Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
2005/08/08, Lokeren, Belgium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters August 2005 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valeryg
Road Kill

PostPost #151  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eva wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
christophe wrote:
is the Vision thing avi working for everyone? I don't seem to get it working

Neither can I. Real Player's playing the sound but not the picture which is rather frustrating. Anyone have any clue what's up? Apparently Real has no software update available for me to play this video. Evil or Very Mad

That's what my quicktime player tells me too. Strangely enough it has no difficulties playing snubnose.avi.... Question

Real Player can't play .avi files and QuickTime tells always something missing...

all of you Mac users can download free MPlayer (OS X10.4 TIGER Users only)
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16623
or go to developers site for earlyer versions..MPlayer plays just anything... and forget about Real and QickTime..

anyway...great videos thanks:) We are not worthy! We are not worthy! wish i was there too Rolling Eyes Sad Sad
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #152  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the problem with Quicktime, but the latest (registered) version of real has no probs with it -I'd try every player you can as it's a fantastic video.

And realplayer can definitely play avi's.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #153  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Err... I play it with BSPlayer (very nice program BTW), in the bottom corner I see the DivX logo, are you sure you have the plugin for that Question

My Facebook/My Flickr
valeryg
Road Kill

PostPost #154  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:
And realplayer can definitely play avi's.

sorry, i have free RealPlayer 10 for Mac OS X, wich plays back AVI files using QuickTime..so it can play only the same files as QuickTime Player can. Sad
other great free Mac video player wich can play anything, even incomplete files is VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #155  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't apologise Very Happy, just clearing it up for others wit' problems.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #156  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DivX Doctor for Mac (I can't remember where I found it) decodes avis to movs for quicktime.
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #157  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thx people

however no results yet
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

PostPost #158  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same here... I have most of these players (even VLC) installed but none feels responsible (yet) when I try to play the video.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Eva.

Meanwhile: I'm still confused but on a higher level... Smile
valeryg
Road Kill

PostPost #159  Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eva wrote:
Same here... I have most of these players (even VLC) installed but none feels responsible (yet) when I try to play the video.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Eva.

still not playing?? are all you running Tiger 10.4.1? wich one?

Edit: try to download DivXDoctorII2.2 > http://www.3ivx.com/divxdoctor/
install it > open it > then drag the .AVI file to the application window > click start and soon you should have a new QuickTime .MOV file.

for me that works too...

i am running 10.3.9/QuickTime 7..hope this will help We are not worthy! Rolling Eyes We are not worthy!
Eva

PostPost #160  Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm running 10.4.2.

But my main problem is that neither firefox nor safari will let me download the da*m thing without me buying quicktime pro. I don't buy anything - i download and then run it on another fcuking program, I've got plenty of them on my mac to run fcuking .avi files Evil or Very Mad

Just for the record: I'm not having a go at any of you nice people just at the technology....

valeryg
Road Kill

PostPost #161  Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eva wrote:
I'm running 10.4.2.

But my main problem is that neither firefox nor safari will let me download the da*m thing without me buying quicktime pro.

Smile hey, thats absurd? how you downloaded the other one AVI file Surprised
open Safari > dont open AVI file in Safari > just click Option on the keyboard + click on the file you want to download with the mouse....and thats it > the file is in Safari Downloads window:) Surprised
you dont have to buy anything... Laughing We are not worthy!
Eva

PostPost #162  Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed Laughing

Ok, I've managed now. And I can watch it, and it's beautiful...

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #163  Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed seems I didn't try quicktime to play it.
its working fine now, thx people Very Happy
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #164  Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eva wrote:
Embarassed Laughing

Ok, I've managed now. And I can watch it, and it's beautiful...

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

I still can't damnit! Evil or Very Mad

RealPlayer is having no trouble playing Snub Nose but it's still refusing to play Vision Thing. Both are avi files so I don't see what the difference is.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #165  Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're just different Wink
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #166  Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this said great show will be avaliable in the weeding section ? Would be great !!!
GothicBowie
Road Kill

PostPost #167  Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it was been since 1992 i saw them at stage, i always was 'fan' , they where just great at Lokerse Feesten, wonderfull, just to bad the weather was not that good this year
it was great to see the Sisters of Mercy at my hometown
erik,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #168  Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

valeryg wrote:
Eva wrote:

Eva.

install it > open it > then drag the .AVI file to the application window > click start and soon you should have a new QuickTime .MOV file.

for me that works too...

i am running 10.3.9/QuickTime 7..hope this will help We are not worthy! Rolling Eyes We are not worthy!

Stupid question: is it only for Mac users? Embarassed
valeryg
Road Kill

PostPost #169  Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pikkrong wrote:
valeryg wrote:
Eva wrote:

Eva.

for me that works too...

Stupid question: is it only for Mac users? Embarassed

do you mean DivXDoctor? no, its for PC too..look on the page.
what do you want to convert? here is some free video converter for PC i found, but dont know if its good:

http://www.soft32.com/download_123702.html
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #170  Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, Iswear the latest version of real plays it, on both platforms no less, just go upgrade Rolling Eyes
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #171  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone really see the Vision Thing video? I'm not kidding. I downloaded a video converter and got a reply "this is not a video file" Confused
Wasn't better with Real player Sad
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #172  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pikkrong wrote:
Did anyone really see the Vision Thing video? I'm not kidding. I downloaded a video converter and got a reply "this is not a video file" Confused
Wasn't better with Real player Sad

Yes I saw it, I use ClipRex and it works very fine.
Nice colors on the video We are not worthy!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #173  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

both played fine for me using windows xp and media player 10 Neutral
the cake is a lie
Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #174  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the vision thing vid kicked arse.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #175  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They both worked fine on my Quicktime 7 (Pro)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters August 2005 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: