Interesting miss interview...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

https://theblogginggoth.com/2019/03/01/ ... on-brexit/

Check this reply out and click on " from that lot" AND SEE WHAT TURNS UP

WH: I feel I’ve definitely come in for some unfair stick from that lot over the years – so I’m getting my own back!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Well, you can't call him a liar then, can you?

I think the only person that's got more stick over the 16 years I've been here is Patricia Morrison. James Ray got into some nastiness as well as I recall. The there was that one post that could have been Patricia .... and some mad dog that tried to blackmail Mr Ray for his old Demo's ....

f**k Em, I love all my Sisters 8)
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

I only point it out...
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Being645
Above the Chemist

zaltys7 wrote:[...]
I think the only person that's got more stick over the 16 years I've been here is Patricia Morrison [... ]
If you keep Andrew Eldritch out of the count ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

:von: is praised by HLers like you and bashed (if he/they deserved this) here.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote::von: is praised by HLers like you and bashed (if he/they deserved this) here.
Oh, and fortunately there are those reasonable few like you with a clear ability to judge ... :D :D :D ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

I admit it, I'm looking forward to Wayne's book and will be dropping huge birthday present type hints to my family as May approaches. When I've met the guy in the past he's occasionally been a blert but he's also far from the wicked witch of the south-west as some on here have coloured him.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote:I admit it, I'm looking forward to Wayne's book and will be dropping huge birthday present type hints to my family as May approaches. When I've met the guy in the past he's occasionally been a blert but he's also far from the wicked witch of the south-west as some on here have coloured him.
Either it's out already, or you better make sure your family know which That Guitarist book it is that you want https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desert-Sun-Way ... ussey+book
Pista
Cureboi

Mothra wrote:
Swinnow wrote:I admit it, I'm looking forward to Wayne's book and will be dropping huge birthday present type hints to my family as May approaches. When I've met the guy in the past he's occasionally been a blert but he's also far from the wicked witch of the south-west as some on here have coloured him.
Either it's out already, or you better make sure your family know which That Guitarist book it is that you want https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desert-Sun-Way ... ussey+book
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Oh Christ, there are two of him! Might explain a lot haha
Mothra

'filled with action, suspense, romance, passion, and erotica'. Sounds like Wayne's lyrics on Heaven Sends You.

I'm also looking forward to the autobiography when it arrives. Slightly disappointed that it only covers up until he leaves the Sisters, as the debauchery when The m*****n were on the rise and then the pretty rapid fall (Masque through to Blue and beyond) would make for a good read.
Swinnow
Overbomber

So we maybe get a volume II covering the Sisterhood bellendery and the rise and fall of the Mish empire. Am intrigued by the first book though as I was an occasional visitor to Eric's in the late 70s and early 80s and then spent far too long in the Fav/Phono/Warehouse in my student years.
Mothra

Swinnow wrote:So we maybe get a volume II covering the Sisterhood bellendery and the rise and fall of the Mish empire. Am intrigued by the first book though as I was an occasional visitor to Eric's in the late 70s and early 80s and then spent far too long in the Fav/Phono/Warehouse in my student years.
I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. It should be a good book regardless, but there's still a lot of his story to tell. The interview is non-committal: There are some revelations in the book, but it does only go up to when Craig and I left The Sisters of Mercy [in 1985]. Even so, I managed to produce nearly 200,000 words, when they only asked me for 90,000… so there’s the possibility of a second book! I’m not committed to producing another one, but….

Jimbob from Carter USM's autobiography pulls no punches, he's pretty open about how bitter he felt about going from headlining festivals to playing to a handful of fans in Croydon on a Sunday night (coincidentally, I was at this gig, despite not being a fan, so it made me grin when he specifically writes about that being the show where he realised he'd completely had enough).

Would guess that Wayne felt roughly the same as Masque, Neverland and Blue come out to dwindling sales/audiences.

Just looked up the Jimbob book on Amazon and seen that he does have a second volume of his autobiography out soon, covering the solo shows he did and then Carter's return (so I'll be buying that too, most of his music is crap, but I like the way he writes). Take note WH.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote:
Bartek wrote::von: is praised by HLers like you and bashed (if he/they deserved this) here.
Oh, and fortunately there are those reasonable few like you with a clear ability to judge ... :D :D :D ...
I'm not even trying to aspire to pretend to be as objective as you. :kiss:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:
Being645 wrote:
I'm not even trying to aspire to pretend to be as objective as you. :kiss:
I'm pleased to see you're not disappointing my expectations and eventually know the ropes ... ;D ;D ;D ...
An
Amphetamine Filth

Either it's out already, or you better make sure your family know which That Guitarist book it is that you want https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desert-Sun-Way ... ussey+book[/quote]

Looks like it is also inspired by the Dominion video;-)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Wayne wrote:There’s some stories that will incur the wrath of the… how can I say – Sisters zealots!
"Sisters zealots"!! We should get some t-shirts printed! Really looking forward to Wayne's book, he's always been a good writer (think back to that vituperative review of Gift back in the day) and raconteur (if not lyricist ;-) ).
He seems to be in a laconic and reflective mood these days and I think he will be quite affectionate about his time in the Sisters. Anyone who is prepared to give him a fair hearing will probably agree that a lot of the stick which he has taken here has indeed been unfair (and I'm more guilty than most), as when you look into what was really happening in 84/85 WH is not exactly the pantmime villain he's been painted as.
mh
Above the Chemist

Well yeah, you've only to scratch the surface to realise that the band was already in trouble by late 83, that Wayne actually did a lot to hold it together in 84/85, and that he only jumped ship when things got too intolerable for him.

Any notions about Wayne being responsible for splitting the band are just that - notions.

However, the real pantomime started in 86 and it has to be admitted that Wayne has rather enjoyed playing himself as the villain, not to mention gotten a lot of mileage out of it. That's what I find tiresome, for me it's a case of "leave it be Wayne, you're actually not annoying Sisters fans, at least not beyond the bounds of just being annoying in general".
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

fwiw, the mish & wayne "swear" filters started out os a vary silly joke - no harm meant. they were really just playing up to the cliche of sisters fans hating/blaming wayne.

individuals on here may hate or blame wayne for whatever they chose, but speaking for the forum as a whole (because I own it, so I can ;)) we don't really believe it.

mh's comment above about there being a very real possibility that wayne was holding it all together by 84/85 is a fair one.

we'd discussed removing the filters a few times over the years but the general consensus was always that a) they're mildly amusing, and b) no one really objected or cared enough to warrant us removing them :D

as for the pat-bashing stuff, quite a few of us over the years definitely drank the eldritch kool aid, believing his version of events verbatim, and consequently slagging off anyone he deemed to have disappointed or crossed him (myself included) but in reality, I like to think we all accept that there's always 2 sides to every story and I'd hope we are all sensible enough to take von's self-aggrandising mythology-building snarks about ex-band members with a mahoosive pinch of salt.

sometimes it's amusing to entertain his version of the truth - never underestimate the value of a laugh or a cheap shot :lol: - but ultimately, I wouldn't want any of them to lose any sleep over what a forum full of geeks thought.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

regardless, 's a good interview that, Tim :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well said Mr B.

I do find the Sisters Zealot tee-shirt attractive though. I'll buy Wayne one too :lol:
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

Yes, that was nicely expressed QB. I wouldn’t feel at all defensive about this forum.

You have created something which still, 15 years later, is used, has probably given rise to many new / reconnections etc, promoted a good few bands and individuals, and been curated with modesty, no ego, a bit of humour and tirelessly.

Which can’t have always been easy.
When was the last time you cut the catwalk caviar?