Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Craig Adams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #26  Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hardcoreshutterbug/27894577/

EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #27  Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dan wrote:
Or he's looking to buy it from Choque. Next on the list: one of Von's mikestands.

I'm thinking of putting the Doktor's drumsticks on Ebay, though... It wasn't me...
tooyoung
Road Kill

PostPost #28  Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Craig just played with Spear of Destiny last night. He'll be playing bass on the current tour which runs through December.
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

any records? It wasn't me...
tooyoung
Road Kill

PostPost #30  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Craig filled in bass last night for the 25 anniversery reunion of Theatre of Hate. It should be available on CD/DVD in a few weeks
adarkadaptedi
Childlike Empress

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who's this "choque hosein," then? I get a kick out of these trainspotting threads, mainly because I'm so damn ignorant! Wish I were an insider, as well... *envious* Neutral Our fearless leader!

[.the enigmatic entity formerly known as SINsister.]
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #32  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude from Salvation who now runs a Leeds-based record label. One of Quiffy's mates.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #33  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark wrote:
Dude from Salvation who now runs a Leeds-based record label. One of Quiffy's mates.

aye. and he was best man at my wedding Very Happy

the chap with the big hair on the far left:

http://www.salvationhq.co.uk/gallery/index.php?file=./press/band4.jpg
the cake is a lie
tooyoung
Road Kill

PostPost #34  Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a video with a pretty good angle on Craig during a recent ToH concert. The sound sucks, but if you're familiar with the song, Craig does a pretty good job on the bass line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBp9G-RPME
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #35  Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for sharing
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #36  Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.nigelkurt.com/gallery/photography/

The Alarm Mike Peters and Craig Adams Jan 2004 Nottingham
boneheadhaggar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #37  Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

talked to Craig in a kebab shop in Crewe after the Theatre of Hate gig, said he was going to America for a while then joining up with Spear of Destiny for a tour/album release later this year Cool
Stevethebass
Road Kill

PostPost #38  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
i gather craig's old gibson thunderbird bass has recently fallen into the possession of a certain choque hosein (via one mick brown) Wink

hmmm, i feel a bit of "guitars reunited" might be called for... Very Happy It wasn't me...

Guitars reuinited?? Smile

Hi all, got here via a Google search relating to a particular Thunderbird Bass - the one I sold to Craig Adams (I think it was him) round about 1991 when I lived in Hanworth Middx. The bloke said he played bass with Sisters of Mercy. It was a '76 in natural finish and it had a mod - a two way microswitch fitted near the vol/tone pots to select between single coil and double coil on the rear pickup. Is that the Bass you're referring to? It could, of course, have been refinished in something more Goth, say, black, black, or indeed...black Wink Wink

edit..Actually, looking at his face, I don't recognise him. But then, the bloke I dealt with had hair.
Stevethebass
Road Kill

PostPost #39  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found a picture of my bass, and it shows the toggle switch to be below the volume pots, so it doesn't match the Black Thunderbird on the Official site. Ah well, but there might be another....
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #40  Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Spear of Destiny Reply with quote Back to top

He is playing with Spear of Destiny on their current tour:-

Vids from the Islington show (yes I went last week Smile )

http://www.youtube.com/user/mipevo6

pics (mostly of kirk)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2022102&id=1269483042&l=cb60233e10

MIP
onager
Road Kill

PostPost #41  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Craig is still going strong with Spear of Destiny, and has just finished doing a new album with them, the rather excellent Omega Point.
S.O.D.
Road Kill

PostPost #42  Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spear Of Destiny are on tour right now with Stiff Little Fingers and I believe Craig is still with them ( I have tickets for leeds 24th March2012) and spear of destiny/theatre of hate westworld weekend may 11th and 12th in crewe (i have tickets for this too)!!! if your interested
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #43  Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know if Craig's solo stuff mentioned here http://www.thealarm.com/archives/17548 has seen the light of day ? If so, is it any good ? Amazed he has any time to record with touring with the three bands (SOD, Alarm, M*****n). I assume he is still sporting the same "hairstyle" as Our fearless leader! these days.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #44  Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Does anyone know if Craig's solo stuff mentioned here http://www.thealarm.com/archives/17548 has seen the light of day ? If so, is it any good ? Amazed he has any time to record with touring with the three bands (SOD, Alarm, M*****n). I assume he is still sporting the same "hairstyle" as Our fearless leader! these days.

I think it was on sale at the Mish gigs last year. I didn't buy it and haven't heard it. Can't remember whether I've heard any samples but if I have then they obviously made no impression on me. Can't recall any opinions from those who've given it a fair hearing.

And yes, he still has the same hairless-style.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #45  Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stufarq wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:

I think it was on sale at the Mish gigs last year. I didn't buy it and haven't heard it. Can't remember whether I've heard any samples but if I have then they obviously made no impression on me. Can't recall any opinions from those who've given it a fair hearing.

And yes, he still has the same hairless-style.

Thanks for the info. I've found a review of it (http://inthepoppyfields.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/craig-adams-demon-king.html) but have not read much about it on here, which is surprising when so many people regard his bass playing as being one of the integral parts of early Sisters and the key element missing today.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #46  Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have a copy of this:

Coloursøund: "Coloursøund" (1999)

Vocals – Mike Peters
Guitar – Billy Duffy
Bass – Craig Adams
Drums – Scott Garrett

TBH I thought it was a bit so-so, but if you're looking for more of Craig's bass sound its definitely on there... along with Billy Duffy's guitar, which should be an almost perfect sound shouldn't it?

Not listened to it for a few years but from what I remember it failed to live up to the sum of it's parts Sad

http://www.discogs.com/Coloursøund-Coloursøund/release/630330
the cake is a lie
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #47  Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://soundcloud.com/mike-kelly-music/demon-king-promo

http://www.poison-door.net/
Fixater
Road Kill

PostPost #48  Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I met Mr Adams at Barbican Tube Station a few weeks ago. He was heading to Berry Street Studios to record some bass for a band called Mayhem Deranged. I don't know when the track will come out yet but it will also feature James Stevenson on guitar who he works with in the Alarm. He was fitting this in before doing a gig for The Alarm over in Wales if I understood correctly. He was very pleasant to talk to and quite open about his days in the Sisters. I am really kicking myself for not getting a photo...had I had a few red wines in me I would have asked! Ah well...
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #49  Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fixater wrote:
I met Mr Adams at Barbican Tube Station a few weeks ago. He was heading to Berry Street Studios to record some bass for a band called Mayhem Deranged. I don't know when the track will come out yet but it will also feature James Stevenson on guitar who he works with in the Alarm. He was fitting this in before doing a gig for The Alarm over in Wales if I understood correctly. He was very pleasant to talk to and quite open about his days in the Sisters. I am really kicking myself for not getting a photo...had I had a few red wines in me I would have asked! Ah well...

Nice first post. Welcome. Smile
Fixater
Road Kill

PostPost #50  Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if Craig's Sisters era Ibanez Roadster will ever surface again? Very Happy

Quiff Boy wrote:
i gather craig's old gibson thunderbird bass has recently fallen into the possession of a certain choque hosein (via one mick brown) Wink

hmmm, i feel a bit of "guitars reunited" might be called for... Very Happy It wasn't me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Where are they now? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: