Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 18:04
Planet Dave wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 17:48 TIHBM..... getting stang off of a wassp.
Oh wah, that's painful !!! ... :urff: ... hope you're not allergic and didn't have to rush to the hospital and spend a few hours there ...
Hospital? Fk those places, I rubbed some vinegar on it :lol: it throbs like a mofo but no anaphylaxis so just another day at the nun factory, with newly installed wassps's nest outside the (now closed) kitchen window. In 30 degree heat. Rather me than one of the old dears I look after, that's for sure.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
SoundSquare
Road Kill

...making music :-)

Pista
Cureboi

Hello @SoundSquare & welcome to :hl:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
SoundSquare
Road Kill

Pista wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 16:58 Hello @SoundSquare & welcome to :hl:
thank you !
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Wrelcome to Heartland. :hl: :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Changing my address card & updating the chip in my ID card.
Not so easy when the Kormányablak's software is clunky as hell and nobody knows how to use it.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ruffers
Overbomber

Looking round Leeds, my new home since moving from London yesterday.

Big move at my age and I loved living in London but nothing ventured etc...
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
iesus
Overbomber

Today (Friday) i had been spent my time on 2 job interviews. Fingers crossing one of these two be complete by next days :D
Feeling optimistic after some time looking for 8)
:hl: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ruffers wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 20:34 Looking round Leeds, my new home since moving from London yesterday.

Are you going to see The Last Cry at Carpe Noctum (The Lending Rooms)
tomorrow night?
eastmidswhizzkid

putting my new PC speakers through their paces.for £15 i am really pleased with them.the big sub-wooofer is the key. nice LED's too!

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 20:34 Looking round Leeds, my new home since moving from London yesterday.

You live in Leeds? May I recommend all of the following... Head Of Steam Headingley, Howl Bar, Santiago's bar, Northern Guitar Centre bar, and of course the Drydock. And of course the Brudenell Social Club 8) all worth a visit or 12 :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

trying to suss what the fuck my PC is playing at. Suddenly i cant log in to it when i boot it up. it accepts the password , goes through the motions of logging on and then presents me with a new log-in screen. i am currently using the install media just to acceess the internet. i COULD reinstall the OS (again) but ive got 500GB of stuff on here i dont want to lose and cant be arsed to move it all.

EDIT: fixed the bitch! 8)

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 02:52 trying to suss what the fuck my PC is playing at. Suddenly i cant log in to it when i boot it up. it accepts the password , goes through the motions of logging on and then presents me with a new log-in screen. i am currently using the install media just to acceess the internet. i COULD reinstall the OS (again) but ive got 500GB of stuff on here i dont want to lose and cant be arsed to move it all.

:lol: excellent news :notworthy: my laptop will more or less officially die when windows 8 gets ditched in January, it;d already a slow steaming pile though so won't really be missed.
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 10:14
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 02:52 trying to suss what the fuck my PC is playing at. Suddenly i cant log in to it when i boot it up. it accepts the password , goes through the motions of logging on and then presents me with a new log-in screen. i am currently using the install media just to acceess the internet. i COULD reinstall the OS (again) but ive got 500GB of stuff on here i dont want to lose and cant be arsed to move it all.

:lol: excellent news :notworthy: my laptop will more or less officially die when windows 8 gets ditched in January, it;d already a slow steaming pile though so won't really be missed.
before i fixed it i had a look at recons on ebay & you can get some really good deals. eg 32GB RAM , i7 processor, 1TB storage & 500GB SSD for under £300 with win11

sultan2075
Overbomber

Grading final exams for an accelerated course. It's depressing how many college students can't even be bothered to put in the minimal amount of effort to write an exam. I've got at least three kids who I have to fail because they just did about 50% of what the exam required.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

...walking through another colon check, which was as terrible as such stuff usually is ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...

The only upside were those around me kind enough, despite the daily stresses they're going through ... :) ... many, many thanks!
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 23:09 ...walking through another colon check, which was as terrible as such stuff usually is ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...

The only upside were those around me kind enough, despite the daily stresses they're going through ... :) ... many, many thanks!
ive had to have them myself so i know that the procedure is grim but the relief & peace of mind when you get an all clear will be worth it. :kiss:

f33apilot
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 23:09 ...walking through another colon check, which was as terrible as such stuff usually is ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...

Hope it went well for you. I'm happy to hear that they were kind. I had 2 in one year and our clinic is like an assembly line.
f33apilot
Road Kill

Laundry and knitting before my last work trip of the year.
Pista
Cureboi

f33apilot wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 14:58 Laundry and knitting before my last work trip of the year.
Hello & welcome to :hl: :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Test for Covid-Influenzas turned positive on Covid today :(
I am sick since Friday. Friday's test was negative and had some hopes to pass this clear, but it turned out that it was covid :cry:
Feeling sick but not on fever at the moment, nights are feverish though a couple of days now :bat:
Wish me luck, hope we will keep in touch. If i will stop posting you know, what... :urff: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 14:20 Test for Covid-Influenzas turned positive on Covid today :(
Get well soon.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 14:20 Test for Covid-Influenzas turned positive on Covid today :(
I am sick since Friday. Friday's test was negative and had some hopes to pass this clear, but it turned out that it was covid :cry:
Feeling sick but not on fever at the moment, nights are feverish though a couple of days now :bat:
Wish me luck, hope we will keep in touch. If i will stop posting you know, what... :urff: :bat:
Loads of good wishes and energies to you, dear iesus ... :kiss: ...
3-4 days of nightly fever is the standard for the current covid-variety. After that you might feel very weak for another 3-4 days ... and then, after about 8 days in total, your test should turn negative again.
Don't panic ... :wink: ... though, in case you should feel ever worse, please don't hesitate to call an ambulance and see yourself to a hospital ! ... We wouldn't want to miss you here ... :bat: :hl: :wake: :wink: :bat: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

@iesus get well soon bro

iesus
Overbomber

Thank you all for the <3 <3 :kiss:
Friday-Saturday night were feverish above 38, lastnight was little above 37.4. Day fever seems that stopped, but the nose started to Flood since yesterday. In the pharmacy they told me it is quite mild to easy on my case. :? Hope to be around you for a long time until we hear all the unheard songs and comment on them! :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat:
Last edited by iesus on 19 Dec 2022, 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
'Are we the Baddies?'...