Andrew Eldritch

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
James Blast
Banned

1969, Comfortably Numb, Confide In Me, Emma, Jolene, Louie Louie, Ghostrider, Gimme Shelter, Sister Ray, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around...

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands! WTF!?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Black Planet wrote:What's Andrew given us? Nothing.
Rather provoking.

I dare say The Sisters (not Andrew alone) can't give us something at the moment. And it's not because of the lack of material.

Label? MR? No way, because no world-wide distribution. (Especially US, that's why the EastWest thing came down, IMHO.) For the rest, please refer to GPS 05.

Internet? Free releases? Not with Adam, meaning the songs Mr. Whammy (co-)wrote. But then, the only new track available for download is from a band member who's currently back on the bench.

I don't think it's lazyness... I believe upon signing a deal, we would have that new CD within six to eight months. The thing is, no deal, no need to hurry.

At least they tour the lands quite frequently.

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
James Blast
Banned

We do like a very odd band.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DomConway
Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:We do like a very odd band.
heh, too true 8)
the only thing to fear is fear itself
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

If he had ever given me anything I would keep quiet about it...
Jazz
Road Kill

:innocent:
_emma_
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:1969, Comfortably Numb, Confide In Me, Emma, Jolene, Louie Louie, Ghostrider, Gimme Shelter, Sister Ray, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around...

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands! WTF!?
Speaking of covers... I like to listen to the original versions of these songs immediately followed by their respective Sisters' versions. It always strikes me just how pale and somehow frail the originals seem compared to the covers. Like a nice cute well-maintained domestic cat with a real huge strong wild scary beautiful tiger (do accept my apologies Mugabe and Richey if the order of adjectives is incorrect). Hope some of you share my view, or am I just sick in the head? :? :lol:
Hello Jazz, by the way. Do you like the smell of cinnamon-sprinkled coffee with hard-coal smoke on a frosty morning, by any chance? :)
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:Speaking of covers... I like to listen to the original versions of these songs immediately followed by their respective Sisters' versions. It always strikes me just how pale and somehow frail the originals seem compared to the covers. Like a nice cute well-maintained domestic cat with a real huge strong wild scary beautiful tiger.
Listening to Suicide's "Ghost Rider", pale and frail are not words that immediately spring to mind. Same thing with the original "Sister Ray" and "1969". I see your point, but in many cases I think the comparison between a watchmaker's hammer and a pile-driver would be more suitable than your feline analogy. The pure chugga-chugga-ness of drum machines and overdriven guitars is not necessarily more powerful than Dolly Parton.

"The Sisters could cover anything from Beethoven to The Sex Pistols and make it all sound the same." (free from memory)
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mugabe wrote:"The Sisters could cover anything from Beethoven to The Sex Pistols and make it all sound the same." (free from memory)
With the exception of "Comfortably Numb", which sounds almost identical to the original. If Dave Gilmour had played a wrong note in the solo then so would Adam (Is it Adam who does the solo?)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

markfiend wrote:
mugabe wrote:"The Sisters could cover anything from Beethoven to The Sex Pistols and make it all sound the same." (free from memory)
With the exception of "Comfortably Numb", which sounds almost identical to the original. If Dave Gilmour had played a wrong note in the solo then so would Adam (Is it Adam who does the solo?)
Heard the original on the radio the other day & was amazed how weedy it sounded (your memory does play tricks I suppose). The ( cough) guitar solo may be the same but the overall effect is a lot different - as long as it's without the previously mentioned shrieky backing singers.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Better take discussion of the covers over to http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3751 d'you think? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"... Wayne & co have always been more approchable (Craig at your own peril)... "

--- what is the issue with Craig?
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:what is the issue with Craig?
He's a grumpy Yorkshire lad.

8)
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Black Biscuit wrote:"... Wayne & co have always been more approchable (Craig at your own peril)... "

--- what is the issue with Craig?
He's currently touring the US with The Alarm. I was less than two feet from him the entire gig I was at and he was ok. Until I told him he was really great on AuRa.

*Oh God* was all he said before returning his attention to his bass. It never occurred to me NOT to say something to him, since I think he's fabulous.
dead stars

Andrew Eldritch wanted so much to be left alone that he finally managed that I don't care anymore. He's finally only a picture on the wall. The Sisters are finally a dead band.
I don't care if he talks to us or not, not to mention the gigs and especially the *album*...
I'm beyond Andrew Eldritch.
I'm free!

Happy, Andrew? I wouldn't be. :von:
_emma_
Overbomber

dead stars wrote:I'm beyond Andrew Eldritch.I'm free!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :? :? :cry:
That sums it up really. Anyway, glad you're back. :kiss:
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

He mentioned in an interview from the Vision Thing era something to the effect of "Our fans tend to be very intelligent in general" then told the interviewer that we would understand if they got really popular and started playing bigger venues, etc. I think he has faith in us and just likes to tease. I think he cares, but won't do things he doesn't was to do just for us. I could see him getting in a weird mid-life funk thing, also. Maybe it's like, "Hmm, well, I did the rockstar thing for a while...that was cool...but I want more now and I'll write and record when I get the urge, if ever." He is only man...I think.

I think he assumes we are intelligent enough not to let our lives revolve around him and doesn't let his revolve around us.

This is all IMHO, of course, though I might be repeating others unknowingly.
_emma_
Overbomber

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i spotted that too :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

Does anyone know how he's wearing his hair these days?

I was in Bath yesterday doing the tour of the Roman baths (of course) and there was this guy in my tour group thing that i wish i would've asked if he was AE...there was just something about him. But he's right, no one recognizes him w/no sunglasses, so I could well be wrong.

Anyway, the guy I saw had longish hair (between ears and neck) in a little ponytail and was its natural color (brownish gray)...is AE still bald?

Seriously doubt it was him, but please help if you know because I'm feeling really regretful about not making sure.
vicus

The Pope wrote:Anyway, the guy I saw had longish hair (between ears and neck) in a little ponytail and was its natural color (brownish gray)...is AE still bald?
Last August he looked like this:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

How much can hair grow in one year?

How tall is he? Taller than about 5 foot 6?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

The Pope wrote:How much can hair grow in one year?
about 0.5 inches per month, I think is the usually quoted figure, so 6 inches per year.
The Pope wrote:How tall is he? Taller than about 5 foot 6?
He claimed 5'9" in an interview, I think, but maybe that's in his cuban heels. :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

I'd place him at 5' 3" tops
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:I'd place him at 5' 3" tops
Napoleon complex? :innocent:
—Bertrand Russell