vienna gig

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

tried to post it in the tours section - locked.

the venue now has a capacity of 935 - all tickets are sold. there might be some official reasons why the venue's page says 490 people only..... . i saw several gigs there (e.g. an incredible motorpsycho show) and i guess it fits quite good, although the out doors stage has a different athmosphere (you will find out about that tomorrow anyway).

and, as i thought it never will sell out (outdoors), i did not manage to get a ticket - shame on me! tried it only last week after the venue change had already been announced.
so, if anyone of you has got a spare one (or even two), please let me know. i will be there anyway and i am quite sure to get a ticket there, but you never know. (nothing similar ever happened to me - it's a feeling between laughter and tears)

anyway - see you there at a great night out ;-)

ps:
places to go before:
museums quartier (underground line u2) - nice athmosphere for drinks and museums
rathausplatz (next to cityhall and burgtheatra) - outdoor drinks
hermann bar (sandy city beach with drinks next to urania cinema and schwedenplatz)
altes akh (many bars for drinks and food in the garden of an old hospital)
prater (line u1 station praterstern) - old amusement area, gambling and some nice bars/restaurants - if you go there, ask for schweizerhaus and have a schweinsstelze and some beers!
close to the venue not that much happens, only at gasometer (line u3 goes there) you will find a shopping mall and several bars - but the atmosphere is of them is not the best... - in fact its a newly developed living and shopping area built into old industrial buildings
love is just a shot away
pandemon
Road Kill

got a trip to wonderful Vienna and tickets for the SoM gig from my lovely wife as a birthday present two weeks ago!
We're leaving tomorrow morning (unfortunately after working through the night) for a hotel around Pratern somewhere...

Which is the best option to go to Arena from around Pratern?

Oooh.... looking forward to it!!!

Never seen SoM before (my wife saw them at Roskilde in -98 though...) despite almost 20 years of loving them... That certainly must mean that they tour Sweden much too seldom...
... keep laughing ... kindredspirits.tk - debut album out now!
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

pandemon wrote: Which is the best option to go to Arena from around Pratern?
take line u1 to stephansplatz, then line u3 to erdberg - get out there and ask - its around the next corner, a 300 meter's walk
love is just a shot away
pandemon
Road Kill

excellent! Thanks alot!
... keep laughing ... kindredspirits.tk - debut album out now!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'll move this thread into the tour section.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lachert
Overbomber

I'm going. Train for a half hour. Don't have ticket :( Hope get two on place. See you there :D
long live rock'n'roll
Renzo
Road Kill

pandemon wrote:excellent! Thanks alot!
Thanks!

See you!!!!!!
pikkrong
Overbomber

lachert wrote:I'm going. Train for a half hour. Don't have ticket :( Hope get two on place. See you there :D
Did you get a ticket? Was you there as well?
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

that´s my question,too...!?
...meanwhile back in space
lachert
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
lachert wrote:I'm going. Train for a half hour. Don't have ticket :( Hope get two on place. See you there :D
Did you get a ticket? Was you there as well?
Sad to say but we travel two days from poland and we don't get tickets. I assault arena one time to get in. I was near stage but one definitely not-petite girl from personnel stoped me with her body. I keep almost full cup of beer and this devine liquid flooded her tits making her miss of the wet-t-shirt.
Outside, concert was clearly listenable (and from some places I even saw Adam, lights etc.). Sad story but there was a lot of people close to Sisters outside without ticket, and a lot folks inside which aren't even interested in concert at all.
Next day we want travel to Czech, but we was so tired. We back home and going to Mera Luna, but is a different story...

You can see us before Vienna gig here: http://www.eventsheute.at/cont/events/f ... riginal=29
long live rock'n'roll
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote: one definitely not-petite girl from personnel stoped me with her body.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Jessica? :innocent: :innocent: ;D
lachert
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:
lachert wrote: one definitely not-petite girl from personnel stoped me with her body.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Jessica? :innocent: :innocent: ;D
I don't know, maybe. It was quick action. We was close but I didn't ask her about name :lol:
long live rock'n'roll