Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
"Der Meisterträumer" stufarq's 1st novel in German

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kutan
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: "Der Meisterträumer" stufarq's 1st novel in German Reply with quote Back to top

I posted under the original thread, but as this did not get any attention, probably due to my low status here, I'm now so bold to open a separate thread and hope you all will forgive me this piece of advertising. At least, it's not for myself

You may wonder why I post this here. Four years ago, stufarq announced his first novel, "The Ultimate Dreamer", here on Heartland. I was one of those who read it and liked it, but I was also the one who, half in jest, offered to be stufarq's translator, should he ever think about publishing his book in German.

What I never expected happened, he said yes, and I took up the challenge, even though I'm not a professional translator. There is a section on stufarq's website where he writes about his interaction with me, it was really an interesting an demanding task for both of us.

Now, finally, the German translation of "The Ultimate Dreamer" is published. I think I captured the essence of the work while transferring things that naturally only work in English to a working German equivalent. Whatever that means.

If you like, "Der Meisterträumer" is available on Amazon, currently only as an ebook, but stufarq tells me that the paperback edition is on its way.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0764J2H9M

Btw: Please do not think I get a single penny from that. I offered stufarq to translate his novel in order to prove that I can, not more, not less. If you buy it in German, the money is his. Which is perfectly right, as he's the storyteller. I just gave him another language to tell his story in.

It would be nice if at least someone would post "I don't need this, thank you". Having my post to the original thread being viewed by a dozen and commented by zero for a week is indeed depressing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: