Slept

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Being645 wrote:or anybody else available ...
you are of course quite correct. Meanwhile

the best team won
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Above the Chemist

:D ... very sweet ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

stufarq wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:ok: so how long did it take anyone to work out that von is actually boasting about making the-beast-with-two-backs with the lovely ms nunn?
Surely too many references to multiple girls for that to be the case? And the "girl too far with pale blue lips" suggests something altogether more disturbing. The prostitution angle makes more sense to me, especially with the repeated "shake me down again" (something the local police might do...)
i refer you to mrfiend's observation re. von's love of multiple meanings. mr marx remained convinced that "carefull lingers by the door" (some kind of stranger) was about him, despite the songs overall meaning as given by eldritch.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If I may purloin a quote from Velvet Goldmine, I think Eldritch lives in constant fear of not being misunderstood.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

:lol: indeed. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
aims
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I've added the [citation needed] tag to the Sisters reference. I've certainly never heard it before.
So via a discussion of films watched in A-Level language classes, I ended up on the Bahnhof Zoo article (c/o Wir Kinder Vom...) and noticed the reference. Did a double-take, since I remembered suggesting it, and didn't think it was there at the time. Googling for my original post turned up this page of the thread.

Cut to the first page of the thread - December '08 (3rd and 4th, respectively):
Motz wrote:Coming back to this after 3 years (eep!) it sounds like the confessions of an erudite curb-crawler. I like it (and so hadn't looked at it that way before. Dim)
Motz wrote:This also came to mind earlier. Am I being really slow, or was it actually not this obvious?
And looking at the diff, it seems it was added by someone the day after I posted the suggestion. 99% sure I wasn't the one to do it - far too handwavy in my own mind ;)

Seems like a plausible Zoo for :von:'s protagonist to have woken up in.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Red Sunsets, Green Sunsets, Yellow Sunsets..
That's Kenia's flag, right? ;D
Kenya?!?!??! :eek:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody