Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
the Joseph's Well gig
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters August 2005 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan-Wind
Road Kill

PostPost #1  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok let me be the first to say this was one of the most amazing gigs i've ever seen and definitely the hottest! Other than the idiot at the front who once anyone bumped his girlfriend reacted by headbutting people in the face! An absolute knoblord! It was fantastic.

Hello to the couple we met from London in the queue I hope it was worth the funny money you paid for train tickets! Smile
euphoria
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, setlist, line-up??? I'm starving to know Smile)
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

PostPost #3  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was rather impressed... although I should perhaps apologise for being very, very drunk...
snowey

PostPost #4  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just got back in from this excellent gig, the setlist I picked up was as follows:

Giving Ground
Ribbons
Crash & Burn
Summer
Alice
On The Wire
Dominion
War On Drugs
Flood 1
Susanne
FALAA
Will I Dream
Anaconda
Lucretia
Temple Of Love
Romeo Down
Flood 2
Top Nite Out
Vision Thing

I haven't had chance to check this list against my mini discs so I "might" have to change the above later.

Thanks to Our fearless leader! for letting Myself, Mrs Snowey and Scardy stay for the soundcheck...top bloke....so much fannying about during this check that we used up a whole disc Very Happy

And it was to f**king hot.............
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

PostPost #5  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was a Top nite out:
Set list :
1)Giving Ground
2)Ribbons
3)Crash & Burn
4Summer
5)Alice
6)On the Wire/Teachers
7)Dominion/Mother Russia
8)War on Drugs
9)Flood 1
10)Suzanne
11Falaa
12)Will I dream
13)Anaconda
..............Lost it there but i'm sure someone will finish it for you........Vision Thing featured also..............and what nice people were there...........and I met Von.And also the very nice QB & Markfiend & Mike P & lots of other fine people...... all in all it was rather good............and Eva arrived having come from the other side of the globe deserves total respect for her efforts..........Bed for me now cos it's a school nite
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

PostPost #6  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The dirty custard already beat me to it!!!!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not jealous. Very Happy

Mr. Green

Very Happy

Smile

Neutral

Evil or Very Mad

Not in the least! Crying or Very sad
Scardwel

PostPost #8  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that was one hell of a gig! I got there early, and managed to watch the whole of the soundcheck with The Snoweys after everyone else had been kicked out into the street .Razz Doors opened around 9pm and I found myself right at the front with Delilia - she was rather worse for wear and collapsed during the encore - I grabbed hold of her and shouted for help - the guy next to me realised what was going on and helped me lift her over the barrier and out of danger. I don't know who you are but thanks man! She's o.k. by the way.
Can't do a full review 'cause I'm too knackered.
Smile
christian p.
Road Kill

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

more details, please.

who's in the band actually? adam, chris may...?

how's andrew's haircut ?

anything else of importance...?

photos, please !!!

Rolling Eyes

thanks & cheers
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got to hear about a minute of the gig. Thanks for the call Quiff! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

But I've got a 3G phone now so video next time huh? Wink

Thanks again
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was very hot......

For me dissapointing as it usually is sadly, ive always wanted to be blown away by The Sisters but sadly got into them far too late.... this becomes more and more apparent each time i do see them.

The sound was crap, possibly not suprising but lots of unwanted feedback most of the gig, and i for one could only here one guitar for most of the show.

There just seems to be no context for the Sisters anymore and it just makes its so hard to here mostly the same set over and over again year after year. Its never to support a new album etc (obviously), just seems to be pin money as and when and the longer it goes on the more obvious it becomes.

I hate to say it, but i went back into the bar halfway through the set bored.

It was fantastic to see everyone in one place mind as it always is, and ultimately i guess cool that they still do gigs like this for people who get something out of it.

For me though a real shame, and unfortunately ive felt like that for some time now.

Paddy Sad
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FFS Dave wrote:
Any other distinguishing features by which I can tell who you are...assuming you'll be hiding the neanderthal slouch. Laughing I'll be in a lovely yellow Sisters number, vacant expression, flowers in my hair... Laughing

I remember you! The colourful one!

I was the one wearing black. Wink
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #13  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beat me to it Pads...

...I went with lowish expectations which were met.

Eldy sounds less intellectual love god these days, more last puppy left in the shop on Christmas Eve.

Still, nice to see everyone - & I think Paddy & I are in a minority (altho' there were quite a few people who didn't bother returning to the hall after the break...maybe it was just too darn hot!) - Ed had a lovely time. I shall be washing that noisy manga shirt just as soon as I catch it...! Laughing
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #14  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Allright, so most of you enjoyed it, nice Smile And some of you even met von, which is cooler Surprised

So no new songs then?

You guys make me even more curious about Tilburg Very Happy

My Facebook/My Flickr
Black Widow
Road Kill

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Carrie for letting me know this gig was on. No thanks to my patients that I finished work late. Nice to know it wasn't a 'blown away' gig though. Confused
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had lots of fun
Nice to meet up with everyone again to. Timsinisters leather golf suit was the ducks nuts.

The 'Now play something live' heckle was a classic, Adam didn't seem to like that. Wasn't you was it Quiffy?

Best things in the band were Eldo's new beard and Chris May. His rock attitude, bobbling head and snarling stare added some much needed freshness.

Glad they turned the smoke machine off after the break

Good to hear the proper riff back in First and Last, Eldo's string vest should have been left on the beach where he found it.

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
snowey

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our fearless leader! did say you get what you paid for.
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My expectations were low, but were well exceeded. Not having seen them for 21 years, I guess the set seemed pretty fresh to me. And it was nice to see the guitarists up front like a real band as opposed to squabbling at the back. Good company, great atmosphere, cracking band. We are not worthy!

@Paddy: Sometimes it pays not too know too much about the fine art of playing live. Wink
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Francis wrote:

@Paddy: Sometimes it pays not too know too much about the fine art of playing live. Wink

He he, seriously, its not that with me. I guess because i love his product so much i just dearly want to be blown away by an awsome gig..... it just doesnt happen for me.

I know people might think "hes bound to say that doing the Smurphs" but trust me, i covet my Sisters albums and the fantastic songs on them as much as the next man. Ive always belived that these songs could be released today and sound fresh..... which i think is a HUGE compliment, but live?Confused I go away dissapointed.

Paddy
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Plus..... as has been said, in fairness it was a free warmup gig!

Paddy Smile
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the pics of Our fearless leader! : Looks more like an overaged gay than a rockstar to me Laughing

My Facebook/My Flickr
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Obviousman wrote:
Looking at the pics of Our fearless leader! : Looks more like an overaged gay than a rockstar to me Laughing

Laughing We are not worthy! Laughing We are not worthy! Laughing We are not worthy!
If only he could be bothered to read it and shave this hair off his face! Wierded Out
I still love him though.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

PostPost #23  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lovely night in the pub with some lovely people was only slightly marred by some bunch of chancers making an awful racket.

the gayer in the string vest seems a nice enough bloke though.
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #24  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like this new Andrew, more motorcycle-guy/gay than ever. Just the cowboy hat that's missing. Laughing

Great to hear they play the original-riff in FALAA, hope they could do the same with Amphetamine Logic, that would be swell...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RicheyJames wrote:
the gayer in the string vest seems a nice enough bloke though.
I even managed to get a kiss goodnight from him.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters August 2005 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: