Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Take back what I paid for another motherfucker in Tel Aviv
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #51  Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just add my (unpopular, I guess) opinion and say that I am pleased The Sisters have managed to look past the hysteria and plan a gig in Tel Aviv. No government is perfect, and most of the many Israelis I know are hip, cultured folks who will surely enjoy the gig.
- Otto von Bismarck
greenmurphy
Road Kill

PostPost #52  Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Bismarck - your view is the mainstream on this thread. Music loving Israelis need not be inconvenienced by the atrocities of their government.

The vast majority of Israelis themselves show no signs of being bothered by the occupation and war crimes, the western powers support it with weapons, you have the privilege of being unaffected by it so can remain aloof with the cool kids about it.

Who does care? Countless millions actually which is why the US government wants to criminalise the BDS movement.

Glad your israeli friends are so hip.
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #53  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

greenmurphy wrote:

Laughing
Cedarjet
Road Kill

PostPost #54  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

greenmurphy wrote:
@ Bismarck - your view is the mainstream on this thread. Music loving Israelis need not be inconvenienced by the atrocities of their government.

The vast majority of Israelis themselves show no signs of being bothered by the occupation and war crimes, the western powers support it with weapons, you have the privilege of being unaffected by it so can remain aloof with the cool kids about it.

Who does care? Countless millions actually which is why the US government wants to criminalise the BDS movement.

His view actually seems to be the majority opinion. That's actually democracy. Countless millions? On which facts is that non-figure based?
Sorry, but you are resorting to polemics here.
I agree with you that the politics of the Israeli government are despicable, but I stay with my opinion that boycotting is the wrong way, as long as culture, sports and a few other things are concerned. We can both of course agree on weaponry, no need to sell them those.
And btw who are the good guys in this story? Certainly not the PA/Fatah or Hamas...Or do you believe that?
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #55  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:
Just as long as they're not smiling and shaking hands with dictators.

is there anybody boycotting U2 for Bono' handshake with Putin?
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #56  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
dinky daisy wrote:

Yes, sir. I do.
bismarck

PostPost #57  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

greenmurphy wrote:
...occupation ... war crimes ... western powers ... privilege....

Your skillful deployment of buzzwords has inspired me to change my views.

Boycott Eldritch!
- Otto von Bismarck
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #58  Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spiggythecat wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:

Likewise. I boycot U Two so much that when their is played i even mute radio.
jost 7

PostPost #59  Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One should boycott u2 for their tax avoiding constructions, but that means one should boycott ireland and the netherlands. It becomes a never ending story, with arguments for all options.

In the end it is no proper way to impose ones believes on a band (or anything else one likes, even admires), it is only a shot in the dark and a shortsighted act of compensation.

But, exemptions exist, obviously
bismarck

PostPost #60  Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
I boycot U Two so much that when their is played i even mute radio.

Laughing Me too.
- Otto von Bismarck
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #61  Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't Eldritch boycott France for most of the 80' and 90's?

Interestingly,

http://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/books/A-Line-in-the-Sand/James-Barr/9781849839037

Also, rather terrifying.
jost 7

PostPost #62  Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Suleiman wrote:
Didn't Eldritch boycott France for most of the 80' and 90's?

Interestingly,

http://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/books/A-Line-in-the-Sand/James-Barr/9781849839037

Also, rather terrifying.

I saw a documentation about getrude bell yesterday, exactly touching this topic. Pritty interesting what britain seeded back then. Of course not the only similar example (e.g balkans states)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #63  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't that the case of drawing borders of African states and bloody outcome? Isn't that the case of Pakistan, India and Kashmir and antagonism between these countries over Kashmir? Isnt' that the case of drawing borders of Mittel Europa countries after WWII and mass uprtooting, for example Germans living in new-demarcated-borders Poland?
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #64  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The book is more about Britain and France fighting a proxy war in the Middle East when they should have been fighting on the same side in WWI, WWII.

Britain supported freedom fighters/terrorists against French rule in Syria and France supported Zionist freeedom fighters/terrorists in Palestine. This resulted in, amongst other things, the assassination of a British MP and the King David Hotel bombings.

Didn't Eldritch boycott France for most the 80's and 90's?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #65  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AFAIK, he did. Isn't becuase of that silly UK/GB - France squabble?

And btw. i'm familiar with Britain and France fighting over middle east. Similar to that was the Great Game over central Asia, but it was Britain vs Russian Empire.
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #66  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
AFAIK, he did. Isn't becuase of that silly UK/GB - France squabble?

That's the point I was trying to make. This 'silly' squabble left us with the Middle East we have today. When I watch the Doimion video I imagine Eldritch playing GB and Morrison France, but I guess that's just me.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #67  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i always thought that it has orgins way back in history, Hundred Years' War and after and even before.
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #68  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
i always thought that it has orgins way back in history, Hundred Years' War and after and even before.

Or 1066!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #69  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crécy! Agincourt! Wars of the Roses!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #70  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

after the second world war britain was basically playing a caretaker role in palestine. in traditional end-of-empire style they did what they had previously done to the fuzzy-wuzzies (who didn't like it up 'em) and anyone else who's country's usefulness had become outweighed by it's internal troubles.....they bravely turned their tails and fled, leaving the locals to fight it out amongst themselves. probably wouldve worked too (you know -successfully like the partitionof india Wierded Out Rolling Eyes) if shhhhhhhh! hadnt tooled up the shhhhhh! in exchange for a puppet-state with access to the regions shhhhhhhh! to compensate for the holocaust. It wasn't me... Rolling Eyes
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #71  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
n exchange for a puppet-state

I hear Empire Down

Enjoy the puppet show...

Yeah, but what about MY LAWN!
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #72  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

However, prior to WWII it was all about protecting British access to Suez. See "A Line In The Sand".
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #73  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Furthermore, "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful".
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #74  Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Suleiman:
1) shit innit? Neutral
2) thats right.
3) very true.
jost 7

PostPost #75  Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Suleiman wrote:
However, prior to WWII it was all about protecting British access to Suez. See "A Line In The Sand".

It was about oil even more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2017 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: