Acid On The Floor: Live At Melkweg Amsterdam

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
visionthing
Road Kill

Seems there will be a new vinyl available.
Looks pretty unoffical, but is sold via JPC which is one of the most popular german vinyl dealers.
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail ... /11427596
Also found it here:
https://vintagevinyl.com/UPC/637913854569
To be released in May 23
mh
Above the Chemist

Ah, I thought this seemed familiar.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25067

It's done the rounds as a pseudo-official release a few times before. I wouldn't read anything into it this time.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sharedgum
Road Kill

I bought this record at a very reputable local record store that does not carry bootlegs. It is now available through all the major websites. Of course, this doesn't mean that the band had anything to do with this release, and maybe it still is a semi-bootleg, I don't know. This was a revelation to me, since I did not have any unofficial recordings of this show. If I am comparing this to typical audience recordings that are out there, then this soundboard recording sounds phenomenal. But in comparison to professionally recorded live shows, this is not as good - it's a bit uneven. Nonetheless, I would definitely recommend it - I had not owned any recordings of Ghost Rider / Sister Ray, and that plus a great rendition of Gimme Shelter make this a worthwhile purchase, especially because it is not that expensive in the US.
MoBetaBlues
Road Kill

sharedgum wrote: 26 May 2023, 00:18 I bought this record at a very reputable local record store that does not carry bootlegs. It is now available through all the major websites. Of course, this doesn't mean that the band had anything to do with this release, and maybe it still is a semi-bootleg, I don't know. This was a revelation to me, since I did not have any unofficial recordings of this show. If I am comparing this to typical audience recordings that are out there, then this soundboard recording sounds phenomenal. But in comparison to professionally recorded live shows, this is not as good - it's a bit uneven. Nonetheless, I would definitely recommend it - I had not owned any recordings of Ghost Rider / Sister Ray, and that plus a great rendition of Gimme Shelter make this a worthwhile purchase, especially because it is not that expensive in the US.
thanks for your review! shall have to find this one :D
sharedgum
Road Kill

MoBetaBlues wrote: 08 Jul 2023, 08:07
sharedgum wrote: 26 May 2023, 00:18 I bought this record at a very reputable local record store that does not carry bootlegs. It is now available through all the major websites. Of course, this doesn't mean that the band had anything to do with this release, and maybe it still is a semi-bootleg, I don't know. This was a revelation to me, since I did not have any unofficial recordings of this show. If I am comparing this to typical audience recordings that are out there, then this soundboard recording sounds phenomenal. But in comparison to professionally recorded live shows, this is not as good - it's a bit uneven. Nonetheless, I would definitely recommend it - I had not owned any recordings of Ghost Rider / Sister Ray, and that plus a great rendition of Gimme Shelter make this a worthwhile purchase, especially because it is not that expensive in the US.
thanks for your review! shall have to find this one :D
Sure, hope you enjoy it!!