New York [6 March]

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I doubt there's much that could have swayed the VV critic anyway. Too many new songs, not good enough for old fans. Old songs, and it's a nostalgia act. Blah blah blah...

But yeah...you see a lot of g***s at the show so dressed up, hours to get into costume for a concert, and you can imagine that sense of obligation. "We're goths, so I guess we have to go to the show." Not happy about it, perhaps waiting for it to be over, waiting for something to happen other than songs being played. And how/why do a new generation of Sisters-show g***s appear? Who knows? The rep lives on. Perhaps it's knockoff Sisters shirts in Hot Topic. Or g*** clubs that only play Temple of Love '92...

'Everybody's got assignations...'
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
dourmaj
Road Kill

ditto (good reviews)...

But I'm' going to break with the consensus and say I didn't like the Warlocks much... Their music was interesting, I liked the two drummers and some of the interweaving guitar riffs... but I thought the whole package, especially some VERY whinny singing at times added up to a suppressive opening act, in my opinion... I might have liked them more if I could have sat down for it (and that is not an insult).

Overall there was a very strange vibe at the show (from my perspective)... maybe they should have revived the comfortably numb cover (?). On that note I've being going to shows since 1991 and this was the first where I thought one wrong move and I might get clocked... so this was most uncomfortably numb for me. As for the stat on normal dressed people in the majority, I guess we are all getting older (some now old enough for grandkids)… denim jacket, black T (something had to be) my army ‘work’ pants and a pair of worn out running shoes: I learned long ago that dressing down is much better than dressing up.

I thought the set list was great (no band has a perfect set) and the energy on stage was likewise... the sound is the sound, they don't do gigs at Radio City so it doesn't make sense to get into it. If it really bothers you, invest in a kick ass stereo, and look for a boot of the Wake: Royal Albert Hall show if you don't already have it, that had really good sound. But look on the bright side, at least it wasn't Roseland. My only real criticism (ever) is that their shows are notoriously on the short side and (even on my really old bootlegs) they jump too quickly from one song into the next... aside from when you don’t see me, which I don’t like in any format, they definitely “rocked out.� Too bad we didn't.

I really hope this is not a 'farewell tour,' as it seems clear to me there is still a lot of life (if not more than ever) left in their act...
We may know 10% of what there is to know in medicine. At any given moment if I know 10% of that, I'll consider myself lucky. It remains to be seen what that means for you.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"The several 6ft+, 200lb a**holes who kept picking me out of the crowd to move and stand right in front of. "

hey! i'm a 6ft+, 220lb a**hole!
('cept i was up on the balcony and had to look past other people's heads)