Von mentioned in a KLF book

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Bill Drummond(50% of the KLF) was an A&R (Artists and repertoire) in WEA records before the K days, and he sometimes could not have proper appointments with John Hollingsworth (Cherry Red records -Liverpool) BECAUSE.....

2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Afflikönig
Amphetamine Filth

Were you the chap wearing a KLF tshirt at the Roundhouse on Saturday? If so, we chatted briefly in the queue :eek:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Afflikönig wrote:Were you the chap wearing a KLF tshirt at the Roundhouse on Saturday? If so, we chatted briefly in the queue :eek:
I was .. .. :lol: :)
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:lol: And the world is wonderful again :lol:
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

nice.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

The star in someone else's story :lol:
czuczu
Overbomber

I just had a quick scan of the Wonder Stuff diaries that have recently been published - no Sisters mention for either of the gigs I checked where they shared the bill :(
abridged
Slight Overbomber

There's a great short bit in Bad Seed (if I remember the title correctly), the Nick Cave biography in which the Sisters were playing with The Birthday Party in London. :von: asks the BP manager to ask what Nick Cave thought of them. The manager first says 'You sure about this?' and then comes back saying 'Mr Cave thinks you're the worst band he's ever seen'. :von: sends him a note thanking for his opinion but deciding to carry on regardless. Coincidentally a friend was at that gig and got into a fight with Tracey Pew. ;D
The Chancer Corporation
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

abridged wrote: 'Mr Cave thinks you're the worst band he's ever seen'.
the second best accolade after "the best band he's ever seen" no doubt. better to be hated than to be unnoticed. for the record the reasons people give for hating the sisters are usually the very things i love about them. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

or the record the reasons people give for hating the sisters are usually the very things i love about them.
Absolutely spot on! :notworthy: