Book: Waiting For Another War

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

@panzerfaust I too am curious to know what exactly got you banned from farcebook groups & "anywhere" else.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I was hoping to gently coax the review out of them, to see for ourselves what 'non-absolutely positive' translated as. 'The writer of this book needs shooting' or somesuch, at a guess. Reckon they've been put off now though. Ah well.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 14:49 I was hoping to gently coax the review out of them, to see for ourselves what 'non-absolutely positive' translated as. 'The writer of this book needs shooting' or somesuch, at a guess. Reckon they've been put off now though. Ah well.
ah ok sorry. my bad. on the good side, if thats the case, its nice to know a straight-forward plainly-spoken threat still has some effect. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

haha very funny.

nope i learned my lesson that time and not gonna repeat it. but as seen, you can make it up yourself so please go ahead

so from that time i dont bother anyone online with my opinion of current lineup

only thing i recall is somebody asking which of the two books to buy.
i replied that one is america centered and has a lot of gossip and questionable lyrics interpretations.
somebody replied "are you talking about my husband"
to which i said nothin probably gave a thumbs up idk whos whos husband.

few months later i found im banned

and yes back in the days before release of all three books i complained about the postage to europe being excessive. that already prompted the author to refund me back my pre order and basically deny me to buy it off him. shoulda have taken notes. i didnt. i already got warning from the moderator for this act that i must not complain. so i didnt.

look where it got me.
panzerfaust

as said. i do not deny the authors right to deny his book to anyone he wants. its his full right no matter the reasons.
what i dont get is being kicked without a memo. but hey, im pretty sure theres a perspective where im just ungrateful and deserve it all, because i said somthing in the past
Being645
Above the Chemist

Sounds like a chain of misunderstandings to me somewhat based on say cultural differences ... :wink: ... hope you've received a copy by now ... :?: ...
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thought I'd check in to HL and found this going on. Man, I love all you guys.

This guy's story is not accurate.

I edited this post so hopefully it won't derail the thread.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

bismarck wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 17:20 Thought I'd check in to HL and found this going on. Man, I love all you guys.

This guy's story is not accurate.

I edited this post so hopefully it won't derail the thread.
Thread derailment used to be almost compulsory here on HL. :twisted:
A very Happy New Year to you, Caroline and the boys. XX
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 19:58 Thread derailment used to be almost compulsory here on HL. :twisted:
A very Happy New Year to you, Caroline and the boys. XX
Thanks Lee, to you too!
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
panzerfaust

great, post screenshots then.

otherwise i can hardly stand corrected. id be glad to.

still a lovely experience not being even told anything or have a chance to explain or excuse. lol.
Pista
Cureboi

panzerfaust wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 23:28 great, post screenshots then.

otherwise i can hardly stand corrected. id be glad to.

still a lovely experience not being even told anything or have a chance to explain or excuse. lol.
*Mod hat on*

If you & @bismarck have had a disagreement on an entirely different platform, then would you both please, for all our sakes, take it back there? Or, better still, kiss & make up.
Not having access to said farcebook group, I don't know what all this is about &, to be completely honest, I couldn't care less.
Either take it back there or somewhere else rather than squabbling on Heartland.
Thank you.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
gjh
Road Kill

Long time no post on this thread....

What the current status of the book? I need to replace my copy (and I won't be lending it out this time) but the website looks like it hasn't had an update in forever. Anyone know if there are still copies of the third print run?