Vision Thing

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
James Blast
Banned

The last time is saw The mighty Clash was at the Irvine Magnum on the Combat Rock tour, great stuff.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It's a sniff alright, be funny to learn how they sampeld it (real sniff, drum machine high hat, sample, etc.)

I think it just properly kicks off a rant on George H W (or George I, if you will) and his silly drug policy and equally shady handling of Panama, where an 'evil' drug traffiker 'Noriega' had to be removed because he stopped following US orders. Meanwhile, good 'ol Manuel N had been traffiking for years, while on the CIA payroll!

Funny, you'd think with all the **** going on now in the world, Von would be inspired, but maybe he's just tired, he figured he did it once (rip a Bush), so why bother again? No one listened.
Pista
Cureboi

Apologies for the necro, but the images game made me suddenly realise I wanted to know this.
What does "2000 Hamburg 4" mean?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mythology states that its the postcode for the area of hamburg eldritch used to live.. at a guess i'd say that was the reeperbahn/docks area?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dan
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:mythology states that its the postcode for the area of hamburg eldritch used to live.. at a guess i'd say that was the reeperbahn/docks area?
I'd assume it's near, or not far. When I saw them in Hamburg in 1990 I found 2000 Hamburg 5. (I wasn't trying to find it, it was just a case of "Oh look!").
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Electrochrome wrote:It's a sniff alright, be funny to learn how they sampeld it (real sniff, drum machine high hat, sample, etc.)

I think it just properly kicks off a rant on George H W (or George I, if you will) and his silly drug policy and equally shady handling of Panama, where an 'evil' drug traffiker 'Noriega' had to be removed because he stopped following US orders. Meanwhile, good 'ol Manuel N had been traffiking for years, while on the CIA payroll!

Funny, you'd think with all the **** going on now in the world, Von would be inspired, but maybe he's just tired, he figured he did it once (rip a Bush), so why bother again? No one listened.
From Geopolitics and the 'War on Terror':

Interviewer: What is your reaction as an artist to the things we've been talking about?

Von: Well, I had a go at Bush's father for much the same reasons, especially with his CIA connections. I'm not going to dedicate the rest of my life to lambasting the Bush dynasty, and the American people must have seen what was coming when they voted for Junior despite my last album. The Republicans will have to change their template slightly before I vent at them again. I was looking forward to venting at them again, but Dubya is dismally devoid of any own identity, and the people pulling his strings are too generic to be pulled out of the shadows in an effective way, by me at least. My songs need characters, and I'm more inclined (especially since previous misunderstandings) to write about the doers than the done-to. I haven't been able to wax lyrical on Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice.

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/gen/rrr6/rrr6.html
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

re "the sniff":

firstly, one sniffs glue, or bicycle saddles depending on one's preferences, whereas one snorts drugs...
secondly, the track "First And Last And Always" on the original vinyl and on the box-set Cd is also clearly preceeded with (a representation of) a hoofing snoz-full. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Petseri
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Apologies for the necro, but the images game made me suddenly realise I wanted to know this.
There is another thread for that topic. ;D
Pista
Cureboi

Petseri wrote:
Pista wrote:Apologies for the necro, but the images game made me suddenly realise I wanted to know this.
There is another thread for that topic. ;D
Ahah! The search king is back.
:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

hello Martin! long time no read! 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Sha la la la - a nod to Bowies This is not America ?
Goths have feelings too