Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Currently shaking a tail feather to....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #776  Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zaltys7 wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
Yep. He went completely insane, and then doubled down on it in a series of bizarre defenses. The band is done, the record is not coming out, and I think Relapse have pulled the earlier albums from streaming, etc.

Oh dear, what happened there then? I've been busy recommending them to friends. Hope it doesn't make me look like a c**t Mr. Green

Rob apparently thanked a prominent Holocaust-denier in the liner notes of the record that was about to come out. A German magazine brought it to Relapse's attention, who promptly cancelled the album and dropped the band. Rob then went on to defend himself in a pretty bad way (easily found on the internet, I'm sure) on at least two occasions. The latest development had Stig patiently explaining that regardless of this, no, Amebix were not crypto-Nazis, he's not followed Tau Cross, and he's had almost no contact with Rob since the Sonic Mass shows.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #777  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a while. What an absolutely amazing record. I know everyone praises Elizium until they're blue in the face, but honestly, I think Zoon and The Nephilim are Carl McCoy's artistic peaks, not Elizium. They're both unimpeachably brilliant, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I do, admittedly, have questionable taste.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #778  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

artwork by the cover artist's cover artist Dave McKean (The Sandman, Violent Cases, Mr Punch, Hellblazer etc)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #779  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sultan2075 wrote:
It's been a while. What an absolutely amazing record. I know everyone praises Elizium until they're blue in the face, but honestly, I think Zoon and The Nephilim are Carl McCoy's artistic peaks, not Elizium. They're both unimpeachably brilliant, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I agree 100% actually. And now I'm going to have to stick Zoon on.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #780  Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

artwork by the cover artist's cover artist Dave McKean (The Sandman, Violent Cases, Mr Punch, Hellblazer etc)

a TRUE and undeniable CLASSIC! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

IZ.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #781  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #782  Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #783  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

... was in Dusseldorf today ... the first time since their last gig there ...
somewhat saddening, but hell, on the other hand the whole city still smells of their regualr presence ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ...
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #784  Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheCureCommunity
An
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #785  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sultan2075 wrote:
zaltys7 wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
Yep. He went completely insane, and then doubled down on it in a series of bizarre defenses. The band is done, the record is not coming out, and I think Relapse have pulled the earlier albums from streaming, etc.

Oh dear, what happened there then? I've been busy recommending them to friends. Hope it doesn't make me look like a c**t Mr. Green

Rob apparently thanked a prominent Holocaust-denier in the liner notes of the record that was about to come out. A German magazine brought it to Relapse's attention, who promptly cancelled the album and dropped the band. Rob then went on to defend himself in a pretty bad way (easily found on the internet, I'm sure) on at least two occasions. The latest development had Stig patiently explaining that regardless of this, no, Amebix were not crypto-Nazis, he's not followed Tau Cross, and he's had almost no contact with Rob since the Sonic Mass shows.

Well in times like "information" overkill with billion websites claiming to have the only evidence some people are getting more confused than ever. They´re must be not dumb, many are just curious, have much free time, they sit in dark rooms before their laptop, think somewhat they´re freethinkers and then got trapped in such ideas, thinking they know things other´s don´t. I have to admit I know a flat earthbeliever. Can you believe it?
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #786  Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Amazing aggressiv German punk.

----------------adam pearson------------------
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #787  Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #788  Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #789  Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The definitive banshees line-up. proof for those who dont do The Easy Cure that ol' fat bob can wield an axe better than an Elizabethan Royal families human resources officer.

Wait - so we're allowed to refer to Mr. Smith as "Fat Bob" but not allowed to refer to Ms. Morrison as "Fat Pat"?
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #790  Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #791  Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This

Have it pre-ordered & cannot wait.
TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #792  Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The XX 2018 Remaster 2xCD with Mad Professor Bonus Remix Album

Only heard about this a few days ago and according to the MA Website it's available to Pre-Order for a 6th September release but my copy turned up in todays post Surprised I played this to death back in the Day. Loving the Mad Professor Remixes Bonus CD that I only had a few of thanks to them being released on the B-Side of the Singles.

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #793  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the sweetest noob in a long while. i can already hear the cunts tearing her apart. hope shes got better backup than Amy had. Neutral Flying Bat!
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #794  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i always forget just how f**king awesome this album is: spiritual cramp & romeo's distress We are not worthy! Flying Bat!
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #795  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

first listen. proper excited. Cool Flying Bat!
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #796  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

first listen. proper excited. Cool Flying Bat!

Thought Winter was great. This is even better. Love this album.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #797  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Sisters' 1982 Peel Session, finally released by the BBC:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6G7TJnef3i2Yc0bj9UIwaU

This means that Good Things has finally been officially released.
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #798  Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #799  Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #800  Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: