Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Who are the 'band' in the Floodland era TOTP performances?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Who are the 'band' in the Floodland era TOTP performances? Reply with quote Back to top

Bar Von and Pat, I recognise James Ray and the guitarist chap off the This Corrosion video (who I believe was also on the record? A chum of Steinmans maybe?). But who are the various others?

There's at least one other keyboard player and maybe a couple of extra guitarists at various points? Anyone I should recognise? I assume they never actually played live (did the Sissies ever tour with live keyboards? I feel like they might have done once).
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to the wiki the keyboardist was Carl Harrison
https://sisterswiki.org/Members_(past_and_present)#Short-lived_Members_And_Other_Contributors
TheCureCommunity
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aha, the rest of '...the performance'. That checks out!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Who are the 'band' in the Floodland era TOTP performance Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:
Bar Von and Pat, I recognise James Ray and the guitarist chap off the This Corrosion video (who I believe was also on the record? A chum of Steinmans maybe?). But who are the various others?

There's at least one other keyboard player and maybe a couple of extra guitarists at various points? Anyone I should recognise? I assume they never actually played live (did the Sissies ever tour with live keyboards? I feel like they might have done once).

I thought that during the early 90's Dan Donovan played live keyboards.
Wiki seems to agree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Donovan_(keyboardist)

we fall to rise
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, and during the early 90s, Suzanna Josefowicz and Jovanka von Wilsdorf were not only background singers but played keyboards as well ...

And during the TOTP performance of Under The Gun in 1993 the keyboardist was Rodney Orpheus ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xk_5DpsRxI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: