Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Andrew Eldritch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Where are they now?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 05 Feb 2003
Posts: 848
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

PostPost #1  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Andrew Eldritch Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone remember him? he used to be the singer in a great Rock band, who made fantastic records.

He was a great lyricist ans songwriter who made songs that never made sense, but somehow ALWAYS made sense

He gave fabulously witty interviews, and in the horrid late eighties music scene, he made it safe to watch top of the pops. and listen to the radio.

He still has a loyal, devoted following who'd love to hear from him, and who can't wait for a new record.

and yet all we hear is the sound of silence.

So, anyone know what he's up to these days?
_________________
Gazza for England manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Big Si
School Bully


Joined: 19 Nov 2002
Posts: 6484
Location: Glesga Central

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrew Eldritch Reply with quote Back to top

Black Shuck wrote:
Anyone remember him? he used to be the singer in a great Rock band, who made fantastic records.

He was a great lyricist ans songwriter who made songs that never made sense, but somehow ALWAYS made sense

He gave fabulously witty interviews, and in the horrid late eighties music scene, he made it safe to watch top of the pops. and listen to the radio.

He still has a loyal, devoted following who'd love to hear from him, and who can't wait for a new record.

and yet all we hear is the sound of silence.

So, anyone know what he's up to these days?


He toured Europe 5/6 months ago, then he played bass with his mates at a charity gig for FC St Pauli, in Hamburg.

Yes, shucky, we're all eager for a new album, tour, etc. but he's notoriously private and silent about his plans. For me, I'm expecting something in the new year, until then I can wait. You could always email him and give him a piece of your mind. Until then you're as much in the dark as the rest of us. Sad
_________________
"An 'orrible Kant!"

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 15 Apr 2002
Posts: 777
Location: Lisbon

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Andrew Eldritch Reply with quote Back to top

Big Si wrote:
Black Shuck wrote:
Anyone remember him? he used to be the singer in a great Rock band, who made fantastic records.

He was a great lyricist ans songwriter who made songs that never made sense, but somehow ALWAYS made sense

He gave fabulously witty interviews, and in the horrid late eighties music scene, he made it safe to watch top of the pops. and listen to the radio.

He still has a loyal, devoted following who'd love to hear from him, and who can't wait for a new record.

and yet all we hear is the sound of silence.

So, anyone know what he's up to these days?


He toured Europe 5/6 months ago, then he played bass with his mates at a charity gig for FC St Pauli, in Hamburg.

Yes, shucky, we're all eager for a new album, tour, etc. but he's notoriously private and silent about his plans. For me, I'm expecting something in the new year, until then I can wait. You could always email him and give him a piece of your mind. Until then you're as much in the dark as the rest of us. Sad



LOL

New year? What now? A live album? Away with the runours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 24 Nov 2002
Posts: 613
Location: between hot metal...

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a live albumConfused
didnt you read the interviews about a live album? (they already did a live album - no second will come up)
another question:
does anyone know if andrew is informed about this site, especially the weeding section?
if yes, what did he say about it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator


Joined: 25 Jan 2002
Posts: 15532
Location: Mancunia

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jenzi-benzi wrote:
does anyone know if andrew is informed about this site, especially the weeding section?
if yes, what did he say about it?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wierded Out

seriously though, i've thought about this a lot and if he asks me to stop it, thats fair enough and i'll remove the weeding section. no questions asked and no complaints Smile

but until he does, i'll assume he either doesnt know, doesnt mind, or just doesnt care enough to ask me to stop... in which case i'll just leave you all to it for the time being.
_________________
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 24 Nov 2002
Posts: 613
Location: between hot metal...

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ QUIFF: Do you know Von personaly?
I just thought about writing 3 dvds will all my concerts and send them to him, if had a adress to send to....
_________________
Do I drive or am I driven?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator


Joined: 25 Jan 2002
Posts: 15532
Location: Mancunia

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jenzi-benzi wrote:
@ QUIFF: Do you know Von personaly?
I just thought about writing 3 dvds will all my concerts and send them to him, if had a adress to send to....

no.

i gather that eldritch is aware of this site though i dont know to what extent.

certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents (i know this for a fact) but none of them are registered here. that i know of. so far.

it's all 100% unofficial.
_________________
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
James Blast
Banned


Joined: 11 Jun 2003
Posts: 24739
Location: back from some place else

PostPost #8  Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can I just add that Mr. E should change his name to Colin, as in Colin Hunt!
I will be 'Paypal'ing soon once I sort my finances out QB.

many thanks
James Blast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2170

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
jenzi-benzi wrote:
@ QUIFF: Do you know Von personaly?
I just thought about writing 3 dvds will all my concerts and send them to him, if had a adress to send to....

no.

i gather that eldritch is aware of this site though i dont know to what extent.

certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents (i know this for a fact) but none of them are registered here. that i know of. so far.

it's all 100% unofficial.



See, I was right to surmise that Hidden User could/may well be Andrew!

Wink Wink

And if He ever does contact you Quiffy, give himm my e-mail addy!!!!!! Please!!!!!! LOL It wasn't me... Our fearless leader!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hallucienate
Overbomber


Joined: 17 Apr 2002
Posts: 4588
Location: /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Black Planet wrote:
See, I was right to surmise that Hidden User could/may well be Andrew!

but if he has no intention of posting anything why bother logging in at all? You have to log in to become a hidden user, and therefore have to have an account on HL. Being a guest would be far more anonymous.

That said, it could be Von wearing nothing but leather reading BP's posts Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2170

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why would he create an account? He's an arrogant SOB....he'd do it to keep us guessing..just like when he'll next go in the studio!

Wink Sorry Von...if your reading this....LOL nice leather pants luv!~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 662
Location: Avesta

PostPost #12  Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:

certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents

http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
_________________
Vorwärts immer
Rückwärts nimmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2170

PostPost #13  Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mugabe wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents

http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif


Surprised Surprised Surprised

Another Richey James in the making, I see.
Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claws
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 06 Jan 2003
Posts: 148
Location: lost in the drift...

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this
_________________
We are coming down but we will never, never land
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jan
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 18 Jul 2002
Posts: 109
Location: in a corner of a foreign field

PostPost #15  Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

claws wrote:
Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this


Hm, insulting the fans and supporters would be the gravestone on top on their grave, huh? Who should buy the tickets then?

No, I sometimes get the impression that he is sometimes astonished by all the people coming to their gigs, partly from distant lands. Hearing him say "Ihr seid doch verrückt" > "You must be crazy" makes me think so.

I could easily get off into an "where's new music"-rant now... but I'll save it for a few days, and get it posted somewhere Wink

Btw, a big HELLO! to QuiffBoy - remember me from Leeds, last year? Sitting in "The Angel Pub"?

Jan
_________________
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator


Joined: 25 Jan 2002
Posts: 15532
Location: Mancunia

PostPost #16  Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jan wrote:
claws wrote:
Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this


Hm, insulting the fans and supporters would be the gravestone on top on their grave, huh? Who should buy the tickets then?

No, I sometimes get the impression that he is sometimes astonished by all the people coming to their gigs, partly from distant lands. Hearing him say "Ihr seid doch verrückt" > "You must be crazy" makes me think so.

I could easily get off into an "where's new music"-rant now... but I'll save it for a few days, and get it posted somewhere Wink

Btw, a big HELLO! to QuiffBoy - remember me from Leeds, last year? Sitting in "The Angel Pub"?

Jan

indeed i do! weren't you with ez and vanessa?

We are not worthy!
_________________
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
_emma_
Overbomber


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 2015

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

claws wrote:
Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this


Has Sun ever shown any appreciation towards the plants who sprout towards it? Don't you just ask too much Claws? Laughing Laughing Laughing


BTW, hello Jan! Kiss Nice to see you're still alive! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
James Blast
Banned


Joined: 11 Jun 2003
Posts: 24739
Location: back from some place else

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me?
_________________
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karst
Slight Overbomber


Joined: 04 Nov 2002
Posts: 1452
Location: Belfast

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think it must one of the clear differences between the M!sh and the Sisters. Wayne & co have always been more approchable (Craig at your own peril). That also has complications (see the Xmas message from Wayne on the official website). Andrew for probably very good reason seems to cherish his privacy and I for one respect the pint size nut job for it.
_________________
Trade: http://www.tapetrader.com/karst
Art: http://www.whitelabelrecs.info
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jan
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 18 Jul 2002
Posts: 109
Location: in a corner of a foreign field

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
indeed i do! weren't you with ez and vanessa?
We are not worthy!


Yup! Cool I do tell you one thing: I have great memories about the whole Leeds thing, the people, the place, the gigs... Smile

Jan
_________________
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jan
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 18 Jul 2002
Posts: 109
Location: in a corner of a foreign field

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
BTW, hello Jan! Kiss Nice to see you're still alive! Smile


Rolling Eyes Sort of... Smile Nice to see ya again!

Alive? Barely... (read the circle...) Neutral

Jan
_________________
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 662
Location: Avesta

PostPost #22  Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Karst wrote:
That also has complications (see the Xmas message from Wayne on the official website)

What about it?
_________________
Vorwärts immer
Rückwärts nimmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2170

PostPost #23  Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mugabe wrote:
Karst wrote:
That also has complications (see the Xmas message from Wayne on the official website)

What about it?


Wayne's Christmas message was a very nice one. Rather heartfelt even. I think what Karst is getting at is the how fans can complicate things if you get too close them. I think Wayne trys too hard sometimes to please his fans without recieving some love back from them. I think that's why the London gig in October was so important to him....His fans gave back to him.

If you see it some other way Karst, please chime in.

Andrew on the other hand doesn't care.

I like both bands, and respect both Wayne and Andrew. I have to give Wayne credit though...AuRa is awesome, and he's going in the studio for another album next year. I'm looking forward to that one.

What's Andrew given us? Nothing.

Wayne's given us a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator


Joined: 25 Jan 2002
Posts: 15532
Location: Mancunia

PostPost #24  Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Black Planet wrote:
What's Andrew given us?


1959
1969
Adrenochrome
Afterhours
Alice
Anaconda
Black Planet
Blood Money
Body Electric
Body & Soul
Burn
Burn (Early Demo)
Bury Me Deep
Comfortably Numb
Colours
Come Together
Confide In Me
This Corrosion
The Damage Done
Detonation Boulevard
Dominion/Mother Russia
Driven Like the Snow
Driver
Doctor Jeep
Emma
First & Last & Always
Finland Red, Egypt White
Fix
Flood I
Flood II
Floorshow
Garden of Delight
Ghostrider
Gimme Shelter
Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)
Giving Ground
Good Things
He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
Heartland
Home of the Hit-Men
I Was Wrong
Jihad
Jolene
Kiss the Carpet
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Lights
Logic
Long Train
Louie Louie
Lucretia, My Reflection
Marian
More
Neverland
Nine While Nine
No Time to Cry
On the Wire
Poison Door
Possession
Rain from Heaven
Red Skies Disappear
Ribbons
A Rock and a Hard Place
Romeo Down
Sister Ray
Some Kind of Stranger
Something Fast
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Summer
Suzanne
Teachers
Temple of Love
Torch
Train
Under the Gun
Valentine
Vision Thing
Walk Away
War On Drugs
Watch
When You Don't See Me
Wide Receiver
Will I Dream
You Could Be the One

(cheers gary)

Black Planet wrote:
Wayne's given us a lot.


what? "temple of kashmir" and a good story about how blue nun rock stars dont mix?

Twisted Evil It wasn't me...
_________________
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2170

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Black Planet wrote:


What's Andrew given us? Nothing.

Wayne's given us a lot.


ARGH!!!

For QB and all the rest of you who think I'm daft......

Let me put what I said in the context in which it should be taken.

What's Andrew given us LATELY in terms of studio work? Nothing. It's why we are cranky at him and living in some delusional hope he'll enter a studio and give us something.

Wayne issued AurA year before last--all new material. He's going in the studio next year to record again..all new material.

And don't tell me Andrew's done some new songs. I know he has. But It's not the same to sing a new song at a gig and then fail to properly record it.

If it irks some that I give Wayne credit for what he has recorded recently, too bad. I don't care. I was a M*sh fan long before I came to love The Sisters.

And I happen to think his back catalog is pretty damn good too. God's Own Medicine is one hell of an album. BP now sticks her tongue out at all the M*sh haters.


Last edited by Black Planet on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Where are they now? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group  ·  Heartland supports phpBBHacks.com
Theme and Graphics by Quiff Boy, Tim Blackman and those nice people at ibplanet.com