Secret Sisters gig in leeds, this Tuesday

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
hallucienate
Overbomber

August is winter.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

winter in july?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:winter in july?
yup. summer in december. the shops still have snowflakes in the windows though :roll:
Debaser
Overbomber

Will someone be able to save me and a fat bloke a seat??? :D :D :D Unless it's pissing down of course then we'll be there, early doors so to speak.

Got a bit of fibbing to do though..... we'll see. I have a fatalist approach to life...so I'll be the bint outside in the rain licking the windows coz she couldn't get in ;)
Last edited by Debaser on 01 Aug 2005, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

My mum said no. :cry:

I'm considering wether to put the "went out to get the paper" lie into affect, but at a much larger scale. :| :innocent:
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i wish i could go, but im in work till 5ish, and then i couldnt make it to leeds till like 7.. and i already promised someone id be somewhere else
Debaser
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:Will someone be able to save me and a fat bloke a seat??? :D :D :D Unless it's pissing down of course then we'll be there, early doors so to speak.

Got a bit of fibbing to do though..... we'll see. I have a fatalist approach to life...so I'll be the bint outside in the rain licking the windows coz she couldn't get in ;)
Oh bolloky s**t wank...the lard boy has to go to the quack's at three...that's us screwed then.

I require constant updates of all tomorrow occurences please

*sniff*
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Don't worry, Ness, I'm still too f**king young to go.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

In fact, I tried just now to get them to let me go.

They said I'd have to stay in Leeds that night, and that pretty much ruined the case for me going.
Bollocks.
aims
Overbomber

That was the same argument that my Mother used :(

That and my reluctance to go to Leeds last week to meet a girl. Go figure :roll:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I'm hoping to make this one but just one thing - does anyone know of a left luggage that isn't shut by 23:00 (like the train station) or for use by (the Queens) hotel guests only? Failing that, would some kind person be willing to let me store my bags in their hotel room till after the gig? I'm taking a 1am train to Manchester afterwards so will be too late to pick up bags from the station left luggage. Any help greatly appreciated as I don't fancy bringing a whole tour's luggage to Joseph's Well!
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Andrew S wrote:I'm hoping to make this one but just one thing - does anyone know of a left luggage that isn't shut by 23:00 (like the train station) or for use by (the Queens) hotel guests only? Failing that, would some kind person be willing to let me store my bags in their hotel room till after the gig? I'm taking a 1am train to Manchester afterwards so will be too late to pick up bags from the station left luggage. Any help greatly appreciated as I don't fancy bringing a whole tour's luggage to Joseph's Well!
Check your PMs my friend ... :wink:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Yes! This must mean it's only another twelve years until the new album.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
aims
Overbomber

Don't worry.

We'll have a whole tour's worth of bootlegs to tide us over until the next one ;)
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Ah, the life of a pirate. A good one it is. Aar.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Well I'll be there tomorrow (might wear my Leeds top just to spite FFS Dave & please Norm!)

Must say I'm tingling at the prospect.

Supposed to finish work @ 5pm in Headingley. I can see an unfortunate bout of fake illness coming my way about lunchtime tomorrow for some reason.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

I'll be there too. Look for the guy onstage with the sunglasses, singing in a low voice. That's me, that is.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Timbo - ignorance is bliss. Same for the rest of you.

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Purple Light wrote:Well I'll be there tomorrow (might wear my Leeds top just to spite FFS Dave & please Norm!)
Blimey, so there's two. :eek: :lol: Bet you both 'support' the egg-catchers too. :wink:

Be ace to see you again Mr Light :notworthy: , do you still wanna buy that t-shirt? Could pay for me beer, that one. :wink: 8) :lol:

It'll also be good to see you lot too, the Honourable Quiffboy, Francis (if you get in :eek: ), Paddy, Dan, and Scardy as well - at last mate :lol: (that said, I will be in Amsterdam mode :twisted: ), and loads of other folk I haven't met yet. :notworthy:

And of course the Evil Trio of Johnny, Delilah and Mr Fiend. :notworthy: Get 'em in, peeps. 8)

And last, (so not least it shouldn't need saying), for absent friends. There'll be a full and frank report of the Fear And Loathing In Leeds trip winging its way to Berlin as soon as I can make my hands work again after tomorrow night. :twisted: You'll be missed canon :kiss:

Rock N Roll :von:

OT : Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. :notworthy: Seemed familiar. :innocent: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

FFS Dave wrote: And of course the Evil Trio of Johnny, Delilah and Mr Fiend.
Perchance does our reputation precede us? Or align with yours? :innocent: :twisted:
FFS Dave wrote:You'll be missed canon
You b@stard. You've made me :cry:

Preparing to Groove to the Industrial Machine. :von:

Rock and roll. Indeed.

canon docre
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote: And last, (so not least it shouldn't need saying), for absent friends. There'll be a full and frank report of the Fear And Loathing In Leeds trip winging its way to Berlin as soon as I can make my hands work again after tomorrow night. :twisted: You'll be missed canon :kiss:
:oops: Oh, I'm feeling a Gwyneth moment approaching.

FFS Dave >Image < me

Enjoy. All of you. :von: :notworthy:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

<passes the tissues>

hey canon, will you wanna hear the stories with or without the vomit? :lol: :von:

Could be a short report. :urff: :innocent: :lol: :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny M wrote: Perchance does our reputation precede us? Or align with yours? :innocent: :twisted:
Both.

As you well know. :twisted: 8)

'Nurse! The vodka! Quick!'
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

So that's another 15mins sleep packed into a fun filled night. :P

If I'd know in advance I could have arranged to be somewhere else. Far, far away.

But I never would. :von: