Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
2019-06-22 Hellfest. Clisson, France
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scardwel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: 2019-06-22 Hellfest. Clisson, France Reply with quote Back to top

Tickets

Roll call:
sentenza

Setlist

More
Ribbons
Crash and Burn
No Time To Cry
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Alice
First & Last & Always
Arms
When You Don't See Me
Dominion/Mother Russia
We Are the Same, Susanne
Lucretia My Reflection
Vision Thing
Temple of Love
This Corrosion

Last edited by Scardwel on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I see it as well. The problem now is to get some tickets...
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eldritch is going to lose his s**t when he finds out he's been booked to play in France.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, to be strictly accurate ... Eldritch is going to lose his s**t when he finds out he's been booked to play in France for the 4th time in 38 years.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, because it was problem for him last three times.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #6  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: SISTERS for Hellfest 22/6/19 Reply with quote Back to top

As a young a foolish man, he was often on record as a Francophobe - hence my jibe. Once upon a time his prefered map of Europe had France (and Norway!) removed. That stuff hasn't aged well, so it's good to see those days are a long way behind him and the band, proud Europeans all. Actually, I don't think he does anything he doesn't want to any more. And he prefers festivals, French or otherwise.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I guess all around here know these stories.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so if they play france with Kiss as headliner what are the chances they end up at graspop metal meeting the week after in BElgium Smile
Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Twisted Evil Surprised Surprised
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah the wonderful world of releasing amazing line-ups for your festival after you've sold all the tickets. Nice one Hellfest.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just say,

Ghost have a break on tour between July 21st (Moscow) and August 14th (Bucarest).

Chris' itinerary may therefore mean a few more festival dates in between, and perhaps another month-long leg in Q4.

==

But who knows. The Hamburg gig is a double-booking, should Chris want to be both a Nameless Ghoul and a Loyal Muppet Wink
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stefan moermans wrote:
so if they play france with Kiss as headliner what are the chances they end up at graspop metal meeting the week after in BElgium Smile
Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Twisted Evil Surprised Surprised

i've got a combi ticket he's welcome i even might go and actually see them
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #12  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Robson wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:

him
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #13  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone on here going and willing to share costs on petrol and accommodation?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #14  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Robson wrote:
Robson wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:

him

Please don't let the Universe explode by putting the Sisters on a Graspop bill.... that's the festival I attend just to avoid them!

I wonder, WHY the sudden interest for the Sissies by metal festivals? It's not that they are 'the next new thing'? Have a new album?
The only thing I can think about is, like the Trash-revival, Def Leppard and Steel Panther, they tingle that old eighties vibe in some of us and that sells these days...

IZ.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Robson wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:

him

Please don't let the Universe explode by putting the Sisters on a Graspop bill.... that's the festival I attend just to avoid them!

I wonder, WHY the sudden interest for the Sissies by metal festivals? It's not that they are 'the next new thing'? Have a new album?
The only thing I can think about is, like the Trash-revival, Def Leppard and Steel Panther, they tingle that old eighties vibe in some of us and that sells these days...

IZ.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
bismarck

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
I wonder, WHY the sudden interest for the Sissies by metal festivals?

I'm sure it's a conscious attempt by Eldritch himself to redefine the brand rather than any spontaneous renewed interest from metalheads.
- Otto von Bismarck
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surely not maximum buck for minimal bang as it where?
Fallon
Road Kill

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

Part of it is that we headbangers are nerds at heart; I know a few people at least who have become Sisters fans from their appearances in video games and films (not me though, I just liked the way they looked when I was a little boy).

Another thing is that there's a whole genre of "gothic metal" which, whilst failing to resemble the Sisters in the slightest (it's all that Victorian melodrama; corsets and operatic vocals and cut-rate attempts at imitating Tim Burton movies), does present a bit of a crossover opportunity.

Finally, there's more than a couple of (not that great) Sisters covers from high profile metal bands.

Cradle Of Filth did No Time To Cry (musically it's quite good - a lot more thump - but they ruin it by putting silly vocals on)

Kreator, a band I love, also covered Lucretia My Reflection during their 90s 'wilderness' period where they temporarily moved away from heavy metal. It's not a very good cover but they've always been vocal about the band's influence in interviews etc (although Kreator are certainly at their best when they don't try to sound like them).

I think that the Sisters are viewed as legitimate by the metal community. A non-metal band it's okay to like, if you're the type prone to elitism (which many metalheads are).
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #19  Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Robson wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:

him

IZ.

we will be busy seeing some decent live bands Razz no time and no place for tsom Laughing
headcleaner2k
Road Kill

PostPost #20  Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Correct.
Vision Thing had a tinge of metal that brought me to the band like The Cult’s Electric did.
Sisters T-Shirt seen on Matt Sorem in G’nR music videos as well as Kirk Hammit in a Metallica music video once upon a time. Then there’s that bit about John Corabi being told by Nikki Sixx he wanted him to sound more like the Sisters when Crüe were trying to reinvent themselves without Vince ... etc

Robson wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Robson wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:
so if they play france with Kiss as headliner what are the chances they end up at graspop metal meeting the week after in BElgium :-)
:bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :twisted: :eek: :eek:

him

IZ.

we will be busy seeing some decent live bands :P no time and no place for tsom :lol:
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #21  Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got my ticket ! Who else?
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #22  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Already on the road as it seems! Or at least Ben.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156124820367051&id=607382050
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #23  Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Today's the day ... and the secret will be lifted ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ...

Enjoy everybody who can be there ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... and lots of great fun and a good run for the band, of course, and for the new guitarist in particular!!! ... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy ...
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #24  Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea of stage times for this one?
TheCureCommunity
Charlie

PostPost #25  Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Any idea of stage times for this one?

According to the Hellfest website it's late - 01:05 to 02:05

Very precise - that 5 mins is important! Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2019 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: