2005/08/06, Tilburg, Netherlands

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
aims
Overbomber

Wasn't bad for my first Sisters gig, this one ;)

Not much that I can add with regards to the set list, apart from the notable absence of "War on Drugs" and the return of a nice acoustic version of "I was Wrong", which gave Chris a good opportunity to show off his classical guitar credentials. Incidentally, he seems to be a great bloke - I can't think of any other explanation for him and Adam entering the small bar around the corner where they were quite obviously going to be mobbed. As mentioned somewhere else, I managed to get to him for an autograph (which he signed on my copy of the set list ;)). In the ensuing two line conversation I mentioned that it was my first gig, to which he replied "Well yeah, it's my first one too" :lol:

I was positioned near the front with Christophe and someone else (can't remember, sorry :oops:), but with some encouragement from Dad, I'd worked my way up to the front barrier by the time Vision Thing was underway. The "pit" was wonderfully friendly - people were knocked about and bumped into, but whenever someone fell or got hit too hard their was always someone there to pick them up or give an apologetic slap on the back.

Von wasn't talking much, but his select comments ("Ladies and Gentlemen, Chris Catalyst, the man who eats Daleks!") were well received.

I'm sure I'll remember more as it comes to me, right now it still feels like a dream. The Heartlanders and their associates were all fantastic people - it was worth the drive just for the atmosphere of hanging around with you lot afterwards (although I left about half way through the hanging around ;)) :notworthy:

Anything I've missed?

By the way, if you saw a young 'un in the front who didn't know what to do with his arms, it was probably me ;)

A Top Nite Out :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Well, perhaps that people had to Shut, shut, shut the f**k up for I was wrong :lol: (The SSV fans will like that, won't they)

Nothing but approval from this side for the rest of your review :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

SSV references without me? :cry:

Ahem.. moving on.. where's the bootlegs? ;D
aims
Overbomber

Dark wrote:SSV references without me? :cry:

Ahem.. moving on.. where's the bootlegs? ;D
From what I've heard, quite a few people were recording the gig, so one should turn up soon. According to Quiffy, Chris asked if he could have a copy to see what it sounded like. :lol:
christophe
Overbomber

I should have a copy this week as well, so don't worry, the Bootlegs are on its way.
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

This was ONE of the best GIGS I have ever seen of The Sisters, de audio was amazing !!!

Also have met more of the Heartland Forum members !!!

And have met the suspect of the " Uw voeten stinken " near my icon !!!

also some forum members knew me by the sock incident, instead of my nick name !!!

THE GIG WAS MAJOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And some smoke poison :twisted:
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Shadow_Smile wrote:also some forum members knew me by the sock incident, instead of my nick name !!![/b]
Allegedly someone was even drinking soup made of your socks :innocent:

I hope you arrived at your girlfriend's in time :wink:

Anyway I've seen some bootlegging too, so I'm very sure we will get a good choice of material :notworthy:

Oh, and visit my website, I've put a gig & meet report on there: clicky or just click my www down here ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Can I join the "I need one of those t-shirts!!!" crew?

They look fabulous, naturally.

Glad you fine people who made the journey had a great time. I'm sure I speak for those even in Leeds on Tuesday... WE ARE JEALOUS.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

For my second gig live of SOF this one was the best. An amazing show in a cozy Choice and we all ROCKED OUR ASSES OFF!!
Before the gig met some of you amazing HL group (a few) and some amazing dominion group and drank my whiskey and had one hell of a night. SOF really showed what they are made of now and it looks hotter, sexier and sounds brilliant :notworthy:
Mr. E you are a god on stage and you make room for the others...that's what makes SOF rock!!!
Thank-you to you all for an amazing and quick evening....until our paths cross again...
To those following the 2005 tour - enjoy enjoy enjoy :!:

MB :kiss:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

@ JOHNNY
no.3 could have been something with the barenaked ladies :-)

and @ OBVIOUSMAN : went back to the venue and got 3 of the posters 8)
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Damn... You got more than me...

