Sisters crazy cross stitches!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Some of you may know I do a bit of cross stitching, and i've made a few Sisters pieces before.

The latest tour inspired me to do yet another one! (crazy cross stitch lady! :twisted: :P :lol: )

Just a bit of fun but I thought it would be nice to feature Ben, Dylan and Dave too, they've done an awesome job on this tour!

I put a pic on social media but thought i'd stick some in here to show you some of the stuff i do in my spare time
- you probably all think i'm mad and maybe i should have put this in the 'Joke Of The Day' thread instead! Oh well!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

2 observations.

1. Von looks his age in the current one. Given the medium used, that's quite some going.

2. These should be on sale in the official online store. You'd be busy, I'm sure.

:notworthy:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Am I awful for mis-assuming and taking the "new" MR logo as being an overhead view of current Von?

Well, in my defence, it is the view I have of most people :lol:

Seriously, well done Charlie x
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Tinker
Road Kill

They're amazing, Charlie!
Monstrous hell bride.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

you selling?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

They are fcuking brilliant & I think they deserve a place in Sisters chat.

:notworthy:

& they should be in the store too
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Omg, thank you all! :oops: :oops: :D :kiss:
emilystrange wrote:you selling?
I still sell the patterns for the Andrew one and the 2 logos, for anyone who wants to stitch their own.

As for actual finished pieces, i used to do commissions but they take so long to do, so i stopped.
I could maybe think about doing some again if people were interested?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i am! stitching it myself might be a disaster
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i am! stitching it myself might be a disaster
It's just a small needle, what can possibly go wrong! :lol:

And OMG Dylan liked it and said it was awesome!!!!!!!

;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy:
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think they are f**king amazing and would buy the "Von through the Ages" one in a heartbeat.

Thanks. :notworthy:
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I've just noticed Von's cig :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:I've just noticed Von's cig :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Yeah, the pics don't show the details as well as the real thing, it's really hard to get decent pics of cross stitch, plus i have a crappy old phone! :lol:

I'm really not good at selling myself - i always think i'm bothering people!

But if anyone really is interested in buying a piece, it's best to contact me through my Etsy site where i sell the patterns, just send me a message there and i can see about pricings/ timings etc for commissions. :D

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StitchFusion
Pista
Cureboi

Oh my. I never saw that until you said :notworthy: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote: Image
... :lol: :lol: ... hihi, that looks absolutely lovely !!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... even The Doktor is in it ... ;D :lol: ...

If you're selling the pattern again, I'll definitely order one again, soo pretty... ;D ...
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

These are totally amazing! You are so incredibly talented - brilliant work!
I would completely buy one, not sure if I could stitch my own though.... I am always keen to support other creative folks ;)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Game Of Thrones bogs, Doom, Commodore 64s, Skyrim, Doctor Who Space Invaders.

Charlie I could wax lyrical about your impeccable spheres of influence, but that's before I started checking the details of the Retro Heart one. Ancipital, Mutant Camels (Llamasoft are still my favourite software company, Polybius on the PS4 is as mindblowing as you'd imagine), the dude out of Chuckie Egg, Atic Atac & those symbiotic dudes from the other Ultimate game whose name I can't recall, Horace, Miner Willy and even Atari ET.

Magnificent beyond belief :notworthy:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Game Of Thrones bogs, Doom, Commodore 64s, Skyrim, Doctor Who Space Invaders.

Charlie I could wax lyrical about your impeccable spheres of influence, but that's before I started checking the details of the Retro Heart one. Ancipital, Mutant Camels (Llamasoft are still my favourite software company, Polybius on the PS4 is as mindblowing as you'd imagine), the dude out of Chuckie Egg, Atic Atac & those symbiotic dudes from the other Ultimate game whose name I can't recall, Horace, Miner Willy and even Atari ET.

Magnificent beyond belief :notworthy:

Yes, i am quite the geek! :lol:
Love my retro gaming - well i don't actually own a Commodore or Amiga anymore :cry: but one day maybe i'll get them back when i win the lottery! :lol:
(and yes, i had to get ET on there, he gets so much stick, he's so bad he needed to be on there!)

You sir though, are even more of a legend, you have made my day! ;D

Thank you all AGAIN for your positive and encouraging comments, you are all awesome!
I've added the new band PDF pattern to the shop for anyone brave enough to stitch their own!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/7569093 ... ve_1&pro=1

And there's 10% off at the moment for all them there black friday thingymabobs! ;D :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Black Friday....... :bat: :bat:

Milk it
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Black Friday....... :bat: :bat:

Milk it
Oh yeah, i never even thought of it like that! D'oh!

:lol: :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

I'll claim my 0.0000000001% during May in Leeds :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:Yes, i am quite the geek! :lol:
Love my retro gaming - well i don't actually own a Commodore or Amiga anymore :cry: but one day maybe i'll get them back when i win the lottery! :lol:
(and yes, i had to get ET on there, he gets so much stick, he's so bad he needed to be on there!)
Emulators are your friend! Barely a week goes by without loading up the Commodore emulator on my lappie and blasting the f**k out of a load of weird things as a leapy Mutant Camel hellbent on revenge, or spitting at the invading Zzyaxian arachnoids as a Metagalactic Llama ;D I was a Vic-20 kid but mates had spectrums, C64s etc.

Honestly I can't recommend Polybius enough. If you have a PS4 then a) let me know, I'll send you my PSN-ID (which is the title of a Llamasoft game) but mainly b) buy Polybius, it's dirt cheap and is basically retro gaming on a modern system. If Silent Hill 2 or Shadow Of The Colossus didn't exist it'd be my favourite game ever made. If you don't own a PS4, buy it for PC, I think I'm right in saying it's been given a PC release fairly recently. It's VRable on PS4 but sticking a bucket on my head as a means of entertainment doesn't appeal, as anyone who's seen the Dredd movie would surely concur.

The Chuckie Egg dude though, ahhhh no words required 8)

Anyway yes, sorry that's meandering close to a thread derail.
mh
Above the Chemist

These are awesome! My flabber is gasted. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

I love the zips on his "knee pockets" too! Amazing stuff. :D
ruffers
Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote:I think they are f**king amazing and would buy the "Von through the Ages" one in a heartbeat.

So would I, these are great Charlie.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Honestly I can't recommend Polybius enough. If you have a PS4 then a) let me know, I'll send you my PSN-ID (which is the title of a Llamasoft game) but mainly b) buy Polybius, it's dirt cheap and is basically retro gaming on a modern system. If Silent Hill 2 or Shadow Of The Colossus didn't exist it'd be my favourite game ever made. If you don't own a PS4, buy it for PC, I think I'm right in saying it's been given a PC release fairly recently. It's VRable on PS4 but sticking a bucket on my head as a means of entertainment doesn't appeal, as anyone who's seen the Dredd movie would surely concur.
I don't have a PS4 or any console, briefly had a PS2 and an Xbox at one point, i love my PC gaming! but i think Polybius is on Steam. . .
And yeah, i love first person gaming, but VR, nah, i don't fancy that either.
There's a new Half-Life game just been announced . . . VR only :evil:

ruffers wrote:
zaltys7 wrote:I think they are f**king amazing and would buy the "Von through the Ages" one in a heartbeat.

So would I, these are great Charlie.
Send me a message through Etsy if you are interested (should be a 'contact seller' bit somewhere) and i can look into pricings/timings for commissions, no pressure, just popping it out there for anyone if they want to have a look. :D
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StitchFusion

I got a message from Dylan saying they all loved the cross stitch and he hoped i would be able to make it to the gig and would love to meet me!

I would love to think that Andrew has somehow seen it and approves, that would make me so happy!

I'm sure Dylan was just being nice and polite but it was still a lovely thing to say and he didn't have to do that, so that meant a lot to me!

:D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: