2005/08/08, Lokeren, Belgium

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
valeryg
Road Kill

Eva wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
christophe wrote:is the Vision thing avi working for everyone? I don't seem to get it working
Neither can I. Real Player's playing the sound but not the picture which is rather frustrating. Anyone have any clue what's up? Apparently Real has no software update available for me to play this video. :evil:
That's what my quicktime player tells me too. Strangely enough it has no difficulties playing snubnose.avi.... :?:
Real Player can't play .avi files and QuickTime tells always something missing...

all of you Mac users can download free MPlayer (OS X10.4 TIGER Users only)
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16623
or go to developers site for earlyer versions..MPlayer plays just anything... and forget about Real and QickTime..

anyway...great videos thanks:) :notworthy: :notworthy: wish i was there too :roll: :( :(
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I had the problem with Quicktime, but the latest (registered) version of real has no probs with it -I'd try every player you can as it's a fantastic video.

And realplayer can definitely play avi's.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Err... I play it with BSPlayer (very nice program BTW), in the bottom corner I see the DivX logo, are you sure you have the plugin for that :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
valeryg
Road Kill

Jim wrote: And realplayer can definitely play avi's.
sorry, i have free RealPlayer 10 for Mac OS X, wich plays back AVI files using QuickTime..so it can play only the same files as QuickTime Player can. :(
other great free Mac video player wich can play anything, even incomplete files is VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Don't apologise :D, just clearing it up for others wit' problems.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DivX Doctor for Mac (I can't remember where I found it) decodes avis to movs for quicktime.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
christophe
Overbomber

thx people

however no results yet
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Same here... I have most of these players (even VLC) installed but none feels responsible (yet) when I try to play the video.... :roll: :lol:

Eva.
You can't fix stupid.
valeryg
Road Kill

Eva wrote:Same here... I have most of these players (even VLC) installed but none feels responsible (yet) when I try to play the video.... :roll: :lol:

Eva.
still not playing?? are all you running Tiger 10.4.1? wich one?

Edit: try to download DivXDoctorII2.2 > http://www.3ivx.com/divxdoctor/
install it > open it > then drag the .AVI file to the application window > click start and soon you should have a new QuickTime .MOV file.

for me that works too...

i am running 10.3.9/QuickTime 7..hope this will help :notworthy: :roll: :notworthy:
Eva

I'm running 10.4.2.

But my main problem is that neither firefox nor safari will let me download the da*m thing without me buying quicktime pro. I don't buy anything - i download and then run it on another fcuking program, I've got plenty of them on my mac to run fcuking .avi files :evil:

Just for the record: I'm not having a go at any of you nice people just at the technology....
You can't fix stupid.
valeryg
Road Kill

Eva wrote:I'm running 10.4.2.

But my main problem is that neither firefox nor safari will let me download the da*m thing without me buying quicktime pro.
:) hey, thats absurd? how you downloaded the other one AVI file :eek:
open Safari > dont open AVI file in Safari > just click Option on the keyboard + click on the file you want to download with the mouse....and thats it > the file is in Safari Downloads window:) :eek:
you dont have to buy anything... :lol: :notworthy:
Eva

:oops: :lol:

Ok, I've managed now. And I can watch it, and it's beautiful...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
christophe
Overbomber

:oops: seems I didn't try quicktime to play it.
its working fine now, thx people :D
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote::oops: :lol:

Ok, I've managed now. And I can watch it, and it's beautiful...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I still can't damnit! :evil:

RealPlayer is having no trouble playing Snub Nose but it's still refusing to play Vision Thing. Both are avi files so I don't see what the difference is.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

They're just different ;-)
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Is this said great show will be avaliable in the weeding section ? Would be great !!!
GothicBowie
Road Kill

it was been since 1992 i saw them at stage, i always was 'fan' , they where just great at Lokerse Feesten, wonderfull, just to bad the weather was not that good this year
it was great to see the Sisters of Mercy at my hometown
erik,
pikkrong
Overbomber

valeryg wrote:
Eva wrote:Same here... I have most of these players (even VLC) installed but none feels responsible (yet) when I try to play the video.... :roll: :lol:

Eva.

install it > open it > then drag the .AVI file to the application window > click start and soon you should have a new QuickTime .MOV file.

for me that works too...

i am running 10.3.9/QuickTime 7..hope this will help :notworthy: :roll: :notworthy:
Stupid question: is it only for Mac users? :oops:
valeryg
Road Kill

pikkrong wrote:
valeryg wrote:

Eva.

for me that works too...

Stupid question: is it only for Mac users? :oops:
do you mean DivXDoctor? no, its for PC too..look on the page.
what do you want to convert? here is some free video converter for PC i found, but dont know if its good:

http://www.soft32.com/download_123702.html
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Guys, Iswear the latest version of real plays it, on both platforms no less, just go upgrade :roll:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Did anyone really see the Vision Thing video? I'm not kidding. I downloaded a video converter and got a reply "this is not a video file" :?
Wasn't better with Real player :(
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:Did anyone really see the Vision Thing video? I'm not kidding. I downloaded a video converter and got a reply "this is not a video file" :?
Wasn't better with Real player :(
Yes I saw it, I use ClipRex and it works very fine.
Nice colors on the video :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

both played fine for me using windows xp and media player 10 :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, the vision thing vid kicked arse.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

They both worked fine on my Quicktime 7 (Pro)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell