Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Has Chris quit The Sisters?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So looks like the rumours of Chris not playing for the Sisters this year for some or all of the gigs could be true.

According to his twitter:

'I aren’t doing those gigs later this year. I’m sure it’ll be grand though.'
d0gbones
Road Kill

PostPost #2  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming it's alright to talk about now it's on his Twitter... He said the guy replacing him is "very good". I'll be sad if Chris is gone for good, but interested to see what sort of difference this makes.
majorsixth
Road Kill

PostPost #3  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chris is also selling off some of his Sisters gear.
https://www.facebook.com/chriscatalyst/posts/10161932859795720

Gonna miss his presence in the Sisters a lot if he'll be gone for good, he's been brilliant and in the band as long as I've known them.
Charlie

PostPost #4  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

d0gbones wrote:
I'm assuming it's alright to talk about now it's on his Twitter... He said the guy replacing him is "very good". I'll be sad if Chris is gone for good, but interested to see what sort of difference this makes.

Yeah, Chris seems like a grand lad, i'll miss him too if that's it, he's been a great addition to the Sisters over the years, even actually getting some sort of Sisters social media going for a time there! Laughing We are not worthy!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to see this positively, Our fearless leader! is now forced to get more active with the Sisters, instead of letting Chris do most of the job. And he already has (live news updates so far, always something, at least for a Sisters fan Laughing )

I think this is a good change, assuming the new guy is good.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #6  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whether is permanent (assuming from selling backline) or just because simple collision of dates (which we already knew), it's gonna be interesting. Yet, Chris was the one who brought enthusiasm, freshness and not-knowing to us being with touch with us - China Fire Wall has changed into shrubberies ... but now it's gone. Tw@er is dead, for example.

Anyhow, looking forward.

Last edited by Bartek on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlie

PostPost #7  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
I prefer to see this positively, Our fearless leader! is now forced to get more active with the Sisters, instead of letting Chris do most of the job. And he already has (live news updates so far, always something, at least for a Sisters fan Laughing )

I think this is a good change, assuming the new guy is good.

Oh yes - didn't mean this in a negative way, not at all, just that i liked Chris a lot.
Looking forward to seeing the changes! Very Happy
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie wrote:

Oh yes - didn't mean this in a negative way, not at all, just that i liked Chris a lot.

I didn't mean that as a remark to what you wrote Smile

My main reason to be positive is that Chris has taken charge of issues in a way that seems to have made Our fearless leader! a bit reluctant to take an active role in the band, to put it nicely.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #9  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've split this from the 2019 board as it seems like a worthy separate discussion.
Albeit a very sad one if true Sad
TheCureCommunity
Charlie

PostPost #10  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
I've split this from the 2019 board as it seems like a worthy separate discussion.
Albeit a very sad one if true Sad

I thought i was going mad, i'm like "I'm sure i didn't create this thread - did i...?!"
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #11  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You did now Very Happy
TheCureCommunity
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #12  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Word I heard was that Chris didn't want to do a Sisters tour until next year, because of commitments to the Other Band, but Von wasn't willing to wait, so hence he's not doing this tour. Is it permanent? Don't know.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #13  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

d0gbones wrote:
I'm assuming it's alright to talk about now it's on his Twitter... He said the guy replacing him is "very good".

His replacement already does a solid drum n' bass. Razz
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #14  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

copper wrote:
d0gbones wrote:
I'm assuming it's alright to talk about now it's on his Twitter... He said the guy replacing him is "very good".

His replacement already does a solid drum n' bass. Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's just bad. Twisted Evil
copper
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #15  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, but anyhoo - big respect for Chris for all he's done for the band over the years. Quick math suggests Chris clocked up as many years of service as Mr Whammy and, with Ben, maintained the steadiest lineup in the bands history. Add up all he's done over the years, starting with making the live gear more transportable, and you have a big reason why the band continues to exist to this day.

Thank you and good luck, Chris, you did all you could and then some.
ww23
Road Kill

PostPost #16  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good news. I was never really fond of his Rockstar moves on stage which are now also part of Ghost where the old guitarists (Alpha, Omega) did fit better as well than his poses.
Also I think the Sisters guitarists from a few years (Pearson, Starling) back also had more songwriting input that Andrew liked.
What songs did Chris bring? Arms probably (?) which is a good one, the Miserlou cover I found abysmal and I think they never got a great guitar sound for the old tracks like Amphetamine Logic, FALAA etc in recent years but that may also be how Eldritch wanted it.
Looking forward to the new guy.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #17  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
Word I heard was that Chris didn't want to do a Sisters tour until next year, because of commitments to the Other Band, but Von wasn't willing to wait, so hence he's not doing this tour. Is it permanent? Don't know.

Good point. He wouldn't be the first guitarists to leave for some time and return later. If he really shouldn't want to play with The Sisters anymore, that's fully understandable. With time, it has become ever less of a challenge ... Anyway, I'm looking forward to all that is to come. A little change won't do no harm ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ...

copper wrote:
[...] ...big respect for Chris for all he's done for the band over the years. Quick math suggests Chris clocked up as many years of service as Mr Whammy and, with Ben, maintained the steadiest lineup in the bands history. Add up all he's done over the years, starting with making the live gear more transportable, and you have a big reason why the band continues to exist to this day.

Thank you and good luck, Chris, you did all you could and then some.

Fully seconded... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chris is a sweetheart and will be missed. At this point in the game, I don't think anything is going to make much of a difference. Happy for him if he's found greener grass Smile
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone else to do the increasingly prominent backing vocals?

Good luck Chris, see you in Halifax
splintered thing

PostPost #20  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh poo. He is such a lovely chap. Hope things are good with and without him.

Will be a very interesting tour indeed....
jost 7

PostPost #21  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At least there is a replacement it seems. Some things will improve, some will not. As always since late 83.
Just dont bring in metal guy. Robert smith is on tour also, damn
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #22  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No No No, if i ain't official, it ain't happening! 😁
See?
http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/gen/biog.htm
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2019 June 22 Clisson France Hell Fest

20 days to know about this Flying Bat!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #24  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jost 7 wrote:
At least there is a replacement it seems. Some things will improve, some will not. As always since late 83.
Just dont bring in metal guy. Robert smith is on tour also, damn

Pat Metheny?
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #25  Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

czuczu wrote:
At this point in the game, I don't think anything is going to make much of a difference.

Fair point, the Sisters have lasted far longer than anyone expected, partly by turning into a successful pure nostalgia act the last 10 years (no criticism, especially not of Chris, just a matter of fact).
My faint hope is that we can now turn back the clock to at least 2009 when Arms was premiered and lyrics to Far Parade published - after that, any development has stopped completely. At least one new song, or even Far Parade, would be great to hear.
Although given that nostalgia is more successful I'm not holding my breath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: