line up rumors

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

please, you leeds based lovers of good music - spit out the lineup-rumors!

in fact i would say adam is still doing it - it took him many years to develop his sound, which is great these days. there would be big sound problem if anyone else were to take over adams part. gary, mike,chris and chris all serve the same guitar parts. wayne would fit. btw, what is craig doing in february/march?

25 years and give me more
love is just a shot away
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

judging by the comments on his website's guestbook, chris catalyst seems to be onboard.

adam being back due to his current mc5 non-commitments seems t make sense too.

not heard anything from mr marx to suggest he may be onboard, but then there's no reason he'd tell me if he has already been asked to keep it secret :?

my gut feeling is that i doubt it... damn shame though! :urff:

and fwiw, i think craig's emmigrating to america :o oddly enough... :lol: ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

If Gary was playing, I'd go.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Craig just completed the Alarm album and has probably promotion coming up for that. Wayne is busy doing a new Mish album and getting universal to do a Best Of.
Last edited by Karst on 05 Jan 2006, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Talking of The Alarm, I heard that Mike Peters has cancer?

If so, I hope he's OK.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Mike Peters has cancer clicky and Craig will be busy touring at the same time as The Sisters.

but
Hussey wrote:There’s a couple of interesting little things happening early in the new year which we will tell all you about when we have all the details
rumour started.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Pat wrote:
Hussey wrote:There’s a couple of interesting little things happening early in the new year which we will tell all you about when we have all the details
rumour started.

Even though it (probably) isn't true, doesn't thinking of it make your heart quicken?

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Pat - that refers to the Universal re-releases - I think.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I hope Adam is still in.
He is the main guitarist for 12 or 13 years now.
And he has co-written most of the new stuff which makes up half of the setlist.
So if anyone deserves to be on stage for the Sisters 25th anniversary it's... the legendary Mr. Whammy.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

as i have said elsewhere i couldn't imagine anything better than a return to the fold of the other original sister; but not because of any dislike of adam pearson, who i think is probably as good a guitarist and has co-written songs that i think will stand as alltime classic sisters songs.
i doubt very much that gary marx would rejoin the band permanently but you never know; especially as he wrote an entire album for eldritch to use for the sisters (another wasted oppurtunity by von).
what is more likely is cameo appearances by past-members at the 25th anniversary gig.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

you think they'd be interested enough to fly all the way to vegas for a one-off gig? and you think von would invite them? :?

eldritch celebrates anniversaries, but he's not one for looking back...

more likely would be a guest appearence or two at a "secret" warm-up gigs around leeds, should one happen... (note: thats not a hint. i know nothing more than anyone else does :| :() at the very least, i guess a few of the old faces would turn out for at any such event, even if it was just to say hi to herr e. - there were enough of them at the last joseph's well gig after all :D

here's hoping :|
Petseri
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:more likely would be a guest appearence or two at a "secret" warm-up gigs around leeds, should one happen... (note: thats not a hint. i know nothing more than anyone else does :| :() at the very least, i guess a few of the old faces would turn out for at any such event, even if it was just to say hi to herr e. - there were enough of them at the last joseph's well gig after all :D|
While I would not be surprised to have a warm up gig prior to the Vegas one, especially if there is a line-up change for the tour, would that be a good time for a guest appearance? A warm up gig is to work out the kinks and dust of some rust. If it is more of a "thank you" to fans, then maybe.

Otherwise, I think a guest [maybe for a couple of songs] is more likely (albeit still remote) if the paths of the band and a former member crossed during a tour. For example, seeing Andreas for a cameo in Hamburg. (This is jujust hope on my part; it is not based on anything which I have heard.)

Martin
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"...would that be a good time for a guest appearance? A warm up gig is to work out the kinks and dust of some rust. If it is more of a "thank you" to fans, then maybe."

ahh, yes. good point... :|
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Peter KJ wrote:I hope Adam is still in.
He is the main guitarist for 12 or 13 years now.
And he has co-written most of the new stuff which makes up half of the setlist.
So if anyone deserves to be on stage for the Sisters 25th anniversary it's... the legendary Mr. Whammy.
I completly agree whit you peter
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

streamline wrote:
Pat wrote:
rumour started.

Even though it (probably) isn't true, doesn't thinking of it make your heart quicken?
If by that you mean "stomach heave", then yes. Now I'm no insane Hussey hater - "God's own medicine" is a fine album - but for Hussey to hook up with the Sisters again at this point would make this a dull nostalgia tour, rather than the beginning of the second 25 years of the Sisters.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

So it's gonna be "Sister Chris Catalyst" and Mr. Whammy (most probably) on guitars.
"as we walk on the floodland"
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

with a guest appearance from a Boss DR55 or an Oberheim DMX?

:lol:

or maybe he's got a Linux-based Doktor Avalanche now (Gentoo Voodoo drums)

or he's been watching March of the Penguins too much
DeWinter

streamline wrote:
Pat wrote:
rumour started.

I would love that to be the case.But what would be in it for Hussey?I doubt he's going to put himself out just for another opportunity to stand in Eldritch's shadow!
As for Adam Pearson..I'm sure he's a lovely chap,but to me,his tenure with the band is synonymous with the bands decline into relative obscurity,and his guitar work doesn't thrill me.No distinctive style of his own.I've been under the impression he's in the band due to being Andrew's friend rather than anything else.If anyone should be up there with Eldritch to celebrate 25 years of The Sisters,it should be one of the guitarists who defined the sound of the band during it's height,like Andreas Bruhn,or,yes,That Guitarist.
Ocean Moves

DeWinter wrote:
streamline wrote:
Pat wrote: rumour started.

I would love that to be the case.But what would be in it for Hussey?I doubt he's going to put himself out just for another opportunity to stand in Eldritch's shadow!
As for Adam Pearson..I'm sure he's a lovely chap,but to me,his tenure with the band is synonymous with the bands decline into relative obscurity,and his guitar work doesn't thrill me.No distinctive style of his own.I've been under the impression he's in the band due to being Andrew's friend rather than anything else.If anyone should be up there with Eldritch to celebrate 25 years of The Sisters,it should be one of the guitarists who defined the sound of the band during it's height,like Andreas Bruhn,or,yes,That Guitarist.
I agree with what you say, but if you take the line that it should be
someone who defined the band during its height (or hey day) I would
suggest Gary Marx or Craig Adams on Bass. The later would make
more sense to me, since that position has been done by machine since,
er, Tony the pineapple head left the band.
aims
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:or maybe he's got a Linux-based Doktor Avalanche now (Gentoo Voodoo drums)
Given his assertion that the midi interrupt handling on modern operating systems is crap, I doubt he'll find a kernel old enough to surpass DOS and new enough to run Hydrogen, etc, unless he uses the realtime patchset.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this? ;D
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Motz wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:or maybe he's got a Linux-based Doktor Avalanche now (Gentoo Voodoo drums)
Given his assertion that the midi interrupt handling on modern operating systems is crap, I doubt he'll find a kernel old enough to surpass DOS and new enough to run Hydrogen, etc, unless he uses the realtime patchset.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this? ;D
no, you should just (both) get out more. :roll: :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
aims
Overbomber

I'm off to school now, does that count?

Disregarding, of course, the fact that I have a free period first thing and will probably be browsing Heartland :innocent:
DeWinter

Ocean Moves wrote: I agree with what you say, but if you take the line that it should be
someone who defined the band during its height (or hey day) I would
suggest Gary Marx or Craig Adams on Bass. The later would make
more sense to me, since that position has been done by machine since,
er, Tony the pineapple head left the band.
I think Tony's doing yet another pointless reunion of the worst band in the universe,Sigue Sigue Sputnik(Sick Sick Sh*tbag),so chances of seeing him would be slim..not as slim as that face of Sisters past,Patricia Morrison!
Arguably she was the face of the "Floodland" era,how about her?Although Eldritch should take the precaution of allowing her near no sharp objects and his person respectively..
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

been asking around and there's no suggestion that mr marx will be re-joining, or anyone else for that matter.

according to my "source" (who is mates with most of the "old guard" from leeds and the surrounding districts), von hasn't approached any of them to come back on board, whether it be for a one-off gig or a full tour.

(note: i haven't asked gary himself though)

bugger :(
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:been asking around and there's no suggestion that mr marx will be re-joining, or anyone else for that matter.
Rumour ended :lol: