Dylan Smith

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I couldn’t help it…
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

lmao not gonna lie, I actually laughed out loud with this topic
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

On the naughty step
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Really hope he's ok. Felt like i just payed a lot of money to go and watch my parents fight.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 22:56 On the naughty step
According to eastmidswhizzkid's sources he's sacked. I wonder whether it was alcohol or drug related.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Or any number of other things-related? Well, it was certainly something-related, that much is assured. It's beyond pointless speculating further, although of course that'll never stop anyone so feel free.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Planet Dave wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 17:52 Or any number of other things-related? Well, it was certainly something-related, that much is assured. It's beyond pointless speculating further, although of course that'll never stop anyone so feel free.
He was sacked for being taller than Von. With Davey missing Von was the shortest. Unacceptable so Chris was brought back. Sacking Dylan was the final act in his deviously executed plan.
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 18:04
Planet Dave wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 17:52 It's beyond pointless speculating further, although of course that'll never stop anyone so feel free.
He was sacked for being taller than Von. With Davey missing Von was the shortest. Unacceptable so Chris was brought back. Sacking Dylan was the final act in his deviously executed plan.
:lol: I knew that last sentence of my post was asking for trouble. Unless you're telling us the actual reason Ez, in which case I'm utterly appalled at this! Couldn't they just have bought some boxes? No place for heightism in today's society.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
H. Blackrose

Almiche V wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 17:20
H. Blackrose wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 22:56 On the naughty step
According to eastmidswhizzkid's sources he's sacked. I wonder whether it was alcohol or drug related.
People elsewhere are saying alcohol
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 18:04
Planet Dave wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 17:52 Or any number of other things-related? Well, it was certainly something-related, that much is assured. It's beyond pointless speculating further, although of course that'll never stop anyone so feel free.
The argument isn’t sound. With Chris still being taller than Von and Ben, Von remains the shortest. I know I have some platform boots somewhere in the attic. Come here, Von, I’ll lend them to you…. :lol: :lol: :lol:
sultan2075
Overbomber

I hope Dylan is able to get it together. From my very distant point of view it looks like something I’ve seen a number of friends and family struggle with, and it’s a hard thing.

I hope he lands on his feet.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
H. Blackrose

Von decades ago, on the official site wrote:There is actually less conflict within the Sisters than there is in many other bands. We're often amused by the tantrums being thrown in the dressing room next to ours. Sometimes I wonder if we should have more conflict. I'm told that it breeds drama and - possibly - inspires a healthier kind of creativity....

Most guitar players have a particularly hard time because they are positively encouraged to nurture and flaunt their personality. A good guitar player has an egotistic streak which is almost as well developed as the singer's. Bass players and drummers do not traditionally have such a problem. Moreover, guitar players are more often - and not unreasonably - tempted by opportunities (real or imagined) to break off and form vehicles for their playing and writing which put them centre-stage. Being a guitar player is an intense and high-profile role, but it's a long, long way to the front of the stage.

And it can be a hard place to fall from. There's a steep climb and a sharp drop. If your ego put you up there in the first place, it's going to be unhappy on the way up and unhappy on the way down. My ego is happier elsewhere, so I can prowl both edges of the stage with impunity. Others are not so fortunate. Their ego howls to get up there, and it howls when it falls back down.
Esoterica
Road Kill

“Being a guitar player is an intense and high-profile role, but it’s a long, long way to the front of the stage.” Unless of course, your last name is Hendrix or Van Halen….
H. Blackrose

Interesting that Von or whoever could amend the official site to announce rescheduling of the 3 missed or abortive German dates, but didn't bother taking the bit about Dylan off it
Todashi

H. Blackrose wrote: 11 Oct 2023, 01:19 Interesting that Von or whoever could amend the official site to announce rescheduling of the 3 missed or abortive German dates, but didn't bother taking the bit about Dylan off it
Yes, I had the same thought. But then maybe things aren't so fixed yet.

Do we know that Dylan is gone for good? Maybe he was under a lot of pressure in London etc and Von said take a few weeks off and we'll see you later on in the tour? I don't know of course, just pondering that it's hard to know for sure what's going on. It's quite telling that they have a s**t hot extra guitarist on tour with them who knows 80 per cent of the material backwards, and yet they've got him pressing play on a laptop rather than out front with a guitar.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well, maybe without pressing play on a laptop the whole thing would't work even with two guitars. The Doktor has always been a most essential part of The Sisters sound and rhythm ... :) ...
Todashi

Being645 wrote: 11 Oct 2023, 10:44 Well, maybe without pressing play on a laptop the whole thing would't work even with two guitars. The Doktor has always been a most essential part of The Sisters sound and rhythm ... :) ...
Yep, that's true. But which would be harder, getting Chris up to speed on the new songs, or getting a new Nurse up to speed on the Doctor? Anyway, it doesn't really matter, other than to say until there is a definitive line on Dylan, I think it's hard to say exactly what's happened/happening.

It looks pretty final from a distance, but stranger things have happened.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Look on the bright side, there might be a new NME gig somewhere on the horizon. Only might, but still.
Todashi

Well, that appears to be that. New guitarist means no Dylan coming back anytime soon.

So for what it's worth, I liked his stage presence, what he brought to gigs and also the role he seems to have played in re-enegising the band. What happens behind the scenes isn't really any of our business, but I hope everyone can move on and get on.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Todashi wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 08:21 Well, that appears to be that. New guitarist means no Dylan coming back anytime soon.

So for what it's worth, I liked his stage presence, what he brought to gigs and also the role he seems to have played in re-enegising the band. What happens behind the scenes isn't really any of our business, but I hope everyone can move on and get on.
look man, being a nice guy diodnt stop Mark or Wayne or Tim or Andreas or Mr Whammy or Chris Starling RIP or Mike or Uncle Tom Cobley and all getting the sack or getting so they couldnt work with Andrew anymore. Shit happens. Dylan sent me a Private Message on my birthday 2 years ago and was super, super respectful and nice on the few occasions we met. Eldritch is like bitches innit: cant live with em cant kill em! (>>>>>>emwk does one before a Heartlandess beats him to a crisp with his own tongue) :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
H. Blackrose

Gonna need a citation for "can't kill Eldritch"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Official site now says 'So that happened'.

Dylan's name resonates through the writing credits for the new songs still, hopefully the official site will eventually paint a fuller picture of his significant and priceless contribution to the bands history, co-writing credits on some of their greatest tunes :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Esoterica
Road Kill

What? You’re really sure Dylan isn’t coming back? Well then, I guess if this keeps up, every Tom, Dick & Harry will have played with the band. Which means: keep your Sisters tee. You might play with them someday, too. :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Esoterica wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 19:26 What? You’re really sure Dylan isn’t coming back?
Nope, not sure at all, just bringing the website update to folks attention. It seems highly unlikely that he would, but I know as much as you.
headcleaner2k
Road Kill

Nooooo!

Who's the replacement?