Speed Kings 2005?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Petseri
Overbomber

With a new guitarist (supposedly), how likely will there be a warm up gig under a different moniker, like the previous incarnations of Speed Kings and Near Meth Experience? Does anyone remember how those warm-up gigs were announced?

Martin
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I think it was very much reserved for the "inner circle" - the shaven-headed, sleeveless t-shirt brigade.
Oh, and possible a few of the bikers who "get rough with it" that Eldritch so likes.

Bitter, moi? :wink:

Rumour and word of mouth, basically.
Though I guess you can check the local listings for a band whose name is a word play on amphetamines...
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Well, both previous NME gigs have been 'announced' on the day on the Dominion list, so if it's going to happen, I guess we'll find out there. Unfortunately word-of-mouth is as likely. I 'found out' about the Fenton 96 gig the day after, ie. the day my ex listened to her answer-machine messages to hear a near-frantic friend telling her to ring me on the day of the gig to get my ass over to the Fenton 'as a matter of life and death'. :evil: At the time I lived exactly 30 seconds walk from the Fenton. :roll: :evil:

But yeah, theoretically they may choose to do 'something' to give Robogeezer a warm-up.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Keep your eye on the Brighton gig scene. I gather Tom Baker is there, which is as good a reason as any to visit the city.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Chairman Bux wrote:Keep your eye on the Brighton gig scene. I gather Tom Baker is there, which is as good a reason as any to visit the city.
Do you reckon such a gig might be anounced early enough for mainlanders to join the party?
You can't fix stupid.
Petseri
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:Keep your eye on the Brighton gig scene. I gather Tom Baker is there, which is as good a reason as any to visit the city.
Thanks. I figured that someone around here might offer some insight. :innocent:
Dan
Overbomber

So do we have to look out for a band playing in Brighton called something like "Doctor & The Jelly Babies" then?
And a Cramps cover version would definitely be interesting.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Will anybody of you who's keeping an eye on the Brighton live scene be so kind as to warn the mainland if anything suspicious is coming up?
You can't fix stupid.
James Blast
Banned

look out for Nuns With Guns in the Brighton area very soon

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

No sign of anything yet, unless they're playing under the name of "Anal Beard" in a small grotty room above the Hobgoblin.
James Blast
Banned

lazarus corporation wrote:"Anal Beard"
:eek: WTF!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

FFS Dave wrote:I 'found out' about the Fenton 96 gig the day after, ie. the day my ex listened to her answer-machine messages to hear a near-frantic friend telling her to ring me on the day of the gig to get my ass over to the Fenton 'as a matter of life and death'. :evil: At the time I lived exactly 30 seconds walk from the Fenton. :roll: :evil: .
...oh, hell. :(

That's as good as verification gets in these parts...cheers, comrade.
ruffers
Overbomber

Fat lot of good that did me.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

ruffers wrote:
Fat lot of good that did me.
I only mentioned that I spotted him doing his Christmas shopping here last December