Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Very sad news Debs :(
Polly died the same way last year & she was about the same age.
I spent a week blaming myself for making her so scared when I took her in to the vet. She could hardly breathe & was visibly terrified. Not only did I have to deal with the loss of Polly, I blamed myself & spent days asking myself "What if I hadn't taken her in? Would she have stayed calm & not had heart failure suddenly?"
It wasn't until I got the vet's report that I learnt she had a hereditary, incurable heart condition & that if I had ignored it she would have eventually been in unbearable agony.
Simba was lucky to have had so much love from you. Big hugs your way x
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh hell Debs,
that's sad news and presented you with another row of unexpected terrifing hours... Fortunately, you all were there and Simba didn't suffer through it all alone as it must have come as a suprise for him as well. Usually cats go into hiding when they feel they won't make it further. Also, as you knew about his heart complication, you surely made his life with you a lovely and joyful time with lots of good memories ... not much comfort for the moment but these will forever remain as well... :wink: .

Many, many hugs from here and good energies for you all to relax during your holiday, recover from all the stress of the past weeks and make a fresh new start when spirits return ... :kiss: :hl: ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@Pista
@Being645

thank you both for your comforting words. :notworthy:
you are both amazing souls :kiss:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

MadameButterfly wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 22:14 ...trying to get over the sudden death yesterday of our beloved cat Simba. only 4 years old and been born with a heart defeat he passed away yesterday afternoon after a quick death with us around him, trying to save his life :cry:
the devastation is still raw we all loved his awesome personality, craziness and just cuteness that no other cat has ever given us.
the vet confirmed his heart complication from birth was the the reason for his heart attack and the cpr we tried to give him would not have helped.
not a good way to start the holiday we have now and i find myself crying out loud just thinking about him and how much i am going to miss him around us.
he will live in our hearts forever but this grief to get through is one tough one.
sorry for your loss sweetheart x
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 22:14 ...trying to get over the sudden death yesterday of our beloved cat Simba. only 4 years old and been born with a heart defeat he passed away yesterday afternoon after a quick death with us around him, trying to save his life :cry:
the devastation is still raw we all loved his awesome personality, craziness and just cuteness that no other cat has ever given us.
the vet confirmed his heart complication from birth was the the reason for his heart attack and the cpr we tried to give him would not have helped.
not a good way to start the holiday we have now and i find myself crying out loud just thinking about him and how much i am going to miss him around us.
he will live in our hearts forever but this grief to get through is one tough one.
I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. Having helped so many dogs pass, being around him was important to him but hard for you. :cry:
This place is death with walls
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@eastmidswhizzkid
thank you :kiss:
@Inc0ming
oh yes it is, not the first cat to die in my arms.

actually we received a grief card in the post from our vet handwritten, which really touched us, the whole staff at the time were brilliant and am so grateful we have such an amazing vet team. :notworthy:

been my second week on holiday and at least this week is cooler than last week's hellish hot temperatures. so have bought paint to start tomorrow inside's bottom floor. the walls need a redo after so many years.

today went to the market for honey lots of it and fruit..going to make fruit salad and ice-cream for desert later. :D
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

last sunday of my holiday i decided to look online for a new kitten. trust me i am not being selfish it is more for Dusky our 5 year old boy who lost his brother and is missing him. so i found a nest and messaged the lady to view the kittens. monday i was off so went to view them thinking of a black kitten but got there and there were two nests with different kinds and the youngest nest had a kitten that looked very similar to Simba RIP but couldn't see the sex.
this kitten hissed at me when i tried to touch it *bless it's soul and i was bought. has a bit of ginger in it and that i feel in love with :notworthy:
so don't know if it's a boy or girl yet but it's ours!
can fetch it at the end of the month and then Dusky can have a mate again. :D
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 21:33 last sunday of my holiday i decided to look online for a new kitten. trust me i am not being selfish it is more for Dusky our 5 year old boy who lost his brother and is missing him. so i found a nest and messaged the lady to view the kittens. monday i was off so went to view them thinking of a black kitten but got there and there were two nests with different kinds and the youngest nest had a kitten that looked very similar to Simba RIP but couldn't see the sex.
this kitten hissed at me when i tried to touch it *bless it's soul and i was bought. has a bit of ginger in it and that i feel in love with :notworthy:
so don't know if it's a boy or girl yet but it's ours!
can fetch it at the end of the month and then Dusky can have a mate again. :D
That's lovely news Debs.
Iggy was very hissy at first. Probably as she was scared of this giant thing trying to pet her.
I'm sure much love will be shared between & your new little enslaver :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I know it's not life shattering but I am trying to figure out my fall work schedule and concerts I want to go to. So obviously we have our fearless leader roaming European grounds, then I have Deathstars finally coming back to life, and also have Carnivore AD announcing some gigs...I do hope I can make it to some. otherwise I put my mom on the bus to go back home and had a very early morning stroll, now work and hopefully some swimming in between
Pista
Cureboi

Drenching a wall in primer to seal all the dust in before I glue pond liner to it
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Tried to survive by going from air conditioned room or vehicle to another...
It's really hot in here :lol: :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
iesus
Overbomber

Trying to find Robert Smith

:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 08:53 That's lovely news Debs.
Iggy was very hissy at first. Probably as she was scared of this giant thing trying to pet her.
I'm sure much love will be shared between & your new little enslaver :)
yeah i guess i did look like a giant to it but it will have to get used to 4 giants loving and playing with it. getting the baby next week Wednesday and seriously can't wait. tomorrow i am off work so will go shopping for the kitten then. seriously getting so excited about a new fur baby ;D
that ongoing eternity
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thiss...

:twisted:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
iesus
Overbomber

Driving to go to my mountain shelter.

Was having a good mood and good soundtrack... :D :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 19 Aug 2023, 09:53 Thiss...

:twisted:
that is absolutely beautiful :notworthy:

this weekend we finally had a bit of summer shine through with nice warmer weather 😎 did my gardening yesterday and today but today i also took some time to soak up that vitamin d and it feels so good. now with the days getting shorter hope summer doesn't leave us quite yet. looking at the skies it's getting cloudy with a few dark clouds and suddenly right now it feels like a biblical sunday...
that ongoing eternity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I watched four games of football and some athletics.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Esoterica
Road Kill

Sorry to hear about your loss, Butterfly.
But cat heaven really is beautiful. Catnip everywhere.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Sorry to hear Debs.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Freakin' out over project deadlines. Wanting to just sit and watch trash TV. But the guys who are supposed to trim and remove some trees Saturday are here today.?????? Wanting to drive to south to see the Trinity site to see where the first atomic bomb exploded (open only 2 times a year) but having a tea party with my sisters on Saturday instead. :urff:

Long story short, very exciting and sexy lifestyle I lead indeed. :roll:
This place is death with walls
ExPsichonaut
Road Kill

Cooked, cleaned up and fought against my back pains
Esoterica
Road Kill

ExP—Stop all that already. Go outside and get some oxygen!
sultan2075
Overbomber

Cleaning house and packing for an unplanned trip to Dublin (any suggestions on things to do or places to go? I believe I'll be south of the river, north of Beggar's Bush).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Getting a new job.

I work at a care home in Headingley which it transpires was built using the effing dodgy as eff bubble-concrete that was in the news a bit last year in the UK, as a load of schools had been built using it and they were starting to collapse, or be at risk of collapsing. Rather like the flammable cladding they covered Grenfall Towers and doubtless hundreds of other high-rise buildings in, you simply couldn't make it up. Except someone did, and then some government official somewhere green-lighted the use of it. Anyway, the care home is run as a charity by a bunch of nuns and they have no option but to close. Very gutting and unsettling for the poor old souls I look after, who call the building home, and now have to move across the country somewhere or find another home in Leeds at considerably greater expense to themselves. For many it's an absurdly traumatic time, against which my displacement is little more than mild inconvenience.

That said, I am very pleased, and relieved, to have sorted a new job at another home nearby. Few things finer than being able to walk to work.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 11:13 Getting a new job.

I work at a care home in Headingley which it transpires was built using the effing dodgy as eff bubble-concrete that was in the news a bit last year in the UK, as a load of schools had been built using it and they were starting to collapse, or be at risk of collapsing. Rather like the flammable cladding they covered Grenfall Towers and doubtless hundreds of other high-rise buildings in, you simply couldn't make it up. Except someone did, and then some government official somewhere green-lighted the use of it. Anyway, the care home is run as a charity by a bunch of nuns and they have no option but to close. Very gutting and unsettling for the poor old souls I look after, who call the building home, and now have to move across the country somewhere or find another home in Leeds at considerably greater expense to themselves. For many it's an absurdly traumatic time, against which my displacement is little more than mild inconvenience.

That said, I am very pleased, and relieved, to have sorted a new job at another home nearby. Few things finer than being able to walk to work.
Good luck! :)
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.