2019-06-22 Hellfest. Clisson, France

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Tickets

Roll call:
sentenza

Setlist

More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Crash And Burn
No Time To Cry
First And Last And Always
Arms
Dominion/Mother Russia
We Are The Same, Susanne
When You Don't See Me
Vision Thing
Lucretia, My Reflection
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Last edited by Scardwel on 26 Nov 2018, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Yes I see it as well. The problem now is to get some tickets...
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Eldritch is going to lose his s**t when he finds out he's been booked to play in France.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

OK, to be strictly accurate ... Eldritch is going to lose his s**t when he finds out he's been booked to play in France for the 4th time in 38 years.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yes, because it was problem for him last three times.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

As a young a foolish man, he was often on record as a Francophobe - hence my jibe. Once upon a time his prefered map of Europe had France (and Norway!) removed. That stuff hasn't aged well, so it's good to see those days are a long way behind him and the band, proud Europeans all. Actually, I don't think he does anything he doesn't want to any more. And he prefers festivals, French or otherwise.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yes, I guess all around here know these stories.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

so if they play france with Kiss as headliner what are the chances they end up at graspop metal meeting the week after in BElgium :-)
:bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :twisted: :eek: :eek:
MUSICA È
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ah the wonderful world of releasing amazing line-ups for your festival after you've sold all the tickets. Nice one Hellfest.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Just say,

Ghost have a break on tour between July 21st (Moscow) and August 14th (Bucarest).

Chris' itinerary may therefore mean a few more festival dates in between, and perhaps another month-long leg in Q4.

==

But who knows. The Hamburg gig is a double-booking, should Chris want to be both a Nameless Ghoul and a Loyal Muppet ;)
"I hold myself personally responsible for Nine Inch Nails (among others), but not for the fact that they look like Alien Sex Fiend." - Von, '95
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

stefan moermans wrote:so if they play france with Kiss as headliner what are the chances they end up at graspop metal meeting the week after in BElgium :-)
i've got a combi ticket he's welcome i even might go and actually see them
- since 1992 -
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

Robson wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:so if they play france with Kiss as headliner what are the chances they end up at graspop metal meeting the week after in BElgium :-)
him
- since 1992 -
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anyone on here going and willing to share costs on petrol and accommodation?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Robson wrote:
Robson wrote:
him
Please don't let the Universe explode by putting the Sisters on a Graspop bill.... that's the festival I attend just to avoid them!

I wonder, WHY the sudden interest for the Sissies by metal festivals? It's not that they are 'the next new thing'? Have a new album?
The only thing I can think about is, like the Trash-revival, Def Leppard and Steel Panther, they tingle that old eighties vibe in some of us and that sells these days...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Robson wrote: i've got a combi ticket he's welcome i even might go and actually see them
him
Please don't let the Universe explode by putting the Sisters on a Graspop bill.... that's the festival I attend just to avoid them!

I wonder, WHY the sudden interest for the Sissies by metal festivals? It's not that they are 'the next new thing'? Have a new album?
The only thing I can think about is, like the Trash-revival, Def Leppard and Steel Panther, they tingle that old eighties vibe in some of us and that sells these days...

IZ.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;D ;D ;D
MUSICA È
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I wonder, WHY the sudden interest for the Sissies by metal festivals?
I'm sure it's a conscious attempt by Eldritch himself to redefine the brand rather than any spontaneous renewed interest from metalheads.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Swinnow
Overbomber

Surely not maximum buck for minimal bang as it where?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Fallon
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I wonder, WHY the sudden interest for the Sissies by metal festivals? It's not that they are 'the next new thing'? Have a new album?
Part of it is that we headbangers are nerds at heart; I know a few people at least who have become Sisters fans from their appearances in video games and films (not me though, I just liked the way they looked when I was a little boy).

Another thing is that there's a whole genre of "gothic metal" which, whilst failing to resemble the Sisters in the slightest (it's all that Victorian melodrama; corsets and operatic vocals and cut-rate attempts at imitating Tim Burton movies), does present a bit of a crossover opportunity.

Finally, there's more than a couple of (not that great) Sisters covers from high profile metal bands.

Cradle Of Filth did No Time To Cry (musically it's quite good - a lot more thump - but they ruin it by putting silly vocals on)

Kreator, a band I love, also covered Lucretia My Reflection during their 90s 'wilderness' period where they temporarily moved away from heavy metal. It's not a very good cover but they've always been vocal about the band's influence in interviews etc (although Kreator are certainly at their best when they don't try to sound like them).

I think that the Sisters are viewed as legitimate by the metal community. A non-metal band it's okay to like, if you're the type prone to elitism (which many metalheads are).
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Robson wrote: i've got a combi ticket he's welcome i even might go and actually see them
him

IZ.
we will be busy seeing some decent live bands :P no time and no place for tsom :lol:
- since 1992 -
headcleaner2k
Road Kill

Correct.
Vision Thing had a tinge of metal that brought me to the band like The Cult’s Electric did.
Sisters T-Shirt seen on Matt Sorem in G’nR music videos as well as Kirk Hammit in a Metallica music video once upon a time. Then there’s that bit about John Corabi being told by Nikki Sixx he wanted him to sound more like the Sisters when Crüe were trying to reinvent themselves without Vince ... etc

Robson wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Robson wrote: him

IZ.
we will be busy seeing some decent live bands :P no time and no place for tsom :lol:
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Got my ticket ! Who else?
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Already on the road as it seems! Or at least Ben.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =607382050
Being645
Above the Chemist

Today's the day ... and the secret will be lifted ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Enjoy everybody who can be there ... :D :D :D ... and lots of great fun and a good run for the band, of course, and for the new guitarist in particular!!! ... :D:D:D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Any idea of stage times for this one?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Any idea of stage times for this one?
According to the Hellfest website it's late - 01:05 to 02:05

Very precise - that 5 mins is important! :lol: :lol: