If The Sisters of Mercy made another album, what songs would you want to be on it?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
villiersterrace
Road Kill

We know a lot of the unreleased songs, maybe all of them I am not sure. For me, I would want Show Me to be on there. I apologize if this has been asked before.
GC
Slight Overbomber

I woud be very happy with an EP : But Genevieve, Crash and Burn, Suzanne, Summer and But Genevieve (reprise as an outro)
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

She's a monster
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
barbaralesz
Road Kill

:bat: On the Beach; We are the Same, Susanne; Here; Eyes of Calligula; Don't Drive on Ice; I Will Call You, When I'm On fire. Many, I guess, but I like them all :) :bat:
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
sultan2075
Overbomber

All of 'em, honestly. I love the new-new stuff, but I'd very specifically love to hear studio versions of War on Drugs and Come Together.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
fractalsister
Road Kill

Only songs from the current era, as IMO it would make a more coherent sound.

The older unreleased songs can be released on the quick follow-up album to capitalize on the first one's success :)
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

STILL
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Suzanne, Summer, Crash and Burn, Will I Dream
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Don't Drive on Ice
Better Reptile
Suzanne
Crash and Burn
She's a Monster
On the Beach
But Genevieve
Romeo Down
Good Things
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Jeremiah wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 23:55 Don't Drive on Ice
Better Reptile
Suzanne
Crash and Burn
She's a Monster
On the Beach
But Genevieve
Romeo Down
Good Things
man i really wish they'd play better reptile again, such a banger, probably one of my favorite songs from the new lineup, but appears that it will forever remain unfinished and unrefined. :(
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
maggieloveshopey
Road Kill

I'd love to have proper recordings of Eyes Of Caligula, Here, But Genevieve, Crash & Burn, Don't Drive On Ice, Black Sail, On The Beach, War On Drugs and When I'm On Fire. Suzanne would be be nice, but the website version is decent enough. If we had all the others in that quality without Von spending months overdubbing and rerecording I'd be happy
Dr. Moody

Bandcamp release, "Sisters Unreleased Live Archive", 1993-2023, 50 tracks from the soundboard finished to Suzanne/Ribbons live levels.
Failing that

On the Beach
There's a Door
Black Sail
Show Me
When I'm On Fire

She's A Monster
Genevieve
I will Call You
Caligula
Here
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

trying to stay within the bounds of possibility (even whilst discussing the never-gonna-happen-ness of a new Sisters album!) i dont expect any of the old-new songs (Summer, Crash And Burn et al) -nothing to do with Adam Pearson as Vons co-writing credits give him as much claim to those songs as Mr Whammy & also ANYONE can record ANYONE ELSES songs without permission, but because Vons voice wont cut it . Yes there are lots of studio tricks you could use to mask that but why bother? You may as well have some no-mark darkling on sodium hexaflouride recording OUR songs and releasing them on spittify. :urff:

So: all the Dylan era songs (the new-new songs) recorded in the studio with Andrew singing as these are written in for vocal register of the older Eldo.

AND

The perfectly acceptable live recordings of the Mr Whammy era songs that we know exist like Suzanne. Recordings from when those songs were being performed by the band that wrote them & whilst Eldritchs voice was still top quality. Ffs ive got top quality recordings of those songs that could be polished for release.

AND

THE FUCKING LIVE DVD THAT WE WERE PROMISED BACK WHEN DVDS WERE THE CUTTING EDGE VISUAL MEDIUM !!! come on Andrew you curmudgeonly old avocado-and-amphetamine soaked sausage: that dvd would take NO effort other than watching yourself for a few days. if not, why bother recording it all? I love you man but you are HARD WORK sometimes.

Genevieve as the single, on processed dinosaur fossil as Dog intended. And on a download stream platform that pays the artist. So NOT spotitheives.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
oldmonkey
Road Kill

Side 1
On The Beach
Black Sail
Show Me
But Genevieve
When I'm On Fire

Side 2
Don't Drive On Ice
Eyes Of Caligula
I Will Call You
She's A Monster (or There's A Door)
Here
Firmly in the veteran category these days. First near meth experience was 21/01/1983 upstairs at the Fighting Cocks pub in Moseley, Birmingham. Chalked up 50 odd in the next two years but tend to make it an annual pilgrimage nowadays.
Yggdrasil
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 23:30 So: all the Dylan era songs (the new-new songs) recorded in the studio with Andrew singing as these are written in for vocal register of the older Eldo.
Exactly. Enough great songs to make an awesome album, plus 3-4 singles with 2-3 really good B-sides each.

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 23:30 The perfectly acceptable live recordings of the Mr Whammy era songs that we know exist (...) Ffs ive got top quality recordings of those songs that could be polished for release.
Yup...

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 23:30 THE FUCKING LIVE DVD THAT WE WERE PROMISED BACK WHEN DVDS WERE THE CUTTING EDGE VISUAL MEDIUM !!! come on Andrew you curmudgeonly old avocado-and-amphetamine soaked sausage: that dvd would take NO effort other than watching yourself for a few days. if not, why bother recording it all? I love you man but you are HARD WORK sometimes.
And as he's obviously sitting on hours of pro footage and audio recordings of these shows, all he'd need to do is f**king edit it, run it through some of the video upscalers to take it up to 4K, and we'd have an amazing video album - the audio could of course also be sold separately as well.
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 23:30Genevieve as the single, on processed dinosaur fossil as Dog intended. And on a download stream platform that pays the artist. So NOT spotitheives.
Amen to that - see first comment above.

And of course on "processed dinosaur fossil as Dog intended" - genius :lol:
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

Dr. Moody wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 13:02 Bandcamp release, "Sisters Unreleased Live Archive", 1993-2023, 50 tracks from the soundboard finished to Suzanne/Ribbons live levels.
Dean Garcia from Curve used to - and maybe still does - upload stuff from the Curve archives.

It is not impossible but Von seems to think anticipation and desire are more powerful than release and any risk of disappointment. You could argue that he's right but then why am I getting up at stupid o'clock to go into town for Record Store Day the last couple of years!
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

fractalsister wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 16:20 Only songs from the current era, as IMO it would make a more coherent sound.

The older unreleased songs can be released on the quick follow-up album to capitalize on the first one's success :)
I think this is the correct answer.
DJW
Road Kill

fractalsister wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 16:20 Only songs from the current era, as IMO it would make a more coherent sound.

Greatest Hits Volume 2: A Major Case of Not Bothering
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

DJW wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 23:00

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

DJW wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 23:00

Yup, that's definitely worth a :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or two.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
afroheadwes
Road Kill

I think they have enough to make two now. So here’s the two “new” sisters of mercy albums I have arranged Tobias’ covers (and the missing songs) when I want to hear new Sisters
Album 1
1. Spacetime
2. Crash and Burn
3. Come Together
4. Still
5. Arms
6. Suzanne
7. Summer
8. Slept
9. Will I Dream?
10. War on Drugs
11. Romeo Down
12. Top Nite Out
13. New World Order

Album 2
1. But Genevieve
2. Don’t Drive on Ice
3. There is a door
4. I Will Call You
5. Show Me
6. Better Reptile
7. Instrumental 86
8. She’s a Monster
9. Eyes of Caligula
10. Six ways to Sunday
11. Black Sail
12. Here
13. On The Beach
14. When I’m on Fire
15. Kickline
Gaijin

Those of you that get to see the band have a different appreciation of the new songs. To me they are crap because I only hear them as karaoke recordings from a phone.

If Adam relented I'd buy that album. On vinyl.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

afroheadwes wrote: 07 May 2024, 18:28 I think they have enough to make two now. So here’s the two “new” sisters of mercy albums I have arranged Tobias’ covers (and the missing songs) when I want to hear new Sisters
Album 1
1. Spacetime

13. New World Order

What are these?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Husek

ribbons69 wrote: 07 May 2024, 22:49
afroheadwes wrote: 07 May 2024, 18:28 I think they have enough to make two now. So here’s the two “new” sisters of mercy albums I have arranged Tobias’ covers (and the missing songs) when I want to hear new Sisters
Album 1
1. Spacetime

13. New World Order

What are these?
Spacetime, also known as jungle drums is the intro from 06~11.

When I recorded/produced Crash and Burn with Tobias I put it as an intro too.

New World Order is a song played once in the 90s and nobody recorded it, word on the street is that it was an instrumental with horn/sax melody playing with the Dok drums.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
mh
Above the Chemist

Von mentioned New World Order in an old interview, confirming it is/was a sax-led instrumental.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.