Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Killing Eve
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject: Killing Eve Reply with quote Back to top

***is the name of the new band from Anne-Marie Hurst (Ghost Dance & Skelewtal Family) and Andy Cousin (All About Eve) ***

i just received this from AM in my FB inbox so if it wil work for those of you thereon: Home - shows and album to be announced soon! how terribly exciting!
Cool
also: here too

any chance a mod could sticky this? ta. Our fearless leader!
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well nicking the name of the best TV show of 2018 is going to get them quite a bit of attention.
This has been tweeted & stickyfied.
Ta for the heads up Brother Lee We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

was rather pleased to get a private message from AM with the heads up. that was before the FB page was live. so i got to scoop the '80-'85 group, Tom Riddlers Ribbons group and be the first post on the bands page when it went live. Anne-Marie KNOWS i love the Ghosties. Our fearless leader! Cool
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not meaning to start any controversy bit if somebody is in a band called All About Eve and then picks a new band name Killing Eve it could be potentially seen as provocative... Surprised
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect it does indeed refer to a burying of the past

Whilst simultaneously name-checking former glories Wink
the cake is a lie
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

abridged wrote:
Not meaning to start any controversy bit if somebody is in a band called All About Eve and then picks a new band name Killing Eve it could be potentially seen as provocative... Surprised

You think Julianne will go and record a record first just to stop them using the name? Laughing
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dan wrote:
abridged wrote:

You think Julianne will go and record a record first just to stop them using the name? Laughing
I would very much doubt that there's a 25K advance up for grabs! Laughing
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All About Family
the cake is a lie
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Dan wrote:
abridged wrote:

25p
the cake is a lie
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Dan wrote:
abridged wrote:

25p
That generous? Laughing
Swinnow
Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck to them, Andy's a good lad like, but not sure how it gets into 'Sisters Chat' though, did someone mistake Andy for Tim Laughing
jost 7
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow wrote:
Good luck to them, Andy's a good lad like, but not sure how it gets into 'Sisters Chat' though, did someone mistake Andy for Tim Laughing

He was in the fantastic misssion, thats enough
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #13  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anne Marie has just told me that we may get a little preview of the new song(s) on the Andy Cousin Radio show which goes out every wednesday from 8-10pm GMT. details on this page here https://www.facebook.com/pg/theandycousinshow/posts/?ref=page_internal:

Our fearless leader! Flying Bat!
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #14  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"Andy Cousin" THIS IS LIKE A DISCLAIMER FROM ME, ANDY COUSIN.......
I NOW HAVE A NEW BAND CALLED KILLING EVE, ITS ME WITH ANNE MARIE HURST, WHO YOU MAY KNOW FROM GHOSTDANCE/SKELETAL FAMILY........ BUT I WANT TO SAY THIS IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH MY OLD BAND ALL ABOUT EVE, IT IS JUST A NAME , IN FACT I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO OUT ON THE ROAD AGAIN WITH AAE ,BUT THAT, TO NO FAULT OF MINE COULDN'T HAPPEN.
KILLING EVE IS GOING TO BE FULL OF ANTHEMS AND IT WILL BE EXCITING. MOST OF THE MUSIC IS NOW DONE AND WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF DOING THE VIDEO IN FEB, CALLED.....KILLING EVE

eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #15  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow wrote:

Anne-Marie is Ghost Dance. Ghost Dance is Sisters Chat. thats the way "someones" mind -mine- worked. if its not in the right place i'm sure Barry will move it.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #16  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

We do have a Where are they now? section

Quote:
Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about Wayne or Patty? Post 'em here... Hmmm, maybe this folder should be combined with Joke Of The Day??

but putting it in there feels a little harsh!

I'm not precious - it seems like it may be of interest Cool
the cake is a lie
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #17  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
Laughing

We do have a Where are they now? section

Quote:
Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about Wayne or Patty? Post 'em here... Hmmm, maybe this folder should be combined with Joke Of The Day??

but putting it in there feels a little harsh!

I'm not precious - it seems like it may be of interest Cool

amusingly the sisters facebook group have deleted my post about it. i wouldn't mind but i only posted it out of fairness as i had posted it on the 1980-85 group and the Ribbons groups lol
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #18  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

heathens
the cake is a lie
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #19  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing
TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #20  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chris catalyst: "you're intelligent [Sisters fans]-you must be Heartlanders"
me: "are you saying that some Sisters fans aren't intelligent?"
chris: ".......i'm saying they're not all Heartlanders." Laughing Our fearless leader!
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #21  Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds pretty generic 'alternative rock' to me, not dissimilar to Anne Maries solo album of a few years ago that seemed to vanish without trace pretty quickly.

Good luck to them but you can see why Stan was a bit pi**ed off late last year, as this does appear to have happened very quickly
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #22  Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spiggy's hat wrote:
It sounds pretty generic 'alternative rock' to me, not dissimilar to Anne Maries solo album of a few years ago that seemed to vanish without trace pretty quickly.

Good luck to them but you can see why Stan was a bit pi**ed off late last year, as this does appear to have happened very quickly

to be honest i've never been a SF fan. Ghost Dance were in a different league IMO; and although Anne Marie is a great performer with a lovely set of pipes (and one of those perty faces) i wasnt impressed by Skellies back catalogue pre-Ghosties at all.when she started doing gigs under her own name (before SF officially reformed) i was horrified by the basic poor musicianship of her band, not realising until i was told by someone on the crew that they were actually SF to all intents and purposes.

regardless of all that, the painfully public implosion of said band on FUCKFACE-BUKKAKE and it's related mudslinging and shit-stirring -juvenile playground theatrics designed to hurt AM and/or her reputation- only reflected badly on those launching the attacks...and most definitely NOT Anne Marie who's only public comment was a justifiably distraught display of embarrassment at her name being dragged through the dirt. as these attacks included dumbass rumours about a secret GD reformation as well as slurs against Mark Pearman/Gary Marx (which were borderline libellous) i think its fair to say that Stan's right to be pissed off is sweet F.A.
weeks of being bombarded with requests to "like" page after page of 'Stan' -seemingly without content or discernable purpose other than as an exercise in attempted populism- didn't change my opinion. you reap what you sew and all that...

Anne Marie is a proper sweetheart, as anyone who knows her (sans agenda) will tell you. Our fearless leader!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #23  Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stan did make a bit of an arse of himself it has to be said.
Swinnow
Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was never a huge fan of the Skeletals since coming across them during Black October. If my musical wanderings took me west to Bradford-ish I almost always ended up with NMA. Ghost Dance was a different beast, loved them. A-M's solo gigs were a bit hit and miss, well the ones I saw around Bradford were.
The recent band spat seemed like petulant handbags and probably says more about late night or drunken use of Farcebook than anything else. I was more vexed by A-M's seeming public support of Trump and Farage tbh.
I'll still troll along and see the Eve's in Leeds or Bradford though and give their first sounds a chance. Her voice will no doubt be better than Von's this year Laughing
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #25  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow wrote:
... I was more vexed by A-M's seeming public support of Trump and Farage tbh.

Agreed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: