Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Plausible Deniability
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #26  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can beat you on first trip to Leeds Angel, 1981. I shared a flat with a reet Yorksheer Man all the way through art school, I went down to visit him in his stately home town in the hamlet, them as call Armley. Ever since then when I say been to Leeds and stayed in Armley, everyone says 'where the jail is?'

York is where I will retire to... aye oop! wha's gettin' them Tetleys in?

Ah'll si' thi
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #27  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well you have the advantage of being a smidgeon older than me to have been travelling around then and having a groovy time of things Smile Wink
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #28  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In 1980 that was a lotta money.
Ya young whippersnappers, I'll take ma hand off yer jaw!!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #29  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Hares Ave., Leeds,8," isn't Kirkstall either, it's Harehills.
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #30  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:

Mr QB "lived next door" Wink Mr. Green

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

PostPost #31  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big Si wrote:
markfiend wrote:

Mr QB "lived next door" Wink Mr. Green

How big were his rats?
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

PostPost #32  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Red Sunsets wrote:
I can beat you on first trip to Leeds Angel, 1981. I shared a flat with a reet Yorksheer Man all the way through art school, I went down to visit him in his stately home town in the hamlet, them as call Armley. Ever since then when I say been to Leeds and stayed in Armley, everyone says 'where the jail is?'

York is where I will retire to... aye oop! wha's gettin' them Tetleys in?

Ah'll si' thi

We lived in Armley from the time Junior was born upto a couple of years ago. That's part of dodge city as well, tho with much less students and far more natives. I don't recommend it for a night out.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #33  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can second that. Mrs markfiend used to teach at Wortley High, just down the road from Armley. It's an... interesting place.
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #34  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Plausible Deniability Reply with quote Back to top

James wrote:
I was gonna post this in the closure topic but got a bit carried away, so I thought I'd start a new topic.Maybe a competition, who can predict the next excuse and its scapegoat?

My view is quite simple.

The Sisters are a big enough band,

The sisters DONT have any decent new material

NO reocrd company are going to inviest money in a band with no decent new material and not have access to the back catalogue.

Is shoet The sisters need to write some Decent material ie get in some more creative people write some killer tracks then the record companies come running.

just my two penneth

Matt
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #35  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That last post came from way out of nowhere... oh I remember what this thread is about now.
Well I like all the new tracks, not one of them that's is below par. Your comment about the back catalogue rings very true tho.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

PostPost #36  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
I can second that. Mrs markfiend used to teach at Wortley High, just down the road from Armley. It's an... interesting place.

Watch out. You'll have PC Blast after you.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #37  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blimey! I only visited the place twice and seemed OK back in the dim and distant 80s. Smile
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #38  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without dance routines they'll never make it.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #39  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Snub, did you just post that to show off the 'dancing emoticons'?
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #40  Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Red Sunsets wrote:
Snub, did you just post that to show off the 'dancing emoticons'?

No
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Yes
>
>
>
>
>
>
Yes and no
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #41  Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You
zaltys7

PostPost #42  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Plausible Deniability Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
mrs qb was talking to a woman she works with last week and they happened to start talking about 80s bands. she mentioned to her mate that i was quite enamoured of the sisters and her mate proclaimed "andrew eldritch! my dad's a builder and recently refitted his house and studio!"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So we may not get a new LP, but just check out Von's kitchen!!!

Kitchens!, I knew I'd find the connection eventually Mr. Green
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #43  Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #44  Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Plausible Deniability Reply with quote Back to top

James wrote:
I was gonna post this in the closure topic but got a bit carried away, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

I think that Von would make a good politician. He seems to have mastered the game of "plausible deniability." Despite being the nucleus of the band, Von has continually distanced himself from any of the factors the are (supposedly) preventing the release of new material.

My hazy recollection:

1995- 1997 - We can't release anything because the morons at the record company are trying to starve us into submission for their own short-term goals. [Okay, fair enough. We accept its the record company's fault, we're looking forward to those independent singles]

1998? - Adam is moving house (or was it building a studio?), things are on hold until that's done. [It's Adam that's causing the delay]

1999? - Change of plan, we are working on an album, inter alia, but the matter of single releases is currently on hold.

2000? - Can't seem to negotiate USA distribution [record company's fault]

2001 - We've spoken to major record companies, they all seem supportive, until financial backing is discussed. [It's the record company's fault]

2002 - Chris is compiling a DVD [so if that never sees the light of day, It'll be Chris' fault]

2003 - We keep presenting material, record companies keep knocking it back [record company's fault]
Interviewer: How about using the internet?
Von: "Adam won't let us use his material for promo purposes" [Adam's fault, Nice catch-22, should buy a few more years]

Does anyone really beleive all this? Did I miss any of the excuses? Is the order correct?

Mabye we can start a poll "what has been your favourite excuse for no studio output?"

Maybe a competition, who can predict the next excuse and its scapegoat?

June 2016 - Promises new album if Trump is elected.

Nov 2016 - Trump is elected

2017 - No new album

2018 - No new album
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #45  Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did the Chairman confiscate his laptop between '03 and '16 or was Von just too busy touring to cover his Vet bills Smile
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #46  Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2019 - no new album

2020 - global nuclear war. Von puts out the album, titled "Told You So", but we're all dead so nobody cares.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #47  Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AdrenaChris wrote:
2019 - no new album

2020 - global nuclear war. Von puts out the album, titled "Told You So", but we're all dead so nobody cares.

... Laughing ... anyway ... It's a Far Parade ... ... It wasn't me... ... but if it makes him happy ... Wink ...
VonOben

PostPost #48  Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...if Trump gets elected then maybe...

Oh, s**t!
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #49  Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VonOben wrote:
...if Trump gets elected then maybe...

Oh, s**t!

Like most of the world, I think he assumed it would never happen. Im on safe ground here, he thought. Theres no way anyone will expect another record!
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #50  Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He should have known better. I was under no illusion that it was anything other than a near certainty, the current world being very conducive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: