Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Nephilim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Nephilim Reply with quote Back to top

Morning. Anybody heading to the Nephs? Doing Glasgow, Leeds and Nottingham (despite the best efforts of Flybe to disrupt it!) Very Happy
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glasgow Cool
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #3  Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Leeds, Notts
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
Glasgow Cool

Aye, be a wee bit of a problem if you weren't! Laughing
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i only saw them once and wasnt -how shall we put it- in a mood conducive to appreciating them. in fact i got thrown out after 5 minutes of throwing (fortunately badly aimed) newcastle brown bottles at them (i wasnt actually chucking them at the band i was throwing them at my mate neil who was being a big blouse on someones shoulders but the bouncers didn't lnow that to be fair.) i'd only gone to see the Hunters Club whose guestlist i was on and who were supporting, thinking as i did then that the nephs were a huge pile of steaming plagiarism in a light dusting of Homeprides finest.
however with hindsight i have to say the first 2 albums are very good. also that Nods is one of the finest and most underrated drummers ever.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Leeds
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Leeds as well.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
Glasgow Cool
Smile Where's a good pub near the Barrowlands he said sat in a bar near the Barrowlands! Wink
SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Leeds and Nottingham but you knew that. Hope you have a good one tonight Cool
limur

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
...also that Nods is one of the finest and most underrated drummers ever.

Agreed We are not worthy!

I'm at Rock Sticky, probably wearing a Desensitised T-shirt...

Say "Hi" if you see me Laughing

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm passing this time. Having seen the Nephs twice, in 2011 and 2017 they were frustratingly average both times. Sound was dire both times, at the Forum 2017 it was fantastic to see Tony Pettit back on bass - and Darkcell and Vet being in the setlist were nice suprises - but whoever else is in the band these days just has none of the subtlety and magic interplay apparent in recordings of the original lineup. Seeing them butcher Celebrate (a track that should take the air out of my lungs in the right state of mind) the second time was just painful. The Girls at the Roundhouse only a month or two prior were so much better in comparison.
zaltys7

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone been to any of these gigs? I'm finding it frustratingly difficult to find any kind of reviews or information anywhere. Apart from YouTube videos of course.

Thanks.
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quite a few; Scardy had very good things to say on FB, and overall they do appear to have been good shows for the Nephs fan.

Me, I'm more of a Nephs casual, but I probably would have gone if circumstances at the time had been different. But I will say that I found them very enjoyable last year, and by all accounts this year was better.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #14  Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They were stonking. And better night in night...
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, good last year and better this year, at Leeds anyway. Sound was very good as was Carl's voice-no straining or bum notes that I heard. Only slight gripe would be a bit more variation on the setlist.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zaltys7 wrote:
has anyone been to any of these gigs? I'm finding it frustratingly difficult to find any kind of reviews or information anywhere. Apart from YouTube videos of course.

Thanks.

Went to Glasgow, Leeds and Nottingham. Lots of fun. Really great shows in particular Nottingham. Mostly traditional sets though sadly from my perspective no Psychonaut for some reason. But brilliant nights were had with lots of nice people. Very Happy
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gloaters!
zaltys7

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone, I was unable to attend any of them.

Not being on Facebook etc. seems to be hindering me in a lot of ways but I don't really care to be honest Very Happy
limur

PostPost #19  Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had low expectations, but they were great

https://youtu.be/35TYsAATImk

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #20  Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

limur wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
...also that Nods is one of the finest and most underrated drummers ever.

Agreed We are not worthy!

I'm at Rock Sticky, probably wearing a Desensitised T-shirt...

Surprised Surprised Surprised
Desensitised ? Hope the weather improves later for the Cricks fest . It's pissing down at the moment here in Kirkby. But I'm sure you know this.
I went to Leeds and Rock City. Really enjoyed both although I'm not a fan of the Leeds venue. The sound was really good both nights and the set list was pretty good as well. The only gripe was the guitarists who seemed to be wearing cowboy hats as if they were a uniform rather than actually wanting to wear them, especially the tall one who seemed to want to be Uncle Wayne but without the ability or stage presence.
The big difference as a Sisters one though was how high Carl's voice was in the mix. The gig itself was nice and loud and his voice dominated the songs, rather than hiding behind them.

we fall to rise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: