"Sisters, 2022 edition'

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

Todashi wrote: 16 Apr 2022, 12:46 Also, just occured to me that if we're indulging in the fantasy of them recording these tracks, there's no reason why Crash & Burn and Summer couldn't find their way in there too.

(I've never bought the nonsense about copyright etc, unless the people involved in writing those tracks actively spitefully hate Von and wouldn't give permission for them to be published, I don't see why they wouldn't want a writing credit on a new sisters album.)
I'd love to see C&B, Slept, and Summer included in the Wishful Release. With the raft of 'new' music going back to the early 2000s to the new swath, i honestly think it'd be the 2nd strongest sisters album.
Gethz
Road Kill

DJW wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 09:57 Hello - first post here having been reading with interest for years (and scraping MP3s from YouTube for the last few!).

Great thread and agree with the above. The "new album" I've curated (thanks Mr. Blonde!) is as follows:

1. Crash and Burn (too good not to be included, and a banger of an opener. Would definitely add female BVs to the chorus)
2. Don't Drive on Ice
3. I will Call You (concluding an opening sequence of three rockier numbers)
4. Show Me (this would get the Jim Steinman-esque treatment, and have female BVs - A.A. Williams maybe?)
5. Six Ways to Sunday (sitting in the same relative position as 1959 and Something Fast)

6. When I'm on Fire (also a big production needed here with BVs - and a corker to open Side 2 if on vinyl)
7. But Genevieve (possible instrumental segue into the next track)
8. We Are The Same Suzanne
9. Here (another epic production needed - this is already a classic in my view)
10. Black Sail (with extended Ben outro solo, and female BVs)

This has a running time of 38 minutes as things stand, but there's certainly room to lengthen a couple of the tracks. Could we argue a case to include Arms (complete with More-like thrash cello) or Still? Quite possibly.

I've left out Better Reptile as it didn't feel properly finished. Ditto Kickline (obviously still arguing about the words). And Instrumental 86 is just the musical accompaniment to a well earned cigarette break after all...
Add me to the list of "just take my money now" for such an album.

Never will understand why one new song was released on the website, yet all others remain limited to fans Youtube videos. Surely we could have had or maybe 2 per year cycled onto the website?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Gethz wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 10:21
DJW wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 09:57 Hello - first post here having been reading with interest for years (and scraping MP3s from YouTube for the last few!).

Great thread and agree with the above. The "new album" I've curated (thanks Mr. Blonde!) is as follows:

1. Crash and Burn (too good not to be included, and a banger of an opener. Would definitely add female BVs to the chorus)
2. Don't Drive on Ice
3. I will Call You (concluding an opening sequence of three rockier numbers)
4. Show Me (this would get the Jim Steinman-esque treatment, and have female BVs - A.A. Williams maybe?)
5. Six Ways to Sunday (sitting in the same relative position as 1959 and Something Fast)

6. When I'm on Fire (also a big production needed here with BVs - and a corker to open Side 2 if on vinyl)
7. But Genevieve (possible instrumental segue into the next track)
8. We Are The Same Suzanne
9. Here (another epic production needed - this is already a classic in my view)
10. Black Sail (with extended Ben outro solo, and female BVs)

This has a running time of 38 minutes as things stand, but there's certainly room to lengthen a couple of the tracks. Could we argue a case to include Arms (complete with More-like thrash cello) or Still? Quite possibly.

I've left out Better Reptile as it didn't feel properly finished. Ditto Kickline (obviously still arguing about the words). And Instrumental 86 is just the musical accompaniment to a well earned cigarette break after all...
Add me to the list of "just take my money now" for such an album.

Never will understand why one new song was released on the website, yet all others remain limited to fans Youtube videos. Surely we could have had or maybe 2 per year cycled onto the website?
Effort :von:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Eldritch is only going to release a new album if it's going to be bigger than Floodland or Vision Thing
=> Eldritch will never release a new album

He only released "Susanne" because promoters were refusing to book gigs without "new product"
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Can we add Eyes of Caligula please?

I'll expect it in the shops by June
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

I wonder what will become of all the "rehearsal" recordings of all the new songs in the future. It'd be cool to at least get those in some form, maybe with some light mastering.
:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von:
czuczu
Overbomber

I've not seen any evidence of rehearsals. :twisted:
afroheadwes
Road Kill

There are probably other songs but I always made my “new Sisters 2022 album” sequence to be similar to their setlists. So it would look something like this:

1. But Genevieve
2. Don’t drive on ice
3. There’s a door
4. I will call you
5. Kickline
6. She’s a monster
7. Show me
8. Eyes of Caligula
9. Six ways to Sunday
10. Black sail
11. Better reptile
12. Instrumental
13. On the beach
14. When I’m on fire
15. Here

We still have Are we going to be bad, Just Aching, We are on this plane, Left on venom and revenge, Quantum baby, The second song of Moses and Ray Ray to add as well
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

We still have Are we going to be bad, Just Aching, We are on this plane, Left on venom and revenge, Quantum baby, The second song of Moses and Ray Ray to add as well
And Far Parade ...
[repeat x40]
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

kafka wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 18:26
And Far Parade ...
And another 20 unnamed songs according to Von during a recent interview...
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop