Newsthump: Vampires with Seasonal Affective Disorder

NEW RULES: One thread per day only. If there's a thread for today already started, post on that. And if there isn't? Then you get to start one. Aren't you the lucky one?
Headingly
Road Kill

Lords of the un-dead suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder will peak today, as vampires everywhere endure the shortest day of their year.
http://newsthump.com/2018/06/21/vampire ... -the-year/

And for extra fun mentally replace the word vampire with goth whilst reading the article. :D
Q: Is space curved?
A: It is in Leeds
Lancer_MiG
Road Kill

I expected to read an absolutely nasty joke that I've already heard when opening the link ; something about lesbian vampires and... well, you see where it is going.

And that story is why vampire stories weren't written in Iceland, Finland or northern Russia ; they wouldn't live well under the nightless days of summer there!

(By the way, how are Muslims supposed to follow the Ramadan in these regions? They're only allowed to eat and sleep at night, but the night doesn't come for a couple weeks...)
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Lancer_MiG wrote:(By the way, how are Muslims supposed to follow the Ramadan in these regions? They're only allowed to eat and sleep at night, but the night doesn't come for a couple weeks...)
Easy; they cheat. They are allowed to pretend they are in a different place, basically, and observe the imaginary sunset and sunrise hours.
Comes close to what some geezers do with that reenactment stuff, pretending to be part of Napoleon's army for a week.
Ah, religion.... gotta love it! ;D
I've always felt like walking around dressed as a pirate or wearing a colander [pastafarism], but I fear some dudes who take religion serious might take offense.
Immodium for the people
Being645
Above the Chemist

more-sedatives-pls wrote:Ah, religion.... gotta love it! ;D
I've always felt like walking around dressed as a pirate or wearing a colander [pastafarism], but I fear some dudes who take religion serious might take offense.
Image ... ;D :lol: ...