I'll try to get a couple in Lokeren tomorrow, I'll send you one if I find any spare ones :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

The Kings Of Khaos. 8)

That was the theme for the night despite the 40min delay getting into Dusseldorf. And as Obviousman has mentioned the Fawlty Towers checkin at the Lindeboom. It was surreal. Maybe because Doc P kept changing the goalposts. :innocent: But it was nice for me when everyone was jabbering at the same time and confusing the issue to shout 'shut the f*ck up! All of you.' :von: :lol:

Absolutely storming gig. One of the best ever and it was my 21st. Gig that is not age. It just rocked like an Industrial Groove Machine (which it hasn't done for a while) and it was perfect. Ab fab. 8)

Doc P shouting out 'Walk Away' between songs was a classic. :lol:

I could name lots of names but I won't. Anyone who said 'hello' and had a chat was a top person. You're all very cool people. Even Motz's dad. :notworthy: :wink:

But, if I had to single anyone out in the spirit of 'can you feel the love in the room' it would be the three Germans in the car with myself and Francis doing the Dusseldorf-Tilburg-Dusseldorf road trip. 8)

That's Christian, Conny and Bernd. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

An meine drei liebsten deutsche. Es war ein grosses vergnügen. Ihr seid alle ausgesprochen f**king groovy. Und Ich liebe euch alle.

Really. :kiss:

And as Christian has mentioned we went back and got the three gig posters. And to give the weekend some reality, I got it autographed. By the three Germans. :von:

Rock and f*cking roll indeed.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

doc P wrote:no.3 could have been something with the barenaked ladies
No, no. That was the conversation in the car going to Tilburg.

C: Jahnny, do you recognise this song?
J: (Leans forward over the drivers seat to listen) Nope.
C: It's Bare Naked Ladies. 'Bitter Sweet Symphony', the Verve song? They also do a cool cover of 'When Doves Cry'.
J: Groovy. *yawn*

(pause in conversation)

C: Jahnny, do you know Bare Naked Ladies?'
J: I've seen a few in my time ...

(cue much wetting their pants from Conny and Bernd)

:lol:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just to avoid misunderstandings: the Christian who was just mentioned is not me :-)

There were at least four Christians from Germany around (the one above, two from Berlin and me). I am the one from Peine / close to Hanover / the guy who was wearing the FC St. Pauli shirt.

Yes, the gig really kicked a**. I had a great time before, during and after the show. Greetz to everyone from myheartland I've met. You are all really nice people. Special thanks to Quiff Boy and J. (sorry, just don't know how to spell her name) for drinks & spending their time with me.

Looking forward to Mera Luna,

Christian
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Christian wrote:Just to avoid misunderstandings: the Christian who was just mentioned is not me :-)
Indeed :innocent: :P
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
home of the hitmen
Road Kill

Great gig, comes even close to A'dam 91 and Neerpelt Eurorock.
First 3 songs the sound was not so good, Eldritch voice was a bit unreconizable, but after that is was very good.

so, the best gig seen in the last 5 years from TSOM.
G-PRO
Road Kill

to complete the collection... smokey Von pictures...

Dark
Underneath the Rock

Don't forget, Debaser and I need these tour t-shirts.

</begging>
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

@ G-PRO - stunning photos mate - the first blue one and the last 'Smokey Von' pic have got 'cd cover' written all over them.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
G-PRO
Road Kill

FFS Dave wrote:@ G-PRO - stunning photos mate - the first blue one and the last 'Smokey Von' pic have got 'cd cover' written all over them.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: 8)

thnxs!!! did my best!!
The first one has been used already on
http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.info/tsom.html 8)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

As is right and proper. :notworthy:

Also, re. the second Smokey Von, I wonder if the devil wings effect was intentional?

Either way... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
gvalley
Road Kill

Hi folks;

stumbled onto your MB here, figured you might be interested in some pics from the show; managed to get some decent ones. Enjoy!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Great photos thanks :notworthy:

I particularly like this one
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

A million thanks to everyone for photos and reports. Great stuff.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
gvalley
Road Kill

Pleasure. Wrote some sort of review for this other MB I'm on, but I think it's a bit too... virginal for you expert legions of the SOM. :eek: