Hold the front page! Some news happened. Film at 11

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005n4k
(BBC Radio Ulster & BBC Radio Foyle)
This Corrosion
I Got the Music

Every generation has a musical ‘tribe’ it belongs to, and songs that evoke a special place and time.

Joe Lindsay takes a trip through six decades of music and summons up the sounds and stories of each era in the company of those who were there.

This Corrosion
The music was as dark as the clothing. The drink was Snakebite, eyeliner was heavy, the smell of patchouli oil was in the air. Release the bats, it’s the goths!
Pista
Cureboi

Armed with a deadly banana, man robs bank & splits
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

There's a photo essay in today's Graun that features a picture with the caption "Red Lolly".

Given that there are 2 lollies in the picture, is it too much to ask for the caption to be rewrittten as "Red Lolly Yellow Lolly"?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:There's a photo essay in today's Graun that features a picture with the caption "Red Lolly".

Given that there are 2 lollies in the picture, is it too much to ask for the caption to be rewrittten as "Red Lolly Yellow Lolly"?
I think the staff there were pretty glad they spelt "red" correctly & agreed to quit while they were ahead.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Meanwhile, on the Twitters, Prof Brian Cox discusses the best way to transport a squirrel from John O'Groats to Land's End.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Above the Chemist

It's getting ever worse ... *sigh ...

Outdoor smoking now banned in Sweden in certain places.

Maybe it's time to take a look at the Wikipedia List of smoking bans worldwide?

:von:
Pista
Cureboi

Lorry involved in collision in Essex causing a bit of a jam
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Pro tip: If you want your inaugural t-shirt to be a best seller, learn how to use a scanner first
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:Pro tip: If you want your inaugural t-shirt to be a best seller, learn how to use a scanner first
That must be a joke :lol:

I'd actually wear that T-shirt ;D (Not spending that much on it though!)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Think this guy took the term Crackhead too literally! :lol: :lol:

Maybe that's what's going on with Trump's hair - he's hiding his stash under there! :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Think this guy took the term Crackhead too literally! :lol: :lol:

Maybe that's what's going on with Trump's hair - he's hiding his stash under there! :lol:
:lol:

& they let him keep his VR goggles on for the mug shot? :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Boris Johnson anyone?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Just say no kids!
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This is an interesting article from Jeremy Vine: https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

tldr version: Vine and Johnson are on at the same corporate shindig, Johnson is giving the after-dinner speech. It seems like he has no script, no plan, no idea of what event he is attending. Cue rapturous laughter and applause from all.

Cut to another corporate shindig, eighteen months later, and again, Vine and Johnson both there. Johnson once again gives a shambolic speech with apparently no script, no plan... and it was the exact same speech from the previous event.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:
Pista wrote:Pro tip: If you want your inaugural t-shirt to be a best seller, learn how to use a scanner first
That must be a joke :lol:

I'd actually wear that T-shirt ;D (Not spending that much on it though!)

The Hard Times is indeed a satyrical website, not unlike The Onion and others ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:This is an interesting article from Jeremy Vine: https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

tldr version: Vine and Johnson are on at the same corporate shindig, Johnson is giving the after-dinner speech. It seems like he has no script, no plan, no idea of what event he is attending. Cue rapturous laughter and applause from all.

Cut to another corporate shindig, eighteen months later, and again, Vine and Johnson both there. Johnson once again gives a shambolic speech with apparently no script, no plan... and it was the exact same speech from the previous event.
Thank you for this, Mark. Really interesting.

Here he is, holding forth, in classical Greek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKRAJT ... okft9ruSYc

I did two years of ancient Greek in school. My Greek is really rusty, but nonetheless, I find this... really impressive. His recitation is quite good. Definitely better than I could do.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:Here he is, holding forth, in classical Greek: https://youtu.be/mQKRAJTgEuo

I did two years of ancient Greek in school. My Greek is really rusty, but nonetheless, I find this... really impressive. His recitation is quite good. Definitely better than I could do.
Yeah that is very impressive.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

So... what’s the deal with him? Here in the US they just seem to view him as Great Britain’s Donald Trump.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Here in the UK I can't think of a single friend who has ever said a good thing about him. Admittedly most of my friends are northern, urban metropolitan types who tend to vote libdem or labour but the politest description was "lying whopper".
Swinnow
Overbomber

Incidentally the BBC showed the clip of Trump himself claiming that Brit's had called Boris "Britain Trump". The response by the Newsnight presenter was sheer incredulity, either over the invention or the fact that Trump seriously thinks any number of people in the UK, leave or remain, have any positivity towards him.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't know anyone who has a good word to say about Johnson either. (With the same proviso about my friends and acquaintances largely being "urban elites" as Swinnow above ;D)

He was hotly tipped to succeed David Cameron as Tory leader / PM until Michael Gove stabbed him in the front with his claim that Johnson "cannot provide the leadership or build the team for the task ahead." A rare stopped clock moment for Gove...

He must know that it will be impossible to push a no-deal Brexit through the current Parliament, so there are fears that he may try to prorogue Parliament beforehand, and just let the October 31 deadline pass; hey presto, Brexit by default. (And Brexit was supposed to be about handing sovereignty back to Parliament. Hmmm.) I bet that if he does manage to crash out by Oct 31, he'll call a snap General Election, riding a wave as "the man who delivered Brexit" before the clusterfuck of No Deal really becomes clear.

Also, he's ideologically committed to austerity, even admitting that in his view "some measure of inequality is essential".

tl/dr; A thorough bastard.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

"Urban elites" :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

♫ You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel. ♫
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Pista wrote:♫ You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel. ♫
covered by johnny crash?.......i'll get me coat
:innocent: :bat: