Where are you off to? Enquiring minds need to know

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

2024 you say? One more 2023 with PWEI tomorrow at Old Woollen Farsley, then here's 2024 so far with a 3 or 4 new ones in there -

13/1 Antenna "Alternative"Fest Farsley incl Diamond Black and Virgin Marys, and Lene Lovich
8/2 Stewart Lee Leeds
10/2 Ladyhawke Leeds
23/2 Dub Pistols Brudenell
26/2 Esprit d'Air and Diamond Black Leeds Warehouse
2/3 Big Country Leeds Beckett
22/3 Echo & The Bunnymen Academy Leeds
19/5 Barry Manilow Co-op Live Manchester
24/5 Blancmange Brudenell
28/6 Underworld Halifax Piece Hall
13/9 Goldie Lookin' Chain Brudenell
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

A couple still for 2023,

12/12 Darkness Manchester
15/12 Dub Pistols Lancaster

19/01 Lottery Winners Manchester
31/01 Ist Ist Preston....At the world famous Ferret....!!!!
29/02 Emma Kenny-death Cults Lancaster
23/03 John Robb Chorley...??
26/05 John Lydon Burnley
30/09 The The Manchester
1/2/3/ 11 Whitby Goth Festival Acts to be announced.

Shaping up to be another good year.
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Besides January's Antenna Fest (The VirginMarys, Diamond Black, Skeletal Family, others) and February's Sisters Members Dayjob Fest (Esprit D'Air and Diamond Black) at Leeds Warehouse, we're now also going to enjoy the puppet show at the Brudenell in March, where The VirginMarys will be supporting Ugly Kid Joe. 5 minutes walk from door to door, perfect. I wonder if Mr Catalyst had anything to do with securing his new mates a slot on tour with his existing mates? Either way, very nice indeed 8) :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i'm going to see The Smurphs iin Leicester in february it seems. Coolio big lazy-arse. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Antenna at Farsley tomorrow. Would be nice to see some sort of timing schedule though it's likely just a case of 'they'll be on when they're on'. We'll see you there @ruffers :D :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 12:02 Antenna at Farsley tomorrow. Would be nice to see some sort of timing schedule though it's likely just a case of 'they'll be on when they're on'. We'll see you there @ruffers :D :notworthy:
I'll be there, not sure what time I'll be getting there though, and I have a match to watch. Presumably there's a pub close by to watch it.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 13:22
Planet Dave wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 12:02 Antenna at Farsley tomorrow. Would be nice to see some sort of timing schedule though it's likely just a case of 'they'll be on when they're on'. We'll see you there @ruffers :D :notworthy:
I'll be there, not sure what time I'll be getting there though, and I have a match to watch. Presumably there's a pub close by to watch it.
I'm sure there's a couple on the high street. Who's on? We're just checking what time 508 to get up to Farsley, only to discover that the 508 to Farsley no longer exists. WTF? If I'd known that I wouldn't have bought tickets for a gig somewhere that's essentially fkng impossible to get to. Hmm.
ruffers
Overbomber

Lene Lovich - 9pm - 10 / 10-30pm

Virgin Mary’s - 7-45 - 8-30

Skeletal Family - 6-30pm - 7-15

Diamond Black - 5-30 - 6pm

DSM IV - 4.30 - 5pm

Chased By Machines 3.30pm - 4pm

Doors 2pm
sultan2075
Overbomber

Swans in DC, come April. That's all that's on my radar right now.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

That's pretty decent, no realistic option but to taxi it so we'll be there before Ben's lot and taxi home after Virgin Mary's. See you in sunny Farsley at some point this evening Paul :D oh and I've seen the footy already, Newcastle win 8 nil so no need to worry about that :innocent: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ahh Farsley.

Say hello to Choque for me <3

(That nice Mr. Marx doesn't live far from there either... )
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ruffers
Overbomber

And a pleasant evening was had by all..
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 00:41 And a pleasant evening was had by all..
Yup :D good vibes all round, now handling the after-effects of 45 minutes ferocious headbanging. Cheers for that Virgin Marys :lol: :notworthy: shame they didn't bring any swag with them for sale, they'd have made a pretty penny just from us two. Ah well, maybe at the Brudenell in March.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 23:03
ruffers wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 13:22
I'm sure there's a couple on the high street. Who's on? We're just checking what time 508 to get up to Farsley, only to discover that the 508 to Farsley no longer exists. WTF? If I'd known that I wouldn't have bought tickets for a gig somewhere that's essentially fkng impossible to get to. Hmm.
For next time, there is a great pub just up the road. They even arranged for United to beat Citeee. Pudsey railway station is a doable walk. If you hadn't discounted that? Short cut through the housing estate too
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

wait, the 508 is no longer a thing?

oh man, end of an era.

farsley hasn't been the same since i left, they closed tradex, and farsley celtic collapsed the first time
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 13:16 wait, the 508 is no longer a thing?

oh man, end of an era.

farsley hasn't been the same since i left, they closed tradex, and farsley celtic collapsed the first time
Sounds like the npc's from Bloodborne ... 'it's all your fault .... this town's finished .... beast!' :lol:

It took me a good half hour to make sense of what I was looking at on the wymetro site. Binned it last March apparently. I'd got the 508 up to Ethan's place in Shelf several times in 2022 and thought 'ah so this is Farsley', and had no thoughts regarding getting there at the weekend beyond wondering which one to get. You can get the 16 from town but it doesn't go anywhere near Kirkstall Rd so no use to us. As it happens much of Leeds centre and around was gridlocked much of Saturday so we did well to get there at all. Glad we did, was a nice evening with Virginmarys as cherry on top. Danny Drum Destroyer is Red, it transpires, bonus points right there :twisted: :lol: Ruffers got a great pic of him and Ben 8)
eastmidswhizzkid

@Planet Dave @ruffers was Lene Lovitch good? i had the biggest crush on her back in the day: proto-goth chick looks wise.

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 07:57 @Planet Dave @ruffers was Lene Lovitch good? i had the biggest crush on her back in the day: proto-goth chick looks wise.
Soz Brother, we're not the people to ask, she wasn't on our radar at all, left after the VirginMarys. We did start to watch a recent live vid on yt beforehand, which confirmed that she wasn't our cup of tea.
eastmidswhizzkid

fair do's. her 1 hit wonder-dom was waaaaay back in about 1979 i reckon when pop music was pap muzak tbh. Ya cant help who you wanna shag tho innit . ;D

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Quiff Boy wrote: 13 Jan 2024, 16:15 Ahh Farsley.

Say hello to Choque for me <3

(That nice Mr. Marx doesn't live far from there either... )
and there our mighty ruler arises fromwinith the ashes...
howzit QB long time no see 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid

Ghost Dance -:Leicester Firebug 20th April :von:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Not quite a PLYC-fulfilment night, but close, ish, we're off to the Home of The Hitmen that is Leeds Warehouse tomorrow (Monday) evening to see two Sisters doing their other band stuff.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

The Chameleons acoustic set in Manchester tomorrow.
ruffers
Overbomber

Tonight was going to be Diamond Black and Esprit d'Air along with Dave and Charlie at the Warehouse, but mrs ruffers has booked us in for a bit of Radio 4 style comedy action with I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue at Leeds Grand Theatre. To be fair I've seen Diamond Black already and am not that fussed about Esprit d'Air so Radio 4 it is.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

After much deliberation I'm putting on my brave pants and going, alone, to Esprit D'Air/Diamond Black tomorrow in Glasgow :eek:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!