Sisters Wiki

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sisters wiki dot org is here

http://www.sisterswiki.org

Anyone is welcome to join in ;D

*Edited for the current address.
Last edited by markfiend on 15 Sep 2005, 11:38, edited 2 times in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've added a few pages but not much content. Anyone can edit any page; don't worry if you've not used a Wiki before, it's fairly self-explanatory! And if you f*ck anything up, no problem, someone will probably come along and correct anything.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Would you be averse to us separating the various sub-sections onto different pages? Since it's a dedicated wiki you can afford to have pages like "Lineup" and "Singles", unlike in a universal one such as Wikipedia where they'd all clash.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Do what you like ;D

That's a good idea I think actually :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Ok, I've cleaned up the main page (removing extraneous wikipedia links and moving things to their own page) and done an almost comprehensive song list. That will take lots of work to accurately complete, but the framework is there.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

these line breaks are reappearing faster than I can take them out - any chance of password-protecting the Wiki with an openly known password - just to stop bots.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I've made an SSV page, and am in the process of making a page for each of the SSV songs. :lol:

The summer holidays have begun as of two hours ago, so here's something to do for a couple of months. ;)

((I won't be getting bored. I once wrote a 12-page essay on the Sisters, about each song, and wanted to redo it with info on the bootlegs too, which probably would have upped it to about 20 pages. :lol:))
aims
Overbomber

Dark, you wouldn't mind adding those songs to the "complete" list, would ya? ;)
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I've added the track lists to all the singles except I Was Wrong, which seems to be missing from the list.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Motz wrote:Dark, you wouldn't mind adding those songs to the "complete" list, would ya? ;)
When I'm done writing something on each song, I'll go through the lot.

Since I don't believe some of the lyrics are correct, I'm listening to them again. I can't get the last line of the second verse of Drugsar.
I know most are "We drive a long black car", but the first sounds more like "We heist along the bus" or some such.

I only have a low-bitrate version though, I'll look for a better one later.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I had nothing better to do this evening, so I added some stuff, namely pages on:

Merciful Release (inc a table of products)
Gary Marx
March Violets
Tom Ashton

and scattered some additional details throughout
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Right. I've written out a page for EVERY SSV song, and written up some information about Ben Gunn.

I'm now starting on GD, so wish me luck. :lol:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

The other thing I found out was that the random line breaks were not being caused by a bot, but by a fault in the wiki script.

They are generated if you use one of the 'edit' tags which run down the side of an article rather than clicking 'Edit Page' at the top of the page.

To avoid them, simply use the 'Edit Page' button at the top of the page. I've put a note to this effect on the front page of the wiki.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Would it be a good idea to have a section that lists all the bootlegs?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

nick the stripper wrote:Would it be a good idea to have a section that lists all the bootlegs?
Yes ;D
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

We're already the second-biggest (in terms of number of pages) wiki on http://wikihost.org :lol: :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:We're already the second-biggest (in terms of number of pages) wiki on http://wikihost.org :lol: :notworthy:
Are these guys to be trusted? If it's not to late I can probably offer free hosting on a LAMP server.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

*shrug* I was wondering about that to be honest. I've just d/led the .tar.gz of the database (904K) and I was considering shifting it to a host that's more like the "proper" wiki; (this one has non-standard wiki-markup which is p*ssing me off)
—Bertrand Russell
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:*shrug* I was wondering about that to be honest. I've just d/led the .tar.gz of the database (904K) and I was considering shifting it to a host that's more like the "proper" wiki; (this one has non-standard wiki-markup which is p*ssing me off)
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
...I'm not reading this thread anymore, my brain hurts :twisted: :eek: :)
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
hallucienate
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:*shrug* I was wondering about that to be honest. I've just d/led the .tar.gz of the database (904K) and I was considering shifting it to a host that's more like the "proper" wiki; (this one has non-standard wiki-markup which is p*ssing me off)
Well if no one has any objections I can have a go at installing the open wiki software and we can take it from there. Maybe one of you designers could make it look pretty and stuff? If there is enough interest I can register a domain for it too.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

hallucienate wrote:
Well if no one has any objections I can have a go at installing the open wiki software and we can take it from there. Maybe one of you designers could make it look pretty and stuff? If there is enough interest I can register a domain for it too.
Sounds like a good idea to me

That would also allow us to host some image files, which would make a vast improvement to the whole wiki.
hallucienate
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
hallucienate wrote:

That would also allow us to host some image files, which would make a vast improvement to the whole wiki.
OK. Any objections then?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Cool. :notworthy:

Apparently only the owner of a wiki can download the database; that's me... but I'll PM the login details to you Lucien so that when you've got the hosting set up you can just download the database for yourself.

Once we've done that we can just abandon the old one I guess.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

lazarus corporation wrote:
hallucienate wrote:

have you tried wikipedia's free software? dont know much about the whole topic but i gather its quite good.

or is that the one you mean?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

when its up i'll see about adding some kind of permanent link to it...

can we get laz corp or someone good with the crayons and the old angle brackets to tart it up too, so it looks nice? :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?