Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Mera Luna 12.08.00

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Mera Luna 12.08.00 Reply with quote Back to top

Questions guys ...

As Snub Nose finishes, Von (in a jolly mood for once) announces "Ladies and gentlemen; Mr Chris Starling and the legendary Mr Whammmmmy!"

The Doktor starts his This Corrossion shuffle and Von announces "On the tombola ...Lewis!(I think)"

Tombola? I tried cockney rhyming slang but got nowhere.

Lewis? Could be another name.

Having said that, the backing vocals on TC are very good (even drowns him out on the last verse "I've got nothing to say etc etc') and it does sound like too good voices One possible female? But then again I can't listen to any version of TC without the NYCS harmonies switching on automatically in my head.

'Bei Mir Bist Du Schon' What is this? Can any of our german friends help us out with a translation. As it stands at the moment, just listening to the tune and not understanding a single word, I'll go to my grave believing that this was Von's attempt to get The Sisters to represent Germany at Eurovision but failed as they were pipped at the post by a man in leather shorts with an accordian.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love that boot but mine stops after "mr whammy" and then TC kicks in :-(

It would be interesting to see a translastion for Bei Mir - it's an old Jewish song isn't it? Originally performed by the Andrews Sisters (geddit?) Either way, it's a class choon.
Loki

PostPost #3  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:
Either way, it's a class choon.

Wierded Out Maybe it'll grow on me. I'll check the track listing on my boot.
I'm sure it will say Bei Mir ... (Europop Rock Mix).
Scardwel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mera Luna 12.08.00 Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Boy wrote:

The Doktor starts his This Corrossion shuffle and Von announces "On the tombola ...Lewis!(I think)"

It's NURSE! Wink (as in Nurse to the Doctor). On this occasion I believe it was Simon Denbeigh (correct sp?) of March Violets fame.

I think the 'Tombola' reference comes from the fact that Nurse presses the button to start each song.
Loki

PostPost #5  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mera Luna 12.08.00 Reply with quote Back to top

Scardwel wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:

It's NURSE! Wink (as in Nurse to the Doctor). On this occasion I believe it was Simon Denbeigh (correct sp?) of March Violets fame.

I think the 'Tombola' reference comes from the fact that Nurse presses the button to start each song.

Ahhhh! We are not worthy! I was just walking back from the post office thinking "Tombola? Tombola? Tombola machine ...drum machine ...Doktor? Start up Doktor?". Any idea on the "Lewis" reference? If indeed it is Lewis ... Our fearless leader!
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NURSE! He already said that Wink
Loki

PostPost #7  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:
NURSE! He already said that Wink

Embarassed The batteries are going in my hearing aid. The eye sight isn't what it used to be ...mumble, mumble ...

* Shuffles off into his twlight years with his tail firmly between his legs *
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nurse.....strangely appropriate eh Johnny? Razz
Loki

PostPost #9  Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:
Nurse.....strangely appropriate eh Johnny? Razz

And she looks after me mighty, mighty fine. Wink
samplehead
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Bei mir bist du schön - means To "Me, You Are Beautiful"

and it was originally a yiddish song here are two links

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/newbonham/6/beimirbist.htm

you can fin the lyrics and something where it comes from

http://www.yiddishradioproject.org/exhibits/ymis/ymis.php3?content=photos&pg=2

there is a another german word "wunderbar" -> "excellent"

hope that helps

samplehead
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Toronto 28/09/99

"well we were going to handout lyric sheets but there's not that many of you can read Hebrew" Laughing Laughing Laughing Our fearless leader!
Loki

PostPost #12  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With thanks to Samplehead We are not worthy!

"Bei Mir Bist Du Schon" means "To Me, You Are Beautiful"
lyrics as recorded November 24, 1937 by The Andrews Sisters

Of all the boys I've known, and I've known some
Until I first met you, I was lonesome
And when you came in sight, dear, my heart grew light
And this old world seemed new to me

You're really swell, I have to admit you
Deserve expressions that really fit you
And so I've racked my brain, hoping to explain
All the things that you do to me

Bei mir bist du schon, please let me explain
Bei mir bist du schon means you're grand
Bei mir bist du schon, again I'll explain
It means you're the fairest in the land

I could say "Bella, bella", even say "Wunderbar"
Each language only helps me tell you how grand you are

I've tried to explain, bei mir bist du schon
So kiss me and say you understand

Bei mir bist du schon, you've heard it all before
but let me try to explain
Bei mir bist du schon means that you're grand
Bei mir bist du schon, it's such an old refrain
and yet I should explain
It means I am begging for your hand

------ instrumental break ------

I've tried to explain, bei mir bist du schon
So kiss me and say that you will understand

Lyrics kindly provided by Wayne (Wayne ..!!Confused Surprised )
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to wonder what in the world he was on about with the lyrics "By Me and Mr Shane".

Dickhead that I am.
khepri II

PostPost #14  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

khepri II wrote:
Toronto 28/09/99

"well we were going to handout lyric sheets but there's not that many of you can read Hebrew" Laughing Laughing Laughing Our fearless leader!

"go on then get your yar yar's out".

And I thought he was being rude Embarassed

apparently they're skull caps Confused
Loki

PostPost #15  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:
I used to wonder what in the world he was on about with the lyrics "By Me and Mr Shane".

Laughing

By the way (and I'm not word perfect), after TC it's something like 'mumble, mumble', 'danke', 'mumble, mumble', 'last song ...' which suggests to me he's implying, 'We're now gonna play our last song', presumably VT(?).

So once again, that strange, incredibly frustrating beast know as a Sisters Bootlegger, has lauched the boot to the masses, minus the closing track.
They no doubt sit at home jerking off to VT, smug and ecstatic in the knowledge that they have the complete recording. It makes me very cross. Evil or Very Mad

Or I'm talking bollox. Again. Rolling Eyes
khepri II

PostPost #16  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://tours.tsom.org/2000/concerts/20000812.htm

usually tells the truth.

brilliant site We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Boy wrote:
Jim wrote:

Laughing

By the way (and I'm not word perfect), after TC it's something like 'mumble, mumble', 'danke', 'mumble, mumble', 'last song ...' which suggests to me he's implying, 'We're now gonna play our last song', presumably VT(?).

So once again, that strange, incredibly frustrating beast know as a Sisters Bootlegger, has lauched the boot to the masses, minus the closing track.
They no doubt sit at home jerking off to VT, smug and ecstatic in the knowledge that they have the complete recording. It makes me very cross. Evil or Very Mad

Or I'm talking bollox. Again. Rolling Eyes

Like I said, my versions missing loads of songs from the gig - it's called "Mei Mir Bist Du Schon" and it's really nicely packaged, but theyve missed a bunch of tunes, which is always a bit of a shame.
Loki

PostPost #18  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

khepri II wrote:
http://tours.tsom.org/2000/concerts/20000812.htm

usually tells the truth.

brilliant site We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

I stand corrected We are not worthy! I am talking bollox. Just didn't sound like an gig ending, ie 'Thank you and goodnight!. A bit flat maybe. Oh well ...
Loki

PostPost #19  Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:

Like I said, my versions missing loads of songs from the gig - it's called "Mei Mir Bist Du Schon" and it's really nicely packaged, but theyve missed a bunch of tunes, which is always a bit of a shame.

I was also seduced by the packaging on mine (nearly up to JansenClone's standards Wink ) and handed over my hard-earned pension. It was tracklisted as 16 songs. Imagine my disgust and disappointement the first time I slotted it into the hi-fi, waited thru the little whirling noise, and the track total flashing light said ...18!

Sometimes, you do win. Sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: