Gigs not listed on giglist on Sisters site

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Dan
Overbomber

Here's a list of gigs that aren't listed on the gig list on the Sisters site. I'll give sources where I have them. Don't pm me asking if I have them - this is only a list - I only have the ones that are already in common circulation.

March/April'82 Colne, Franks
Oct/Nov'82 Colne, Franks
(A friend in Colne went to the gigs, plus he's also spoken to Craig who remembers playing in Colne.)

5.10.82 York University
6.10.82 Leeds, Warehouse
(The gig list gives Leeds as the 5th and York as the 6th. Until I see evidence to the contrary they stay listed the other way round in my list.)

(24th or 25th).12.82 London, The Venue
(Mentioned in a Spiral Scratch article. I'm doubtful this happened, but am just including it as I saw it mentioned once.)

25. 3.83 Birmingham, Golden Eagle
(No clue, it's in my list, I collected the info somewhere but forget where.)

26. 3.83 Colne, Franks
(Another Colne gig a friend went to.)

27. 4.83 Swindon, Solitaire
(letter in UTR#7 lists this as a gig missing from the giglist.)

29. 4.83 Boscombe, Academy
(The site only gives the date and not the venue, despite tapes existing of it!)

30. 4.83 Nottingham, Trent Bridge Union Rowing Club
(Press cutting of gig advert.)

?. 5.83 Guildford
(For years gig lists included this. I've no idea where they got info from.)

5. 8.83 Brussels, Mallemunt Festival, Belgium
(The site says 24th. Someone who knew a bloke who lives in Brussels and went to the gig swore it was on the 5th.)

26. 8.83 Eindhoven, Effenaar
(I've seen a poster for this gig selling on eBay once.)

27. 8.83 Rotterdam Arena
(I've seen a scan of a poster for this gig.)
Anyone know if these last 2 happened, or were the posters printed and then were the gigs cancelled?

2. 9.83 Germany, Moers, Arrata
(If not the 2nd than a day or 2 later, the source of a mystery pic discussed a while back.)

13. 9.83 Philadelphia, Trocadera
14. 9.83 Boston, Spit Club
15. 9.83 New York, Danceteria
16. 9.83 Trenton, City Gardens
17. 9.83 New York, Danceteria
(Robin got the New York gig from a bloke who was in one of the support bands. This 5-date tour is mentioned in an Interview with Eldritch.)

26.10.83 Stockholm, Electric Garden
(A tape of this is in circulation.)

20. 5.84 Exeter, University (moved to 22nd and then CANCELLED)
14. 9.84 Paris, L'Eldorado (CANCELLED)
(Might as well include these for completeness.)

16. 5.85 Oslo, Vkateatern
(Can't remember who told me about this one. Robin maybe.)

(5th or 6th). 6.85 Boston
(Mentioned in that review that comes with the Fenders Ballroom box set.)

26. 1.86 JAPAN, Kyoto, Silk Hall (CANCELLED)
27. 1.86 JAPAN, Tokyo, Toshima-Koukaido (CANCELLED)
28. 1.86 JAPAN, Tokyo, Toshima-Koukaido (CANCELLED)
(And again for completeness.)

Anyone got any gigs to add to this, or and presscuttings/etc... to confirn the disputed dates?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

advert for manchester late 83

a gig in wakefield mid/late 83

good work Dan :notworthy: :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
Dan
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:advert for manchester late 83
22. 9.83 Manchester, Hacienda

That's already in the list, or do you mean another?
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I've heard much talk about the gig in Stockholm '83. Some say they saw it. Some say the Sisters were in the states at the time and can't possibly have been in Stockholm. Some say Andrew claimed he had never been to Sweden before '85. Some say Andrew confirmed a quick semi-official stop in Stockholm in '83. What's your take on it? d'like to hear more about it if possible.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

The Green Lantern wrote:I've heard much talk about the gig in Stockholm '83. Some say they saw it. Some say the Sisters were in the states at the time and can't possibly have been in Stockholm. Some say Andrew claimed he had never been to Sweden before '85. Some say Andrew confirmed a quick semi-official stop in Stockholm in '83. What's your take on it? d'like to hear more about it if possible.
Ooh, mysterious!
I love a good mystery. Any Heartlander sleuth gonna crack this case?
Gazza for England manager
Petseri
Overbomber

Some of the 1993 gigs are not listed either (let alone dates for the ones which are listed).

Off the top of my head, Vienna (2 December), Kassel (4 December, at the Eissporthalle), and Berlin (7 December) are all missing.

Martin
Petseri
Overbomber

The official site's gigography is at http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/gen/gigog/gigog.htm, in case anyone needs a link to it.

Martin
Hojyuu-obi

16.9.83 Trenton, City Gardens
There was a poster/advertisement of this gig sold a few years back on eBay, I'll see if I can unearth the picture I've kept of it.
Hojyuu-obi

26.8.83 Eindhoven, Effenaar
@ Dan

Is that the one with the leather jacket w/ 'Sisters' printed on?
Hojyuu-obi

5.8.83 Brussels, Mallemunt Festival, Belgium
(The site says 24th. Someone who knew a bloke who lives in Brussels and went to the gig swore it was on the 5th.)
http://www.newwavephotos.com/SistersofMercy.htm mentions 5th as date and since the man was there to take the pics who's to say he's wrong. :wink:
Dan
Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:I've heard much talk about the gig in Stockholm '83. Some say they saw it. Some say the Sisters were in the states at the time and can't possibly have been in Stockholm. Some say Andrew claimed he had never been to Sweden before '85. Some say Andrew confirmed a quick semi-official stop in Stockholm in '83. What's your take on it? d'like to hear more about it if possible.
Hmm, not sure. All I know is from listening to the audio it's a real gig, not a fake cobbled together from other gigs. Again a press cutting/ticket stub/etc would help here.
Petseri wrote:Some of the 1993 gigs are not listed either (let alone dates for the ones which are listed).
Yeh I didn't bother going through the later gigs, as the later tourdates are well documented elsewhere.
Hojyuu-obi wrote:
There was a poster/advertisement of this gig sold a few years back on eBay, I'll see if I can unearth the picture I've kept of it.
Cool. The dates for the first US tour was part speculation on Robin's part, based on what Eldritch said in that interview and what he was told by the guy who gave him the tape.
Hojyuu-obi wrote:
26.8.83 Eindhoven, Effenaar
@ Dan

Is that the one with the leather jacket w/ 'Sisters' printed on?
Yeh, that's the one.
Hojyuu-obi wrote:
5.8.83 Brussels, Mallemunt Festival, Belgium
http://www.newwavephotos.com/SistersofMercy.htm mentions 5th as date and since the man was there to take the pics who's to say he's wrong. :wink:
Cool, that's that one sorted then.
Hojyuu-obi

@ Dan

Is that interview the one where A.E. is 'flirting' with a female interviewer from a Canadian radio station (freebie with Spiral Scratch 1) ?
Spiggy's hat

Dan wrote:

I'd never heard f those bookings before, does anyone know when they were booked? Was it months (Albert Hall time) in advance, or did Von plan to play them with a new line up?
Give me one good reason
Dan
Overbomber

Hojyuu-obi wrote:@ Dan

Is that interview the one where A.E. is 'flirting' with a female interviewer from a Canadian radio station (freebie with Spiral Scratch 1) ?
I can't remember offhand. He mentions it's a 5 date tour and mentions the 2 Danceteria gigs. In one of the two Oct'83 US gigs Eldritch says something like "Shall I tell some leper jokes like we did last time in Boston", that gives us Boston.
Spiggy's hat wrote:
Dan wrote:

I'd never heard f those bookings before, does anyone know when they were booked? Was it months (Albert Hall time) in advance, or did Von plan to play them with a new line up?
Presumably booked sometime before the RAH gig. I've seen a picture of tickets or advertising (I forget which) for the gigs.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Think there were some dates planned in Japan in '98 as well that fell through?

K.
Hojyuu-obi

Dan wrote:
Hojyuu-obi wrote:@ Dan

I can't remember offhand. He mentions it's a 5 date tour and mentions the 2 Danceteria gigs. In one of the two Oct'83 US gigs Eldritch says something like "Shall I tell some leper jokes like we did last time in Boston", that gives us Boston.
Spiggy's hat wrote:
Dan wrote:

Presumably booked sometime before the RAH gig. I've seen a picture of tickets or advertising (I forget which) for the gigs.
See bottom of the page in next link (press 'End' button :) ) http://halinux.rug.ac.be/~robin/unclear ... kets1.html
Hojyuu-obi

Dan wrote:
Hojyuu-obi wrote:
Cool. The dates for the first US tour was part speculation on Robin's part, based on what Eldritch said in that interview and what he was told by the guy who gave him the tape.
And I'm here with the promised picture only to sow more confusion (it's not from Trenton as I incorrectly stated above). Apparently there was a gig the 9th of september at the East Side Club, Philadelphia. I does not mention the year but september the 9th of 1983 was on a friday ... that is IF the flyer/poster is authentic :urff:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imagese ... stside.jpg
Hojyuu-obi

paint it black

Dan wrote:
paint it black wrote:advert for manchester late 83
22. 9.83 Manchester, Hacienda

That's already in the list, or do you mean another?
nope that's the one. not in the above list though. :roll:

east side club is mentioned in an interview i have somewhere :? i also have the happening gigography on my HD. Essential bit of kit 8)

oslo is mentioned on the 1985 European tour itinerary i have 8)
Last edited by paint it black on 28 Apr 2004, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Goths have feelings too
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Dan, if you also list "canceled gigs" add

2,3,4 November 1990 Athens Greece, Rodon club

i think some small posters must exist, not 100% sure

there were adds in the press for the gigs
Dan
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:nope that's the one. not in the above list though. :roll:
Thats because the above list is a list of gigs not on the official "gigography". It's in *that* list.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

again for completeness two more cancelled shows:

xx.02/03.1991 vienna, u4, - this one was scheduled sometimes between febraury and march 1991 which would have fit perfectly with other played dates - i remeber having read an article about the gig. u4 used to be a famous location in the viennese scene especially during the eighties - people like prince came especially to perform in this very small venue - a pity it didn't happen

xx.05/06.1992 bad gandersheim festival - this one was mentioned in the gig-adverts on the last page in german zillo magazin listing all current tours/festivals - so the exact date might not be a problem - also schduled was alison moyet. the funny thing about this gig was that i travelled 10 hours by train to bad gandersheim - for nothing. that time i spent my time at the army, read the info about the gig only the day before it should happen, hired a girl friend on a party on friday night and off we were - i should have called the promoter. i also travelled to ludwigsburg in 1990 facing a record of 2 gigs out of 4 tries that time. instead of the sisters in bad gandersheim we managed to see the charlatans in munich that night.

it took me a long time to get confident again when the sisters were expected to perform......
love is just a shot away
Drsisters

Stockholm 83 ?
This is how I got the story told from a friend who personally knows the guy behind Electric Garden event. There was a guy from Manchester (Simon), I think he was called Simon, my memory falls here. Who lived in Sweden early 80:ish, a personal friend to both Andrew and Gary. He orginized a couple of gigs with The Fall, Psychic TV and The Sisters Of Mercy among others in Stockholm on the Electric Garden. Electric Garden Moved around a lot due to what venus was free to use at the time.
The Person who recorded The Sisters gig at the electric Garden is called Mats, he did a lot of recordings with both The Sisters, Psychic TV and The Fall. He also made a bootleg tape of the Oslo gig 85, which is still uncirculated.
I am trying toget hold on one of the the posters from Stockholm 83, which a store in Stockholm have haning on the wall in the shop.
I am also going to try to get touch with Mats for some more info out the gigs, who knows what turns out :?
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Dave R

sorry mate, the Brum date was actually the Selly Park Tavern, suported by The Wild and Wandering, (who btw, became PWEI and the Stuffies...)

I know, cos i was there....

Only Golden eagle affair, was when Motorhead played teh Demolition Party and a few "sisters" were present in their entorage.....

:D
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
paint it black

Drsisters wrote:Stockholm 83 ?
This is how I got the story told from a friend who personally knows the guy behind Electric Garden event. There was a guy from Manchester (Simon), I think he was called Simon, my memory falls here. Who lived in Sweden early 80:ish, a personal friend to both Andrew and Gary. He orginized a couple of gigs with The Fall, Psychic TV and The Sisters Of Mercy among others in Stockholm on the Electric Garden. Electric Garden Moved around a lot due to what venus was free to use at the time.
The Person who recorded The Sisters gig at the electric Garden is called Mats, he did a lot of recordings with both The Sisters, Psychic TV and The Fall. He also made a bootleg tape of the Oslo gig 85, which is still uncirculated.
I am trying toget hold on one of the the posters from Stockholm 83, which a store in Stockholm have haning on the wall in the shop.
I am also going to try to get touch with Mats for some more info out the gigs, who knows what turns out :?
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

cheers doctor :wink:

that also means the manchester one could have taken place.

if you do a search on "electric garden", pretty much all you get back is sisters trade sites :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too