to keep going all the time now - they'll be expecting you! :lol: :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:

This is so lovely! Awesome! :notworthy: :notworthy:
You'll have to keep going all the time now - they'll be expecting you! :lol: :lol:
Absolutely seconded ... soo sweet ... :D :D :D ... they fully trust in you now ... like real friends ... and you have also already intuitively learned their language as one can hear ... :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Being645 wrote:...and you have also already intuitively learned their language as one can hear ... :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...
Nah, that's more commonly known as the "Weegie wheeze" ;D

Apart from that, stunning vids Simon! Made me smile big time! :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Big Si
School Bully

Thank you all for the lovely replies. :oops:

I first started whistling when searching the Park for H&G for the 1st 4 Months, as they moved around a lot looking for Fresh Green Caterpillars to Feed on and were rarely in the same spot each day. The Fledglings though have stayed in the same spot this whole week and they always reply :D

I've got many more videos between 30 secs up to 2 minutes of Hansel and Gretyl's 1st 2 weeks out of the Nesting Box where they're both working incredibly hard at collecting 2-3 Worms at a time from me, flying over to the very noisy and hungry Fledglings hidden in the background foliage and then straight back to me, many, many times until they all quietened down and managed to get a Feed for themselves and a 10 minute roost/snooze and preen of their Feathers.

It was towards the end of last week that the Fledglings emerged from the foliage and noticed my presence more and chased after their Parents less, and have been responding to my whistles. I used to have to hunt for H&G in an area of the Park and they always spied me first and flew straight over. But now I hear a Baby ones Cheep and a whistle back from me results in a cacophony of cheeping in response and then a flock of winged fluffballs appears :lol:

This week i've noticed that the Fledglings are much more independant and H&G take a while to appear and then are Feeding themselves unless a Fledgling snatches a worm from their beaks or straight from their little claws.

I've nicknamed the youngest one 'Pootle' (from The Flumps) as he's so so tiny and unbelievably cute. He was also the 1st Fledgling to fly to me for Food and will sit on my finger the longest making all the others wait ever longer for their turn to Feed.

Here's a video from Wednesday Dinnertime 11th July and then 'Pootle' after work

Dinnertime today :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

harvested my first jalapenos of the year & Polly is now guarding them
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:harvested my first jalapenos of the year & Polly is now guarding them
As long as she doesn't try to eat them! :eek:

:lol:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

oh Big Si my heart melts! that is just so amazing. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Pista ~ Polly is gorgeous! what have you made with those jalapenos?

i made the mistake the other evening, cooking chicken for the man, thinking i had used paprika powder to season. turned out i had used chili powder instead. yes i was in the dog's box after that.
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote:
She has her moments. :D
I popped them in the freezer with the other 50 I still have from last year.
But I make quite a bit of chilli con carne & am partial to jalapeño poppers too. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
But I make quite a bit of chilli con carne & am partial to jalapeño poppers too. :)
has her moments :lol: still really cute.
ooo...chilli con carne ~ yummy! where did you learn how to cook?!
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote:
Pista wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
has her moments :lol: still really cute.
ooo...chilli con carne ~ yummy! where did you learn how to cook?!
I've always loved cooking. Washing up, not so much, but yep, cooking's a passion of mine. I adore Asian food but it's hard to get the ingredients here, so I grow my own Thai basil & chillies & fresh coriander & so on.
Beats opening a packet or a can of something.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote: I've always loved cooking. Washing up, not so much, but yep, cooking's a passion of mine. I adore Asian food but it's hard to get the ingredients here, so I grow my own Thai basil & chillies & fresh coriander & so on.
Beats opening a packet or a can of something.
:notworthy: :notworthy: i thought as much. it is so much better growing your own stuff, i love doing it. and yes you are right, the flavours you can taste when herbs and spices are fresh. i wish i could make my own cheese.
that ongoing eternity
Big Si
School Bully

As i'd started to mention last week, big changes in the Great Tit Family have finally happened. They no longer appear to be together as a Family Unit, as I only found Hansel and Gretyl (twice) at Dinnertime today for a quick Feed and 1 solo Fledgling farther on from their usual vicinity of the Nesting Box. The fledgling made lots of Baby Cheeps when it saw me and came down from the Tree for a quick Feed before wandering off to forage on its own :?

Afterwork was much better as I found tiny 'Pootle' down by the lower middle path, past the wood towards the Riverpath and he appeared very content to be on his own and kept foraging (just as he'd started to do on his own last week) up in the branches and then down under the bushes despite my offer of plentiful food for him/her.

I then went up towards the Top Road to look for the little Fledgling from Dinnertime and found both him/her, another sibling and their Parents H&G all together in a tall bushy conifer tree and fed all 4 of them. H&G disappeared yet again after a few minutes but I had much longer to spend with the 2 Fledglings, 1 of whom decided to do a Woodpecker Impression on my Index Finger - OUCH! :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:As i'd started to mention last week, big changes in the Great Tit Family have finally happened. They no longer appear to be together as a Family Unit, as I only found Hansel and Gretyl (twice) at Dinnertime today for a quick Feed and 1 solo Fledgling farther on from their usual vicinity of the Nesting Box. The fledgling made lots of Baby Cheeps when it saw me and came down from the Tree for a quick Feed before wandering off to forage on its own :?

Afterwork was much better as I found tiny 'Pootle' down by the lower middle path, past the wood towards the Riverpath and he appeared very content to be on his own and kept foraging (just as he'd started to do on his own last week) up in the branches and then down under the bushes despite my offer of plentiful food for him/her.

I then went up towards the Top Road to look for the little Fledgling from Dinnertime and found both him/her, another sibling and their Parents H&G all together in a tall bushy conifer tree and fed all 4 of them. H&G disappeared yet again after a few minutes but I had much longer to spend with the 2 Fledglings, 1 of whom decided to do a Woodpecker Impression on my Index Finger - OUCH! :lol:
So nice that you have them to brighten up each day!
Tiny 'Pootle' is a star! :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

Charlie wrote:So nice that you have them to brighten up each day!
Tiny 'Pootle' is a star! :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
He/She is indeed, as after a good Feed this evening he/she sat on one leg whilst still sat on my finger. That's usually an indicator of wanting to Roost or Sleep for a good few minutes, which means Pootle feels very safe and secure so trusts me very highly indeed :D After retiring into the dark interior of the Tall Conifer, Pootle fluffed up and put his/her in it's back wings and had a 10 minute sleep, all the time watched over by his Mum (Gretyl who'd turned up and sat on an exterior branch above him) and Me :D

It looks like that could be a good spot as I got this video of 2 of Pootle's siblings at Dinnertime 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

And at Dinnertime Today I caught Pootle sunbathing :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:And at Dinnertime Today I caught Pootle sunbathing :D

:D
Birds are hilarious when they sunbathe, i've seen blackbirds sunbathing in our garden and they look so weird :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

...cleaning up my Killing Joke recording from last night
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Looking at washing machines.
Mine's about to die. Sounds like it has a cricket ball in the drum when it spins
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity